Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
help identifying losi parts >

help identifying losi parts

help identifying losi parts

Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default help identifying losi parts

Hey, I picked up a small parts lot which included JRX2 parts I needed, but it also came with a bunch of newer losi buggy parts that I'm not familiar with. I'm wondering if those of you familiar with the XX or XXX could tell me what vehicle these are for.
help identifying losi parts-img_1918.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

The wheels could be from either xx or xxx, the top pieces look like there from a tc3 or tc4 sedan.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shaggy1
The wheels could be from either xx or xxx, the top pieces look like there from a tc3 or tc4 sedan.
yup the top pieces are tc4 and those wheels depending on if the front is a wider 4wd buggy tire or a 2wd buggy tire id say there either for a xxx-cr or a xx4/xxx4
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcduder
yup the top pieces are tc4 and those wheels depending on if the front is a wider 4wd buggy tire or a 2wd buggy tire id say there either for a xxx-cr or a xx4/xxx4
ok. The wheels are a set, medium width fronts with a hex drive, and wide rears with crosspin drive. I have all 4, I just didn't take a picture. They're the same size tires as my zx-5s, so I'm assuming they're from a 4wd buggy.
Not knowing the history of Losi buggies, is the XX just the older model to the XXX, and the 4/cr afterwards designates 4wd vs 2wd?
It's weird that those random TC4 parts are in there, the only other car parts with the losi stuff are serpent impulse parts. Thanks guys.

Last edited by marvinbeaverdip; 05-25-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
ok. The wheels are a set, medium width fronts with a hex drive, and wide rears with crosspin drive. I have all 4, I just didn't take a picture. They're the same size tires as my zx-5s, so I'm assuming their from a 4wd buggy.
Not knowing the history of Losi buggies, is the XX just the older model to the XXX, and the 4/cr afterwards designates 4wd vs 2wd?
It's weird that those random TC4 parts are in there, the only other car parts with the losi stuff are serpent impulse parts. Thanks guys.
yup anytime and yes the xx is the older series before the xxx series and the xxx-4 is the 4wd and the xxx-cr is the 2wd. it is quite weird to get some random tc4 parts
Old 05-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

fyi the 2wd xx and xxx front wheel had a small hole that fit over a stub axle sticking out of the hub and it was narrower. The 4wds had the hex. Same rears.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

The 2wd XX and XXX front rims have a 12 point feature, like a socket wrench, to fit the axle hex.

The 2wd XX and XXX rear rims have different offsets. If I remember right XXX rims on a XX ends up having a narrower track.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

asc6000 and Dave H have it nailed.

The rims on the right (the hex) aren't XXX or XX, the hole is too big and it's not a standard hex. The rims on the left (the pin) LOOK like XXX rears, they COULD be XX but not sure.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scottgir
asc6000 and Dave H have it nailed.

The rims on the right (the hex) aren't XXX or XX, the hole is too big and it's not a standard hex. The rims on the left (the pin) LOOK like XXX rears, they COULD be XX but not sure.
Hhmmm... the plot thickens. This picture shows the whole set of BarCodes, same that were in the last picture but now showing the width. The narrower ones are the ones with the hex. If not for an XXX-4, then what could they be for? They're Losi wheels (they say losi on them). Did Losi make wheels for other brands? The majority of other parts in the lot are for XXX
help identifying losi parts-img_1920.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

When I say XXX or XX, I'm referring to the 2wd buggies. They very well could be for the XXX4
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Your wheels/tires are for a xxx-bk/cr. The fronts(skinnier ones)are barcode/taper pin type of tire. Good for high traction tracks. The rear look like barcodes. They are for the 2wd buggy. The one that has one laying down and other next to it is a taper pin. Hope that helps.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I posted from memory earlier but wasn't sure since I haven't wrenched on either for years so..... Some of the leftovers from the good old days.

in this pic the left row is 4wd fronts, middle is 2wd front, right side row is rears for either. Top row is XX middle row is XXX and the bottom row I don't remember but they are not losi, notice how similar they are to the ops pic but the ribs are thinner and placed at the hub a bit different.

After looking at the ops pic carefully they are Losi xxx fronts and 2or4wd rears.
Here is shitty pic of mine. and a pic of the outsides

And I haven't thought of posting this here but as long as we have any help identifying the unknown ones would be nice. Heres a pic of the outsides.
The unknown ones were bought at MnM around 91? and mounted on this car for my first ever run on a clay indoor track. mounted and walked right over to the belt sander and buzzed the tread off, crazy weekend was awesome.

put it right back on the shelf, anybody need a box of xxx tires?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

your unknown ones are Proline for the XX series.

i miss MnM