Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LOSI SCTE STEERING ISSUE...HELP! >

LOSI SCTE STEERING ISSUE...HELP!

LOSI SCTE STEERING ISSUE...HELP!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default LOSI SCTE STEERING ISSUE...HELP!

I have been having an issue with my steering, it wont turn tight enough to the right, it pushes out, I have to tap the brake or almost fully stop to turn in tight corners(right only)
if you will ask for EPA, it set up correctly, I am running 5-5-3, it is weird because the only problem is when turning to the right!! I am getting frustrated I have done everything I can and still does it.

I tried running in the parking lot and first thing I did was running it circle to the left and its consistent circle and I could feel has no issue when making a left turn, then I tried running circle to the right, the first loop is fine and it pushes out and fall off the loop after I hit the trhottle more I have noticed the left front tire is slightly straight!!only if I hit the throttle, I dont know if someone know what causes this please let me know.

Thanks,
Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Mine does exact same thing check to make sure ur servo linkage isnt hitting ur steering linkage ( ackerman plate)
Mine turns 20% better to left bacause of this
Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

i checked everything for possible thing that can bind with something, but i did not see anything, my servo and steering link moves freely...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Have you checked your servo saver?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by USP45 View Post
Have you checked your servo saver?
how is it supposed to be? i have it all the way down about 2mm away from the chassis, ok I have about 2 thread left from the bottom? is that how it supposed to be or thats too loose?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is this something that just started happening, or has it always done it? If it just started I would tighten the servo saver and see if it helps. Also, make sure one of the bottom screws that hold the steering posts to the chassis are still tight.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Is this something that just started happening, or has it always done it? If it just started I would tighten the servo saver and see if it helps. Also, make sure one of the bottom screws that hold the steering posts to the chassis are still tight.
nope its never been like this before, you know there is one thing i remember though I did loosen up the servo saver all the way down! but i cant recall if that was the effect because I did change all my turnbuckles to titanium. I will give that a try, but servo saver has to be about at least 2-3 threads up right? cause it wont really help if its too tight? I dont really mess with the servo saver but I guess its time for me to experiment here.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

You need to lock your servo saver ALL THE WAY DOWN and then back off about 1/4 turn. Next time post in the losi scte thread...
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
You need to lock your servo saver ALL THE WAY DOWN and then back off about 1/4 turn. Next time post in the losi scte thread...
that is at least 1 thread left up? isnt that would be too loose?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by only8ight View Post
that is at least 1 thread left up? isnt that would be too loose?
No the other way around, lock it all the way to where you cant turn it anymore. Back it off 1/4 turn from that point and use red lock tight on the thread so it wont come loose again. You can thank me later..
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
No the other way around, lock it all the way to where you cant turn it anymore. Back it off 1/4 turn from that point and use red lock tight on the thread so it wont come loose again. You can thank me later..
I knew that was the issue, i think you are exactly right!! cause when I had it all the up when i cant turn it anymore , it was fine, when I put it all the down, thats when started acting up, sorry i had this for a month still learning all the set up on SC, I had losi 8ight and the servo saver set up on that is all the way down against the chassis and back off 1/4 turn up!! well.. i can thank you now!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how do you adjust the servo saver without taking things apart? its such a tight space there. thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by embryoguy View Post
how do you adjust the servo saver without taking things apart? its such a tight space there. thanks in advance.
You can't, otherwise you will flatten the threads outside trying to. Just take it apart by undoing the top and lower screw and servo arm.
While you are at it replace the tube with the hard ano one so it don't strip as easy where the servo saver nut go on.

Double check the 2 bigger 3-32 screws holding down the anchorman arm down as the screws back out and hit the steering arms.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thank you very much! very helpful, thorough explanation!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

a little information on servo savor .. tighten it as hard as you can by hand having put some blue locktite on it . threads.. on my unit I don't count threads. if your running a heavy duty servo savox, or what ever brand, titanium. you shouldn't have to worry about it adjusted loose.. clean the bearings make sure the bottom screws are tight. bearings are clean. you should be able to (with servo arm off) tilt the car and it should flop back and forth loose..( Loose is good) if you ever landed wrong and possibly bent one of the arms.. if you look real close in to the side where the battery box receiver is you have a mm or two of clearance for the rod end that swipes by it on right turns. it almost hit the diff case. check to see if you have a hitting problem if you do grind the end a mm or two.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.