Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Is anyone running the Orion R8.1 in a EB48 yet? I just bought one and it looks like it will be a tight fit with the monster switch and capacitor it comes with. Any suggestions or pictures would be very helpful.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masher81
I don't see how that is possible. The eb48 spindles are not compatible with the sct410 stub axles.
If converting for the sake of bashing you could always just get DE 17mm SCT wheels and the body mounts. May have to cut the wheel wells out a little more
Old 03-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Thanks Eric. I appreciate the compliment.

Originally Posted by suzukipro
I didn't think the shock tools would be worthwhile until I bought a set from you and started using them, I was Wrong. The shock tools are VERY well made with top shelf fit and finish and make assembling and disassembling Tekno shocks much easier. I am glad I decided to buy a set and would recommend them to anyone with a Tekno as they are worth every penny . Your skid plates are nice and thin and don't interefer with ride height as much as some others that are available and I have yet to wear mine out after 2 years.

I would think Tekno would be wise to buying your design and add the shock tools to their line up
Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Thanks Eric. I appreciate the compliment.
Chris's stuff is great, but he should also come out and race eBuggy Lite with us again!
Old 03-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

So my center diff spur gear was warped upon initial assembly. I had a spare so I installed it with equal TQ on each of the 4 bolts. It's also worth pointing out that I only got them snug, I did not crank down on them. It seems as if the diff case itself isn't cut flat. The new sour gear is warped as well and it was perfectly flat prior to installation.

Anyone else have this issue?

Tekno - Is this something that could be covered by warranty?
Old 03-25-2015, 02:36 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the cup may be off, but have tried to sand the cup edge smooth? I know it won't make it parallel if it is truly off, but if you sand it on a flat surface with some fine grit paper- it might take of some flashing allowing the spur to sit flat. Also, I "de-burred" or chamfered the edge of the screw holes in the cup. When the screw is inserted it can pull up some plastic at the edge. it helps make the cup more flat.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll consider that. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I've seen some old settings listed on the Tekin site... Wondering if anyone has any good Tekin Esc settings you'd like to share? This is my first Tekin ESC. Running an EB48.2 with RX8 G2 and 1900kv T8 G2 on 17T pinion. Short to medium sized dirt tracks with medium to loose surface.

- Drag brake?
- Brake Strength?
- Timing Profile or advance?
- CL?
- Neutral Width?

I know what each setting controls, just wondering what y'all have had success with.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:32 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seasick78
I've seen some old settings listed on the Tekin site... Wondering if anyone has any good Tekin Esc settings you'd like to share? This is my first Tekin ESC. Running an EB48.2 with RX8 G2 and 1900kv T8 G2 on 17T pinion. Short to medium sized dirt tracks with medium to loose surface.

- Drag brake?
- Brake Strength?
- CL?
- Neutral Width?

I know what each setting controls, just wondering what y'all have had success with.
You don't want any drag brake. If anything some from a nitro background will set a little push to allow the buggy to coast a little bit. Drag brake will give you brakes as soon as you let off the throttle, instant nose down in the air.
Brake strength is something that you set for personal preference. Randy at Tekin suggested I set my brake strength maybe about 80% on the ESC and adjust to suit the track on the TX. The brakes are so strong that you don't need 100% brake. The tracks I run on are fairly slick so I set my brakes a little lower to prevent lock up.
No timing with the T8. Not recommended and not needed.
CL is also personal preference. You would run lower CL on Slicker tracks, maybe 70-75%. Just depends on how much traction you get out of a corner.
Neutral width depends on how touchy you like you throttle and the capabilities of the TX. Lower if you want the throttle to engage the instant you touch the trigger. I set mine to the default or a couple of points lower. Not much difference.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mkl
You don't want any drag brake. If anything some from a nitro background will set a little push to allow the buggy to coast a little bit. Drag brake will give you brakes as soon as you let off the throttle, instant nose down in the air.
Brake strength is something that you set for personal preference. Randy at Tekin suggested I set my brake strength maybe about 80% on the ESC and adjust to suit the track on the TX. The brakes are so strong that you don't need 100% brake. The tracks I run on are fairly slick so I set my brakes a little lower to prevent lock up.
No timing with the T8. Not recommended and not needed.
CL is also personal preference. You would run lower CL on Slicker tracks, maybe 70-75%. Just depends on how much traction you get out of a corner.
Neutral width depends on how touchy you like you throttle and the capabilities of the TX. Lower if you want the throttle to engage the instant you touch the trigger. I set mine to the default or a couple of points lower. Not much difference.
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

- Drag brake?
- Brake Strength?
- CL?
- Neutral Width?

17t pinion? I think usable range for 1900kv is 18-20t for small-to-large tracks, with 17t you'll meet undergear
Old 03-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
17t pinion? I think usable range for 1900kv is 18-20t for small-to-large tracks, with 17t you'll meet undergear
Are you sure? I have an 18t, 19t, 20t and 21t also. I had originally planned on 18T but someone said the exact opposite as you and said to "go with the 17, it's all you'll ever need."

Easy swap... Can anyone please confirm?

Last edited by Seasick78; 03-26-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on the shock tools. They work great!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Are you sure? I have an 18t, 19t, 20t and 21t also. I had originally planned on 18T but someone said the exact opposite as you and said to "go with the 17, it's all you'll ever need."

Easy swap... Can anyone please confirm?
Best way to hash this out would be to go out on a practice day, and run for the length of a normal qual, and then a normal Main. Take temps after each, then adjust accordingly.

I try and keep temps below 170°
Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i run 19 indoors and out with a tekin 1900. I think its a sweet spot, as I never feel like i need any thing more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.