Like Tree38Likes

VRC Pro offroad

Old 02-16-2020, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't tried it, but if any control on your TX can register through the USB adapter, you can use Joy2Key to map that to a keyboard press.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

put your keyboard on the floor and use you foot
token and Bsthetech like this.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone received any more info on the previously paid lifetime membership issue? Iíve sent an email and never received a response which doesnít surprise me.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antlockyer
put your keyboard on the floor and use you foot
Or put it between my legs and use my.........belt buckle
Old 02-17-2020, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Or put it between my legs and use my.........belt buckle
I really wasn't joking, I've done it when racing and it sounds much better than balancing it on your lap.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Only need the space bar if you're crashing .... kind of the point of using VRC to practice really

One of my standard practice techniques for VRC is 100 laps at a comfortable pace without crashing. I actually take my wireless keyboard out of the room and into the lounge so I have to get up and walk to it just as I would when practising at the track!
What this does is force me to manage my pace rather than try and go balls out everywhere, this is one of the biggest benefits I've had from VRC on real race days as my natural tendency is to find comfortable pace and stick to it for a clean qualifying run.
antlockyer likes this.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by antlockyer
I really wasn't joking, I've done it when racing and it sounds much better than balancing it on your lap.
Wasn't trying to be a wise guy. Okay I was trying to be but I did think you were joking. Actually that could work for me except as of now at least I use it in a racing cockpit with pedals and steering wheel that I use for Sim racing so I don't have an open spot to set the pedals down
antlockyer likes this.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RogerM
Only need the space bar if you're crashing .... kind of the point of using VRC to practice really
Ironically I was thinking about posting something along these lines even before I read your post. Crashing less would require less resets to be sure. I've onlyhad it up and running using my transmitter for a few days. I'm having trouble with the front end dropping over jumps even when I'm holding Full Throttle. I probably can adjust this out by shifting some weight to the rear. Unless some of you guys have suggestions to help me keep the front end higher?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How do you guys set the steering exponential? I see that the game comes standard at -20%, I changed it to 0% recently and felt a lot better. A lot more steering on on-road touring car
Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
How do you guys set the steering exponential? I see that the game comes standard at -20%, I changed it to 0% recently and felt a lot better. A lot more steering on on-road touring car
I just turn down the servo speed.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bracer11
Has anyone received any more info on the previously paid lifetime membership issue? Iíve sent an email and never received a response which doesnít surprise me.
What issue?
Old 02-17-2020, 02:09 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bracer11
Had a discussion going with them concerning the membership. Basically from what I gathered from the conversation:

- They are not making enough money to support what it is costing them to maintain the game servers, etc (that I think is also the short of it from the email about there possible change)
- If they do not see enough of these voluntary paid access memberships or whatever you call them, they will go to a setup where its paid to access the content
- Those who paid for the lifetime membership will have access to all the content as before, but essentially behind an access wall if they do not see the funds they are looking for
- Doesn't appear there will be a grandfathered in clause or some form of a discount for those who did pay the lifetime membership as it relates to the potential access fee / membership, if that goes into place.

So based on those convos, my impression is that we will most likely see this model implemented unless something really changes. I know I was personally under the impression that when you bought the lifetime membership, that covered all the access, etc. In short, I didn't need to have any further out of pocket expense. I wish I could see the original ad when it was going on prior to the whole december deadline deal.

Can I understand that they need funds to come in to support the servers, etc. yeah, I can see that. I can also see though the impression I and others had that when you paid that lifetime membership fee, it was all inclusive, based on what I recall when it was advertised. I could be wrong though and would love to see the original ad.

Anyway, that is where things are at. Not sure how everything really works for the game to be honest, I hope that maybe manufacturers can see a benefit to supporting it enough so it doesn't go to a pay to access model AND pay for items model as well.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Even though this is a niche within a niche within a niche market, I feel like they don't do enough marketing on this game. It's a really good platform for practice. I wonder if putting up signs and banners in big events would help. Maybe get a pro driver to race regularly against people online would bring more people in
Old 02-17-2020, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Further development would entice members to pay. 1/10th off road buggy (2 and 4 WD) would be a great start.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

I think if it had 2wd alone I would have already bought it a while ago. They focused on weird classes to start.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.