Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what chassis best (racing)for scte? >

what chassis best (racing)for scte?

what chassis best (racing)for scte?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default what chassis best (racing)for scte?

The scte is fat!!! Needs to go on diet and have lower cg so whats the scoop on the chassis out there
Seen a cf chassis with tuning top dech that would seem to drop some lbs
Old 04-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

a lighter chassis will raise the center of gravity. you're taking weight away from the lowest part of the truck.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

well i see ur point but this cf chassis actualy allows the battery,motor,sec, center diff to drop down also so its bringing cg back down
Old 04-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All of the information you're looking for is posted many times over in the SCTE thread. To quote Fast Times At Ridgemont High:
LEARN IT, KNOW IT, LIVE IT!!!

Just messing around, but you're not a newb, you should know to check the appropriate thread, or at least pose the question in the correct thread rather than starting a new one.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

well for the past 2hrs ive done 5 searches for graphite /carbonfiber chassis for scte in english and i see people talk about them just being released 8/10/11ish... but after 400posts with one of these key words in them ... im still as clueless about it as i was before i pushed the search button.
Which chassis is best for racing
Cf plate 203g
Cf /alum with top deck 225g
Aluminum tlr or such 230+
Money isnt a object ...theirs only $40 between cheapest and snr cf
Old 04-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
well for the past 2hrs ive done 5 searches for graphite /carbonfiber chassis for scte in english and i see people talk about them just being released 8/10/11ish... but after 400posts with one of these key words in them ... im still as clueless about it as i was before i pushed the search button.
Which chassis is best for racing
Cf plate 203g
Cf /alum with top deck 225g
Aluminum tlr or such 230+
Money isnt a object ...theirs only $40 between cheapest and snr cf
I hear ya, the RCT search button can sometimes be pretty helpless. But again, this question should be posed in the SCTE thread. It's a great thread with a ton of good information. But I'm going to give you some feedback that I've personally had. I ran the SNR Chassis for a long time. about 10 months I wanna say, maybe it was 8, either way, it was a good amount of time. It was a very good chassis. Made my car VERY light compared to most other SCTE's on the track because I had other mods that lightened my truck as well. If you go that route, be sure to run the RC8 rear brace. The truck with the CF chassis was very nimble. Made in-air corrections easy which was a big advantage to other trucks if you are less than a perfect driver like myself lol The chassis was plenty durable so to those who say a CF chassis can't take the abuse that others can, I say prove it, because mine took it and then some! Just be sure to glue the edges to prevent delamination. After a long time with that chassis, I decided to go with the BCE chassis for my next one. I got a great deal that I couldn't pass up. It was used just a few times and about half price. At first I hated it, but I was running the RC8 rear brace just like I did with the SNR chassis. It pushed in the turns and I couldn't get the truck to rotate the way I could with the SNR Chassis. All other settings for me were the same. I put the stock rear brace on and viola! it handled great. It felt almost identical to my SNR chassis with the exception of not being quite as responsive to mid-air corrections (mostly bringing the nose back up, as we all know these things are super easy to bring the nose down if needed). I could rotate it just the same as before. I noticed, it didn't have the instant punch that the lighter CF chassis had, but at the same time, i didn't get pushed around quite as easily either, so that was a trade off and depending on your skills and the skills of those around you, the advantage may go to one chassis or the other. Right now, I'm using the BCE chassis and I've had more success with the SNR chassis to date, but the truth is, the competition in Pro4 has also gotten a lot better as people have branched into Pro4 who were seasoned vets in other classes, so I'm sure that's more of why I'm not doing as well with the BCE chassis as I used to with the SNR. Both of these are excellent chassis and I've heard fantastic things about both the TLR tuning chassis and bump chassis as well, I just don't have any personal experience with them. There's a few others like the Xtreme CF chassis that uses the top deck which is the one I think you were talking about and there's the Kingheadz, Jammin and I'm sure I'm missing one or two more. I'm sure they're all good options. Ok, hope that helps! Good luck!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

The tim bump version (nitrohouse) has the same basic footprint as the BCE, but last I knew the bump edition was the only 'lightened' chassis that took the time to move the battery tray 1/2" back rebalancing the chassis front to rear making it do much better on big jumps. I had both the BCE and the Bump and my personal opinion and lap times say go BUMP. I have yet to see a kingheadz or drive it so I cannot comment.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have both the King headz and the xtreme racing chassis and like them both. The king headz chassis makes the drive-train more efficient with angling the diff inward, and the xtreme racing chassis is very sexy and by far the lightest option with its battery mount, and the cg is not higher with it as som say, because like you said , the battey and diff are lowered several mm.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the info guys