Project xx-24

Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Not bad at all man...if I may though

You should re-solder the bullets for the battery at a 90 degree angle so they sit more lo-profile. If makes for a cleaner looking install
Tried that but I couldn't shrink right down to the battery and didn't like the exposed leads. Thoughts ran through my head of arcing it out with a screw driver. So I changed it. If you have any good pics to share for ideas on how to do it, I'm always open to ideas.

But it will prolly stay that way until I get all the other bugs sorted out and the handling a bit better, but I can't believe how good it is already.

Last edited by NitrousBIG; 09-05-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where are you located because i really want to see this thing!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by elecRC23 View Post
where are you located because i really want to see this thing!
British Columbia, Canada, Just wait its not totally done yet, there will be more pics as I develop the platform. If you think this thing is cool check out my other project I'm building! But even the Theory is nothing compared to the next 1/8th buggy I'm designing. It is like nothing anyone has seen before, and it makes so much sense I can't believe no one thought of it first!

Other project build thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ory-build.html

Last edited by NitrousBIG; 09-06-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The xx-4 is an amazing car to say the least. I applaud the creativity in this build. Have you driven it much yet?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eli View Post
The xx-4 is an amazing car to say the least. I applaud the creativity in this build. Have you driven it much yet?
Took it out for the first time last weekend for a test/shake down. Drove my box stock set up 22 first on the super blown out 1/8th track, it was all over the place. Tried the XX-44 next and there was a world of difference! It is the best 4wd I have ever driven. It could corner inside anything else there and soaked up the bumps like they weren't there. All of the suspension geometry and weight placement changes really worked.

Unfortunately I caught the back lip of one of the table tops causing the car to tumble breaking the front shock tower, ending the testing early. I have a couple of things left to do on the car and I think that it will only get better.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Very nice work also I may have missed it how is the battery being held down?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Wow! Awesome job! Once you graduate you should apply to the Rc companies here in SoCal cuz you've got skills!

Not a bad idea EH?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cs3087 View Post
Very nice work also I may have missed it how is the battery being held down?
Ill post some pics at some point but the battery hold down kind happened by accident. I was explaining to a friend where the servo was from the factory and grabbed the factory servo mount to show him and realized that it was perfect. Because the battery fits so tight the factory servo mount doesn't allow the battery to shift or move.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FACTORYBUTNOT View Post
Wow! Awesome job! Once you graduate you should apply to the Rc companies here in SoCal cuz you've got skills!

Not a bad idea EH?
I actually just got a job at a local high school teaching Automotive and worked my first day today. So..........Its not really gonna happen any time soon.

But, I think that my other project, http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ory-build.html, might be worthy of possibly pursuing something, but only in the summer when I'm not teaching. But the other car I'm designing now will blow peoples minds, like I said before in this thread its like nothing anyone has seen before.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Very nice
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Love this car..might try to build one my self. Maybe you could help Losi build there new electric 4wd if we ever see one.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lv4sndz View Post
Love this car..might try to build one my self. Maybe you could help Losi build there new electric 4wd if we ever see one.
I actually have a idea for a 4wd car. Like nothing anyone has seen before. And its soooo simple!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NitrousBIG View Post
I actually have a idea for a 4wd car. Like nothing anyone has seen before. And its soooo simple!
A 4wd electric car???? If so cant wait to see it. I looked at your gas project and it looks insane.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Super cool projects. I like frankensteining cars but you play on another level, and by far.

Sometimes I get bored of all the lame people and topics on rctech and then I stumble upon threads like yours, with people who have actual skills, are original and motivated, I love that. I spent a nice hour browsing your pictures. After that going back to the usual sea of " which car is best " threads was even harder.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Damn mate, that was impressive.

Can somebody at Losi give this guy a Job already?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.