Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
  #1411  
Tech Apprentice
 
joho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Thank you Justpoet and Daniel! Wish me luck for the FEMCA race

Here are some photos of the finish car, with the layout and design, I have only word to describe it: Neat!
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04797.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04800.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04803.jpg  
joho is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
  #1412  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
teknorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,160
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joho
Thank you Justpoet and Daniel! Wish me luck for the FEMCA race

Here are some photos of the finish car, with the layout and design, I have only word to describe it: Neat!
Fantastic job! I LOVE the black shrink tube on the ESC lead to the RX box, looks so clean. I'll definitely be doing that to my setup for the ROAR Nats this weekend. Looks like you might need a new fan though .
teknorc is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 PM
  #1413  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joho
Thank you Justpoet and Daniel! Wish me luck for the FEMCA race

Here are some photos of the finish car, with the layout and design, I have only word to describe it: Neat!
That is super clean! Unlike mine lol!

Youll love this buggy, its changed my life, Im a better person. IM smarter, faster, stronger!
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM
  #1414  
Tech Apprentice
 
joho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by teknorc
Fantastic job! I LOVE the black shrink tube on the ESC lead to the RX box, looks so clean. I'll definitely be doing that to my setup for the ROAR Nats this weekend. Looks like you might need a new fan though .
Daniel, nothing escape your eyes! Got two new fans with me now, I should be ok.

The tough task will be no spring set and no anti-roll bar set for the race. Springs I can still make do with other brand, but anti-roll bar will be tough. Also, I have carry one extra car to the race, and I hope that will cover the parts too! Awaiting your caps and T-shirt thou!
joho is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
  #1415  
Tech Apprentice
 
joho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
That is super clean! Unlike mine lol!

Youll love this buggy, its changed my life, Im a better person. IM smarter, faster, stronger!
I am loving it already, even without running it yet! The EB48 is by far the cleanest lay out of it's class, everything are so logical and reasonable!
joho is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
  #1416  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Sorry if it's been asked but what pinion for a castle 1415/MMP setup for tight indoor clay track?

Also, in terms of balance, I only have a trakpower 5600 4s battery (heavy) for now. I need two shorties or a 4s 4000 for better balance but that will have to wait til next month. How badly will the balance on my interim Setup hurt performance? I figure most other cars are unbalanced by design so it can't be that bad!

Looking forward to seeing the full indoor setup sheet.

Mine is being delivered to LHS today!
3racers is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 AM
  #1417  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
sramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

@TEKNO....OR ANY ELECTRIC WIZZ GUYS........plan on using 10 awg wires from esc to motor and from esc to battery. any cons about this? figured itd be more efficient, even though i know i dont need 10 awg, i like the thought of current being able to travel thru with less resistent due to less chance of wires heating up etc.......also i want to know if having those 10 gauge wires on esc, and having my battery only being a 12 gauge lead if there are any cons about that (not being same gauge etc....would it bottleneck current at the 10-12 gauge lead)...im sure its no prob but would like to hear your thoughts

ALSO....curious how long it took some of you to put your kit together. electronics and all. wondering if ill have enough time fri to put together before race fri night.
sramos is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 06:17 AM
  #1418  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
ryno726 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:11 AM
  #1419  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,649
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sramos420
@TEKNO....OR ANY ELECTRIC WIZZ GUYS........plan on using 10 awg wires from esc to motor and from esc to battery. any cons about this? figured itd be more efficient, even though i know i dont need 10 awg, i like the thought of current being able to travel thru with less resistent due to less chance of wires heating up etc.......also i want to know if having those 10 gauge wires on esc, and having my battery only being a 12 gauge lead if there are any cons about that (not being same gauge etc....would it bottleneck current at the 10-12 gauge lead)...im sure its no prob but would like to hear your thoughts

ALSO....curious how long it took some of you to put your kit together. electronics and all. wondering if ill have enough time fri to put together before race fri night.
You can use 10 awg if you want but with as short as the wires are its not gonna make any difference except be a lot harder to solder too the ESC and motor .

There wont be any "bottleneck" either as again the wires are too short to matter .

Havent got my kit yet but 2-3 hours IMO is probably about right , faster if you arent a rookie and know what you are doing .......
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM
  #1420  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
sramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
You can use 10 awg if you want but with as short as the wires are its not gonna make any difference except be a lot harder to solder too the ESC and motor .

There wont be any "bottleneck" either as again the wires are too short to matter .

Havent got my kit yet but 2-3 hours IMO is probably about right , faster if you arent a rookie and know what you are doing .......
thx!! i have a professional solder guy who builds batterys and such, and does some of the cleanest work ive ever seen, so the hard part of the soldering isnt an issue..........im a rookie in sense of time behind the wheel (5 months) but have built my 4wd and modded a bunch, tore apart and rebuild multiple times so im vary familiar with everything so i imagine 4 hours tops.........but i do have a bit of A.D.D. and obsessive compulsive so it might slow me down here and there lol
sramos is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
  #1421  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (112)
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teknorc
Thanks for posting up Glen.

For those wondering, Glen does all of the paint schemes for the San Diego based Tekno team. His work will be featured on an upcoming cover of a popular RC publication...

Is THIS what you are referring to?


Last edited by rice_man; 08-15-2012 at 08:33 AM.
rice_man is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
  #1422  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 334
Default

Hi Tekno,
is this gap normal ??? should i shim it ???
already screwed them tight
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-gap.jpg  
Marco926 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 AM
  #1423  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
teknorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,160
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rice_man
Is THIS what you are referring to?

That would be it!
teknorc is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
  #1424  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
teknorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,160
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marco926
Hi Tekno,
is this gap normal ??? should i shim it ???
already screwed them tight
The gap is normal. You can shim it if you'd like, just be sure it doesn't bind.
teknorc is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
  #1425  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
teknorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,160
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ryno726
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for sharing ryno. Looks good. The perspective in that one shot makes that Dean's connector look huge.
teknorc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.