Community
Wiki Posts
Search

osrockets piston/sleeve renewing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default osrockets piston/sleeve renewing

i have had several request to start posting this process to make it available to all you racers, we have been doing it for over 18 months now with great success and it lasts longer than new ones, i have been receiving them from brazil,south america,canada,germany etc and all over the U.S., it only takes a day or two to turn around and as long as your piston/sleeve is not marred up and/or pitted it is very impressive you can read over 725 replies since jan,2002
alone on this link below and the charge is only 20.00 plus 5.00 for shipping/handling, you pull your piston/sleeve out and you can leave the rod attached and mail it to me and i will send it back. here is the link::::
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...Aoffroad4%3A41
you may have to copy and paste it to your int. explorer browser
thanks johnb

Last edited by osrocket; 05-07-2002 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have heard many good things about this new renewing process! Have you ever had a mess up doing this? Will this work with newer engines or just older ones?
Old 05-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

i have been doing alot of the newer stuff that guys have been wanting to improve the performance, these are engines that are still in good running condition, i did my one sons engine in september and he ran it at the gas champs race in january and there were near 300 entries , he made the A main buggy, and had second place locked up and had shock trouble. it really improves the low end punch and also the top end. i have never had any problems with any of the piston/sleeves, if this sounds like you may want to try it> send me a email and se will get the info that you will need
jb
Old 05-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hey osrocket what is involved in "renewing" the piston and sleeve? I have a tired kyosho motor that I'm thinking about replacing but I don't really have the cash. So what do you really do to it?
Old 05-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

It only takes a day or two for me to turnaround, email me for more info

Ship the piston/sleeves and you can leave the rod attached if you want to, :
John bohland
285 fox road
Lexington,ohio 44904

Thanks johnb
Old 05-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a .12 cvr and it is not shot yet but the compression has gone away the piston does not go all the way to the top of the sleeve yet but it is close. can you repair this or do I need to wait untill it gets worse......
Old 05-28-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Initiate

this is john, if the compression is weak it will cause you to lean it out and then run hotter and wear it faster>
give me a email at [email protected] and i will tell you some of the other things i have seen on those> jb
Old 07-12-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default piston sleeve renewing / more power

take the time to check out the other grids on this it really does improve your performance and even when your piston comes all the way through the top, it will be perfect and i know it is hard to believe what i say but research it and find someone that i have done them for, that is all it will take, and usually 50% of the inquiries that i get are from guys that i have done< jb