Wiki Posts
Search

rc18t motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rc18t motor

does anybody know the best after-market moter for the rc18t? does any one have the fantom micro moter in a mini? please give me any info you know thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

depends how much you want to spend.
hands down the mamba is the best motor but it is also the most exspensive. for less expensive motors i have seen the orion baja preform exelenly but i have also heard that thr reedy mini max is the same motor but uses ball bearings instead of bushings. so personally i would get the mini max.

i havn't heard good or bad about the fantom mini mod, but on the page i am looking at it is the most expensive brushed mirco motor. but that doesn't mean it is the best there is.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

im running a monster termination (i think). its either the mass, or the monster, whichever is faster. and so far, i LOVE it.

OTOH, for 140 bucks you cant beat the mamba for ease of use. on our track at Xtreme RC, the track is so tight and technical that the mamba doesnt really afford an advantage, and the mod brushed guys win (we run them together). but for ease of use and maint., definitely the mamba.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

the stock motors are all the same. i had no choice but to put a losi box stock motor in mine and goes the same speed. i had a k3 (300 sized) motor and i had to turn my throttle down to 20 it was so fast.