Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Best awd electric off road truck?  New comer here. >

Best awd electric off road truck? New comer here.

Best awd electric off road truck? New comer here.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Best awd electric off road truck? New comer here.

Hey guys i'm looking to get into the action. Looking into a lipo RTR with brushless.

What do you recommend. Whats the best RTR kit outthere or maybe what truck to get used. Willing to pay around $350.

I also have a rc10gt2 thats never been used with a os.18tz engine that hasn't been run either. It has no break in no nothing. Looking to part out of that and to get into the electrics deal.

All that gasoline, spark crap really made it think twice and got put out on the side.

What is the car/engine worth? Also got S9405 futaba servo, should I keep that? Also got a futaba 3pk radio that I used to run the boats with. How much would that sell for?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Rookie

If I was you id keep the 3pk and sell the gt on here or ebay you might get $150 for it if your lucky. Then look in the for sale section id get the ofna 10sc best value and quality. The sc 4wd trucks by losi and jammin are equally as good. try to buy used if you want a good deal. Do searches on ebay too. Go to hobbyking for lipo and electronics you wont find a better deal. Id go with castle or tekin if you want the best brushless system.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you planning to race, or just play in the backyard? If just playing get a Traxxas 4x4 Slash and go abuse the crap out of it. If your heading to the track, the Losi scte seems to be the hot ticket right now.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ATS_Scott View Post
Are you planning to race, or just play in the backyard? If just playing get a Traxxas 4x4 Slash and go abuse the crap out of it. If your heading to the track, the Losi scte seems to be the hot ticket right now.
scte? God lol looks like there isn't a clear winner.