Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4.1 wolds car.. poor mans set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjk1210
right. Speed Passion designed it for hobbywing to make it. But they weren't supposed to release it on their own. That's why Speed Passion Reventon series is designed and made by Speed Passion. From what I understand Orion did basically the same thing with Hobbywing. but it's the newest version and time will tell if hobbywing screws Orion over too.
I think the bottom line is who cares where its made, as long as you have a US company to use for support and warranties, and it works good
Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonG
I think the bottom line is who cares where its made, as long as you have a US company to use for support and warranties, and it works good
Bottom line is to see as much money stay in the US as possible. I know we all want to save money but I'd happily pay more for a product that was 100% US made. Sucks to see how much of this industry is produced over seas now.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonG
+1,000,000
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by elex300
Thats is what I was saying. None of the components are made here. They get the boards and slap a case on them if that. Im pretty sure none of them have guys or machines soldering components on pc boards adding wires or soldering posts then assembling and packaging.
He is right, the components all come from overseas, but our green boards are made here, loaded, assembled, cased, stickered and packaged in the US. Thus the "Made in USA with foreign and domestic components." I can only speak on behalf of our ESCs on this matter though. All our software is written here too, we keep as much as possible in the US. We even have local companies to Idaho printing manuals, some stickers and labels.

Everyone is using foreign components because no one makes them here. We don't bring in ESCs from overseas and slap stickers on them.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

1) motor - so I found someone willing to sell a reedy sonic 7.5 for $45

2) ESC - You guys all convinced me to get the brushless hobbies 120 Amp ESC check .... is this fully compatible with the Reedy Sonic 7.5?

4) servo - Solar Servo http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html

3) battery - cant find the reedy wolfpack or shorty lipo used ... also since i might get a 7.5 should I get like a 35C instead of 25c?

4) Flysky Tx and Rx -$40

So all together ... $200 ... thank you everyone for your input

But again if you strongly believe one of the things Im getting is wrong/incompatible/or cheaply upgraded please let me know soon cuz I'll be buying these tomorrow night
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Looks good to me. Check out Throttle Works for a lipo. They sell shortys for a great price. Have fun.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

7.5 is a lot of motor, but other than that, it all looks good.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Shop around for a softer motor. 7.5 is far too much for anyone who is "less than pro". You'll have a better time with a 13.5.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davidka
They use them because they are good but more importantly, they are paid to.

Get a Novak Havoc with a 10.5 motor and a GensAce 40c battery. All the power you will ever need, for just about any off road race. For a servo, the Spektrum 6010 is really good for the money. It's faster than the stats would lead you to believe.

If you had the exact same stuff as the Pros you would not go any faster than with the gear above with the skills you (all of us) have. Keep it simple and concentrate on having the best tires and keep your car in the best possible condition.
Yeah I'm a stock driver and I just got a used truck and setup for a great deal and it has a novak sc pro 17.5 combo and geared right it scoots and seems to b reliable and easy to programm and such and I'm happy with it and the combo together runs 170 in the store new and that is a good buy for good quality motor and speedo man. A savox servo seem to wrk well aslo just may need a glitch buster depending in the reciever u are using such as the spektrum dc3c. My futabe dnt have that glich prob when I ran a savox servo. That is a good quality setup that is not near as bad on the pocket as the pro ran stuff lol, good luck man and hope u get what u need in thr price range in mind man
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amali2
1) motor - so I found someone willing to sell a reedy sonic 7.5 for $45

2) ESC - You guys all convinced me to get the brushless hobbies 120 Amp ESC check .... is this fully compatible with the Reedy Sonic 7.5?

4) servo - Solar Servo http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html

3) battery - cant find the reedy wolfpack or shorty lipo used ... also since i might get a 7.5 should I get like a 35C instead of 25c?

4) Flysky Tx and Rx -$40

So all together ... $200 ... thank you everyone for your input

But again if you strongly believe one of the things Im getting is wrong/incompatible/or cheaply upgraded please let me know soon cuz I'll be buying these tomorrow night
I'm running an 8.5t with the 25c Reedy batteries without issue. They havent gone much over ambient yet (~105). Like the others have stated, a 7.5t is a lot of motor. I ran the stock class about a month ago and my lap times were within .3-.4 seconds (17.5t vs 7.5t at the time). A better driver could certainly stretch that margin but the hot motors tend to get less skilled drivers in a lot more trouble.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

what if i got the 7.5 then dialed it down with a low dual rate?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
Shop around for a softer motor. 7.5 is far too much for anyone who is "less than pro". You'll have a better time with a 13.5.
I think you will be happier with 13.5 as well. Your lap times will most likely be faster, and most race classes require that. Also buy a hobby king battery not a used one. Who knows how much life is left in a used battery.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by amali2
what if i got the 7.5 then dialed it down with a low dual rate?
Dialing it down doesn't really give you the same performance. I know hobbypartz has some 13.5t motors for cheap, I think hobby king does as well.

Most of the guys selling higher turn motors are selling them because they went to 13.5t
Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Personally, I don't have experience w/ Flysky radios but I've seen many racers who started out with it ended up with Airtronics/Futaba/ or KO. Feel/speed of the radio is everything, so if you're ok with how it feels then go for it.

Just from experience, I think you're better off with a decent radio from the start which will save you $$ in the long run.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
Personally, I don't have experience w/ Flysky radios but I've seen many racers who started out with it ended up with Airtronics/Futaba/ or KO. Feel/speed of the radio is everything, so if you're ok with how it feels then go for it.

Just from experience, I think you're better off with a decent radio from the start which will save you $$ in the long run.
+1 it is a lot better and easier on u in the long run to just start off with high quality equipment from the gate than having to keep buying an item that u shouldnt have to replace for years to come unless u want to not cause u need to or have to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.