Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hotbodies D8Te Truggy Thread >

Hotbodies D8Te Truggy Thread

Hotbodies D8Te Truggy Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes two gens ace 5000's fit sidexside, but not as nice as others. To clear the moving parts the outer battery faces the wires out at the back, the inner one faces them out at the front. The tray is long enough to allow the packs to sit slightly offset so the inner one's wires clear the outer pack.

I put a Spectrum glitch buster cap in the receiver today and picked up 50 feet of range but still can't completely lose the glitch. Seems like it works as long as I'm giving it constant inputs, but if I let either the steering or throttle sit idle for more than a second it takes off on its own. Fortunately it alwas responds to the brake. Going to have to run giant S's down the straightaway
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

hi Guys,

can the Tekno Rx box be replaced by another longer without modification? I have an Assan Rx and it seems to bee too long to fit inside.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not sure of other rx boxes as the Tekno one is stepped to clear the steering servo horn. It is pretty small. If you're not running in wet conditions you could just skip the box and mount the receiver to the chassis or trim out one end of the box and skip the cover -that way you can keep the antenna mount
Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your advice, I don't have any receiver box on my buggies and it works fine so far. My receiver has a very short antenna, so I 'm not worried about the presence of the antenna mount. Maybe I'll drill the box to fit the receiver into it, not sure yet.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

You get all sorted with your D8T-E RC Dad?

I located a a 44T Steel spur for it and the D8, Hot Bodies Lightning 44T should pull it up at PhilsHobbyShop . Amain has the 46T version.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got done putting together my D8T-e.. Thanks to Sarinexia for the motor mount!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

And here it is compared to my short chassis D8T-e(vorza chassis).

Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Hey hey, looks good chainsaw . I am about to start my build this week with my Tekno conversion kit. (I'm straight with the Tekno motor mount so figured I'd let the elite go - haha!). Glad it worked out for you. Is that the stock chassis you have that on or a RC monster conversion?

Oh, and I see you have the flux 2250. U see what I was talking about with the need to raise up the center diff? That heat sink around the whole motor... I'm not so hot on that. Great motor, but it makes for clearance issues.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

This is the stock chassis....I like that its 7075 and 4mm thick. I'm just bashing for now so this will suit me fine. But, I may go the Tekno version in the future though, if I find the center shafts and drive cups are wearing excessively. I really love how the Tekno chassis straightens out the center shafts. the Elite mount may wind up in my Vorza Truggy Bug.

The diff risers were a great Idea but I didn't wind up using them. Instead I just shaved off some of the heat sink fins from the bottom of the motor can. Took about one minute on the bench grinder.

LOVE this elite mount! Took me less than 1 minute to pop the motor out, snap a pic of how I shaved the heat sink, and reinstall the motor with perfect gear mesh..

Last edited by chainsaw10; 08-07-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chainsaw10 View Post
This is the stock chassis....I like that its 7075 and 4mm thick. I'm just bashing for now so this will suit me fine. But, I may go the Tekno version in the future though, if I find the center shafts and drive cups are wearing excessively. I really love how the Tekno chassis straightens out the center shafts. the Elite mount may wind up in my Vorza Truggy Bug.

The diff risers were a great Idea but I didn't wind up using them. Instead I just shaved off some of the heat sink fins from the bottom of the motor can. Took about one minute on the bench grinder.

LOVE this elite mount! Took me less than 1 minute to pop the motor out, snap a pic of how I shaved the heat sink, and reinstall the motor with perfect gear mesh..

Nice job on that. I was initially going to do that on my motor, but didn't have the propper tools to pull it off, so i just raised it off the chassis. Nice job tho!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Suspended

My D8Te is just begging for me to get started ---

Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Heres a few vids,.. just getting the feel for my newly built D8T-e...love it so far!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And heres a quickie of me being stupid with my short chassis D8T-e with monster tires on 6S

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Suspended

That's some funny shit on 6s. Haha!!! Did I see a fuckin double backflip??? OMG ----

That's lookin my man! I'm working on mine now. Been a looooong time comin. I'll make sure to get up pics and video soon. I plan on Racing it 1st time September 9th.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys

Do they have converstion of the hotboddies lightning truggy?
Thanx
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmdc View Post
Hi guys

Do they have converstion of the hotboddies lightning truggy?
Thanx
To be honest with ya, I don't see any "kit" out there on this conversion. I'd possibly see if there is a Lightning forum in here, OR, search Google for other people's experiences on the conversion. That's really the best I got for ya...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.