Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC10B4.1 RTR vs Worlds kit >

RC10B4.1 RTR vs Worlds kit

RC10B4.1 RTR vs Worlds kit

Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC10B4.1 RTR vs Worlds kit

Hi,

3 friends and I, currently racing 1/8 offroad buggies in Switzerland, are considering running 1/10 2WD brushless buggies in the winter season (there are no 1/8 indoor tracks anywhere, and winter is dead for outdoor racing around here). With the amounts we sink into our favorite hobby, we were considering a low cost approach to 1/10 2WD, and all want the same equipment.

The cheapest available in Switzerland consists in the RC10B4.1 RTR kit. The Worlds kit is the same price but requires esc/motor/servo.

Now the RTR kit, from what I've read, does have a few shortcomings (servo, shocks, motor?). And so I have a couple of questions:

1. In your opinion, what are the parts that need an upgrade or which upgrades will offer the most effective/efficient improvements in the RTR kit. Remember we are just looking for a decent performing car, while limiting costs somewhat, not for top performance.

2. If we go the Worlds kit route, what would be a good low cost ESC/motor combo to recommend (looking for the equivalent of a Xerun 150A/Leopard motor combo people use in 1/8 buggies). Recommended servos welcome!

Any thoughts and feedback welcome,
Cheers,
Nick