R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   1/8 e buggies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/628375-1-8-e-buggies.html)

FLATLINE XTR 05-14-2012 06:35 AM

1/8 e buggies

Can someone put down a list of 1/8 4x4 e buggies. I'm looking to get into it and have no clue where to start. And what are some of the pros and cons of each. Thanks.

Mxer59 05-14-2012 07:02 AM

There another list somewhere :lol:
I've drove these and here's what I thought:
Hot Bodies Ve8:
Pros: I liked the handling, Very good car, never had a break with it, it's $300 for the kit new.
Cons: Plastic chassis, Motor & Batt are close may need to cut shaft

Team Associated Rc8be:
Pros: Well built car, lots of option parts
Cons: I kept breaking tie rods, very twitchy, The Esc wire has a Long way to go.

Mugen
Pros: Good buggy, very well built, smooth
Cons: I only ever had one issue motor mount backed off

blade329 05-14-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by FLATLINE XTR (Post 10730628)
Can someone put down a list of 1/8 4x4 e buggies. I'm looking to get into it and have no clue where to start. And what are some of the pros and cons of each. Thanks.

Here you go, bud. I've done a pretty thorough rating of multiple 8th scale buggies here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QVld3V2c#gid=0

hakmazter 05-14-2012 10:38 AM

You didn't review the Caster. How does your review process work?

blade329 05-14-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by hakmazter (Post 10731547)
You didn't review the Caster. How does your review process work?

:lol: It takes me while. It's just not possible for me to get every buggy out there. Some, like the Hyper 9e, are just not on my list at all (I have consistently beaten Hyper 9e's at racing and practicing). I'm always on the lookout for a better buggy.

Process? I buy a new or used e-buggy. I run several practice days and a race or two with them. Then I add them to the spreadsheet. Some I run for a few weeks, some a few months. It depends. I run them all at the same track. It's big outdoor loamy track with big jumps. I try to use the same tires as well. Not a comprehensive testing process by any means, but it gives people a decent starting point to make their own conclusions. I'm just another racer, but I like trying a lot of different things. :nod: I'll keep Caster in mind though.

FSULowLap 05-14-2012 11:21 AM

team c 8th scale buggy is solid

mkiiina 05-14-2012 11:37 AM

Nothing about the losi 8ight-e? Mine has been pretty bulletproof, even if my bodies haven't held up that well (poor rookie driving :) )

I've found mine to handle pretty neutrally and fairly durable (can't remember if I have broken anything yet).

mkiiina 05-14-2012 11:38 AM

double post

Zerodefect 05-14-2012 12:10 PM

The Xray 808E is obsolete. Unless your ok with adding the Xb9 shocks, arms, towers, and rear carriers on it ($300 easy)......then it's perfect.

Check out Mugen and Kyosho.

blade329 05-14-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 10731848)
The Xray 808E is obsolete. Unless your ok with adding the Xb9 shocks, arms, towers, and rear carriers on it ($300 easy)......then it's perfect.

Check out Mugen and Kyosho.

That's, good to know. I'll cross it off my list then. I drove a friend's XB9 and it was really good.

Zerodefect 05-14-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by blade329 (Post 10731870)
That's, good to know. I'll cross it off my list then. I drove a friend's XB9 and it was really good.

I allready have a 808E, so I'm likely going to replace the shocks and rear tower 1st. I may or may not need the rest of the Xb9's suspension improvments.

I'd wait to see if a Xb9E comes out soon. All they have to do is reprogram the CNC to spit out E chassis, and make a few molded parts. Most should carry over from the 808E and Xb9.

I'd imagine it'll take longer to put the manual together for a Xb9E than it does the car design.

LOSIRACER77 05-14-2012 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by FLATLINE XTR (Post 10730628)

I HAVE ONE OR TWO WORDS LOSI 8 2.0 E OR RC8.2E TEKIN RX8 WITH A 1700KV OR 1900KV.

FLATLINE XTR 05-14-2012 07:14 PM

What about the vorza flux? How does that stack up?
What do you guys think would be a good starting buggy? One that there is plenty of room to upgrade.

kman16jr 05-14-2012 07:24 PM

I currently run a caster ex1.5r and it has been the best buggy i have owned and driven so far.I have owned the 8ight-e,hyper 9e,rc8be,rc8e,ve8.I have driven a mugen eco,but not the durango or the serpent so i cant comment on those.My 8ight-e felt very lazy when going in and out of the technical sections but flew and hooked great,my hyper 9e was very weak,flew nose up and over all was harder to set-up,My rc8's were very durable but felt very twitchy overall and was harder to find a good setup as well,and my ve8 had a very bad push in some corners but flew awesome and required barely any maitenance.Now for the eco it drove the best out of the cars i have previously owned but it is still pretty much a conversion so i wanted to try the caster so i tryed it and now it is the only car i wanna drive,handles great like the mugen but feels more stable for me and flies awesome,The car is very easy to work on and very easy to drive.The caster is my favorite car to drive,Most people here though run the mugen eco,losi 8ight-e's,and the serpents pretty much,1 mp9e,and 1 durango,and some z-cars.I say gets what more available to you and get what most people run as it is easier for setup help and overall parts support,If parts support isnt an issue than try any car you like,They are all capable of winning at any level.

I Wheelie A LOT 05-14-2012 07:31 PM

Has everyone forgotten about Kyosho? The Inferno is a pretty good beginner buggy while the MP9 is more of a competition style buggy.