Like Tree38Likes

VRC Pro offroad

Old 01-24-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
What if they release new packages in the future, you would need to buy those too on steam?
the all inclusive pack should give future updates for free.

This is whats on the steam page:

ABOUT THIS CONTENT
This professional Lifetime All-Inclusive license gives you access to all cars, all components, all accessories and all tracks for UNLIMITED TIME, including ALL FUTURE RELEASES of new cars, car parts and tracks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._AllInclusive/
Old 01-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On steam you buy the base VRC Pro game, https://store.steampowered.com/app/335070/VRC_PRO/
Then you add what you want. For the the current sale price, the Professional Lifetime All-Inclusive is the best option. https://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._AllInclusive/

If many of use are on steam, you can add me if you ever want to BS around a track, Steam ID - sebtarta
We could have a list of all Steam IDs
Old 02-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Greetings. New to VRC Pro. Installed from Steam a couple of weeks ago. I gave up on finding the USB adapter Stateside. Ordered it directly from Thailand. And as of Last night It's in Jamaica, New York. Still trying to find out if the adapter is compatible with radios and receivers from mid 80s to early 90s. I requested this info from the manufacturer and as of yet have not heard back. If nobody knows for sure, maybe they could answer this. Will an older radio and receiver from that era work with newer digital servos? Basically, the USB adapter is receiving the signals that would normally go to the servos, and sending them to the computer via USB correct?
Old 02-07-2020, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Greetings. New to VRC Pro. Installed from Steam a couple of weeks ago. I gave up on finding the USB adapter Stateside. Ordered it directly from Thailand. And as of Last night It's in Jamaica, New York. Still trying to find out if the adapter is compatible with radios and receivers from mid 80s to early 90s. I requested this info from the manufacturer and as of yet have not heard back. If nobody knows for sure, maybe they could answer this. Will an older radio and receiver from that era work with newer digital servos? Basically, the USB adapter is receiving the signals that would normally go to the servos, and sending them to the computer via USB correct?
I don't see why it wouldn't work - as long as you have a receiver compatible with the radio that you can plug in the adapter, it should work just fine. All the adapter is doing is converting the pwm signal from the radio to a number the windows joystick understands. You may have to play around with EPA and trim for both channels on the radio to get full range at the game. Make sure you go to options/controls in the game before you hit the virtual track
Old 02-07-2020, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone found a class, track and setup that gets the closest feeling to driving a 2wd buggy? I have been doing a lot of touring at the carpet tracks and sometimes short course, but those are very different...

it would be awesome if we could setup the short course for carpet tracks
Old 02-07-2020, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

There isn't anything that compares to 2wd buggy.
I run 1/8th scale buggy and that's it. But I have actually played anymore since the 1/8 nitro worlds.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
I don't see why it wouldn't work - as long as you have a receiver compatible with the radio that you can plug in the adapter, it should work just fine. All the adapter is doing is converting the pwm signal from the radio to a number the windows joystick understands. You may have to play around with EPA and trim for both channels on the radio to get full range at the game. Make sure you go to options/controls in the game before you hit the virtual track
Thank you for your response. I have done a little bit of research since I posted this and it sounds like all radios will work except early airtronics have the pins reversed in their servo connections. I now remember that back in the day we had to change the pin locations in the plugs when we used anyting non airtronics like speed controls. And to run airtronics servos with a KO receiver I had to also do that. Since I have both a mid 80s airtronics and an early 90s KO ready to go, I will just use the KO transmitter and receiver. This will allow me to keep my sanwa M12s just for track use. Thanks again
Old 02-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought an all-inclusive version after seeing it on-sale on Steam. Have enjoyed it so far but I would also like to see some 2wd cars.

What it would like better is having a ghost of my best lap appear on the track with me. This used to work on a PC racing game that I played way be when. A car representing my best lap would be waiting at the start/finish line. It made for some very close and consistent laps after lots of practice.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any setups for shortcourse and 1/8th buggy that work on the off road tracks? The adjustments I make im not sure they do what I think they do...
Old 02-11-2020, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

I received my USB adapter today directly from Thailand. Was $44 including shipping to the US. Took 20 days total to arrive. A little longer than I thought but not too bad. Considering it's the other side of the world. Things could be slower because of this Coronavirus too. This seems like the best deal to get a new one without having to buy a content package that you might not want If you order directly from VRC Pro. From what I can tell there was a long time you couldn't get these so I think I may buy a second one just to have it In case something happens to this one.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Just a follow-up I was able to get my older airtronics radio and receiver to work with the USB adapter. It requires reversing the red and black wire on the plugs. It's an old airtronics thing only. It's working great and I'm loving it but I hate reaching for the spacebar on the keyboard every time I flip which is a lot. Does anyone know with certainty if I get a 3 or 4 Channel radio can I map a button on the transmitter to function the same as the spacebar does now? Thanks
Old 02-16-2020, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Just a follow-up I was able to get my older airtronics radio and receiver to work with the USB adapter. It requires reversing the red and black wire on the plugs. It's an old airtronics thing only. It's working great and I'm loving it but I hate reaching for the spacebar on the keyboard every time I flip which is a lot. Does anyone know with certainty if I get a 3 or 4 Channel radio can I map a button on the transmitter to function the same as the spacebar does now? Thanks
No, I don't see options to map anything in the controls for anything like extra channels.
Ill take spacebar over getting off drivers stand, walking or waiting to turn the car over and going back to drivers stand.....
Old 02-16-2020, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You might be able to use something like Joy2Key:

https://joytokey.net/en/
Old 02-16-2020, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RonF
Ill take spacebar over getting off drivers stand, walking or waiting to turn the car over and going back to drivers stand.....
You make a good point here. The computer I'm using is one I use mostly for sim racing and now VRC Pro. As of now I balance a cordless keyboard on my lap and that's probably my bigger problem with the spacebar than the fact that I need to use the space bar in the first place. I need to permanently mount the keyboard into my rig. As far as walking down from the driver's stand to rescue a flipped or stranded car it's a bit frustrating but it's one of the things I like about going to the track. At 61 years old, like most people I can always use more exercise
Old 02-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

And Mahjik thanks for the Joy2Key link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.