Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

MIP Bypass1

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone running Bypass1 pistons and want to share there setup?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running them upside down on my SC10 4x4 with no problems. Just make sure your diaphragms are centered on the piston which is also upside down and then snug your screw and washer down using a dab of thread lock. You don't have to over tighten the screw just make sure it is snug the thread lock will insure it doesn't loosen up. The shock cylinder will somewhat keep your stack centered even if it does loosen up a bit.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)

I am running mine on 2wd sc10 with the flaps/valves on the shock cap side to get pack on landing and get the tire back on the ground asap. anyone have any good 2wd sc10 setups
Old 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anybody running them on a scr kyosho??
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Mip scte shocks

I have just got the mip scte and am have problems with the shocks .
We run on a high bite track and I am having problems with it nose diving, I have the shocks built on rebound with a blue and clear valve I think it is 0.10
When I build the shocks how much rebound do u set( how much shaft showing )
Thanks for any help
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briancruzz
I have just got the mip scte and am have problems with the shocks .
We run on a high bite track and I am having problems with it nose diving, I have the shocks built on rebound with a blue and clear valve I think it is 0.10
When I build the shocks how much rebound do u set( how much shaft showing )
Thanks for any help
almost always zero, try thicker oil in front , you need to get the nose up off the jump.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good to see that there is a thread dedicated for these by themselves I've been posting on the SC 10 4 x 4 thread for a while I've been using them as they originally designed to bypass on compression and if you run pick enough weight oil the thing runs very very consistent The only catches is the you have to run fairly heavy springs
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a set for my B4.1 WE, but have yet to install them as I haven't had a chance to hit the track for practice to work on a setup with them yet. I have been trying to think about which way would be more beneficial if either over the stock pistons.

Here's my thoughts...

Seems like if the shocks are set up in rebound bypass, when cornering you would have a lot of weight unloading quickly from the inside suspension and transferring to the outside as the rebound would be softer. The outside, in turn would be more firm and resist chassis roll. The combination makes me think that's where you would end up with the vehicle rolling over easily in the corners from the quick weight transfer, and happening too quick to save. This is without the use of sway bars.

In compression bypass, the inside would unload slower and the outside would unload quicker. Not sure if this would increase traction or also cause a roll situation. (again, without sway bars)

I can see how the compression bypass would keep the vehicle smooth over the whoops and smaller bumps but wouldn't do well on the large jumps. The full scale stuff doesn't jump near as high as we do with our scale vehicles so I can see how compression bypass works well for them.

I can also see how rebound dampening could help, as the tires can drop quicker when the terrain drops out from under the wheels, but I can also then see how it would buck and kick from the compression being stiffer. The firmer compression would help on the large jumps though.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

are any of theses shocks /piston for 1/8 scale. I run Rc8.2
Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have emailed mip and asked them the same questions i am going to ask you they are pretty slow on respose but they are a company and busy any how
hello all i am new to the thread and have not read every page however i am wondering if anyone has any specific knowledge on the mip bypass shock pistons i would like to try some but i am slightly confused at how to tune with their specific pistons can someone please explain their chart, and what the numbers at the bottom mean in comparison with like a regular 2 holed piston? i understand the larger the number the firmer but that doesnt help me if i dont know where to start, and i dont have lots of oil/money to go out and test a bottle a run
Old 12-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

if you are not using these then you are not getting even half the potential out of your shocks. the current technology is very outdated. the reason all full scale offroad vehicles use these is because it is the BEST SOLUTION. there is not any other single upgrade you can do to improve performance as much as these will. and for $30?? I cant wait until the hobby and manufacturers catch up to this tech
Old 01-29-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Has everyone changed to the #7 piston for the SCTE?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Under the piston softens compression. Above piston would soften rebound.
Dependent on piston speed. In compressoin piston speed varies a great deal, in rebound that's largely determined by spring stiffness.

Originally Posted by knapsty637
if you are not using these then you are not getting even half the potential out of your shocks. the current technology is very outdated. the reason all full scale offroad vehicles use these is because it is the BEST SOLUTION. there is not any other single upgrade you can do to improve performance as much as these will. and for $30?? I cant wait until the hobby and manufacturers catch up to this tech
Except these aren't full scale off road cars and this thread is full of posts asking how to get them to work. It's a great idea in theory but not really all that new. It requires more engineering input to work out a setup that really works for our little car's purposes.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

I switched to the #7 pistons and BAM, they work!!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default B4.2 bypass setup help

I was thinking of getting the bypass setup for my b4.2 and was wondering if anybody else is using them and what are they using for a setup what piston and valves and oil I am running indoors on clay any help would be great thanks

Thanks Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.