Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Justpoet and Daniel! Wish me luck for the FEMCA race

Here are some photos of the finish car, with the layout and design, I have only word to describe it: Neat!
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04797.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04800.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-dsc04803.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joho

Here are some photos of the finish car, with the layout and design, I have only word to describe it: Neat!
Fantastic job! I LOVE the black shrink tube on the ESC lead to the RX box, looks so clean. I'll definitely be doing that to my setup for the ROAR Nats this weekend. Looks like you might need a new fan though .
Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by joho

That is super clean! Unlike mine lol!

Youll love this buggy, its changed my life, Im a better person. IM smarter, faster, stronger!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by teknorc
Fantastic job! I LOVE the black shrink tube on the ESC lead to the RX box, looks so clean. I'll definitely be doing that to my setup for the ROAR Nats this weekend. Looks like you might need a new fan though .
Daniel, nothing escape your eyes! Got two new fans with me now, I should be ok.

The tough task will be no spring set and no anti-roll bar set for the race. Springs I can still make do with other brand, but anti-roll bar will be tough. Also, I have carry one extra car to the race, and I hope that will cover the parts too! Awaiting your caps and T-shirt thou!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
That is super clean! Unlike mine lol!

Youll love this buggy, its changed my life, Im a better person. IM smarter, faster, stronger!
I am loving it already, even without running it yet! The EB48 is by far the cleanest lay out of it's class, everything are so logical and reasonable!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry if it's been asked but what pinion for a castle 1415/MMP setup for tight indoor clay track?

Also, in terms of balance, I only have a trakpower 5600 4s battery (heavy) for now. I need two shorties or a 4s 4000 for better balance but that will have to wait til next month. How badly will the balance on my interim Setup hurt performance? I figure most other cars are unbalanced by design so it can't be that bad!

Looking forward to seeing the full indoor setup sheet.

Mine is being delivered to LHS today!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

@TEKNO....OR ANY ELECTRIC WIZZ GUYS........plan on using 10 awg wires from esc to motor and from esc to battery. any cons about this? figured itd be more efficient, even though i know i dont need 10 awg, i like the thought of current being able to travel thru with less resistent due to less chance of wires heating up etc.......also i want to know if having those 10 gauge wires on esc, and having my battery only being a 12 gauge lead if there are any cons about that (not being same gauge etc....would it bottleneck current at the 10-12 gauge lead)...im sure its no prob but would like to hear your thoughts

ALSO....curious how long it took some of you to put your kit together. electronics and all. wondering if ill have enough time fri to put together before race fri night.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos420
@TEKNO....OR ANY ELECTRIC WIZZ GUYS........plan on using 10 awg wires from esc to motor and from esc to battery. any cons about this? figured itd be more efficient, even though i know i dont need 10 awg, i like the thought of current being able to travel thru with less resistent due to less chance of wires heating up etc.......also i want to know if having those 10 gauge wires on esc, and having my battery only being a 12 gauge lead if there are any cons about that (not being same gauge etc....would it bottleneck current at the 10-12 gauge lead)...im sure its no prob but would like to hear your thoughts

ALSO....curious how long it took some of you to put your kit together. electronics and all. wondering if ill have enough time fri to put together before race fri night.
You can use 10 awg if you want but with as short as the wires are its not gonna make any difference except be a lot harder to solder too the ESC and motor .

There wont be any "bottleneck" either as again the wires are too short to matter .

Havent got my kit yet but 2-3 hours IMO is probably about right , faster if you arent a rookie and know what you are doing .......
Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
You can use 10 awg if you want but with as short as the wires are its not gonna make any difference except be a lot harder to solder too the ESC and motor .

There wont be any "bottleneck" either as again the wires are too short to matter .

Havent got my kit yet but 2-3 hours IMO is probably about right , faster if you arent a rookie and know what you are doing .......
thx!! i have a professional solder guy who builds batterys and such, and does some of the cleanest work ive ever seen, so the hard part of the soldering isnt an issue..........im a rookie in sense of time behind the wheel (5 months) but have built my 4wd and modded a bunch, tore apart and rebuild multiple times so im vary familiar with everything so i imagine 4 hours tops.........but i do have a bit of A.D.D. and obsessive compulsive so it might slow me down here and there lol
Old 08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Thanks for posting up Glen.

For those wondering, Glen does all of the paint schemes for the San Diego based Tekno team. His work will be featured on an upcoming cover of a popular RC publication...

Is THIS what you are referring to?

Last edited by rice_man; 08-15-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Tekno,
is this gap normal ??? should i shim it ???
already screwed them tight
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-gap.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rice_man
Is THIS what you are referring to?

That would be it!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marco926
Hi Tekno,
is this gap normal ??? should i shim it ???
already screwed them tight
The gap is normal. You can shim it if you'd like, just be sure it doesn't bind.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ryno726
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for sharing ryno. Looks good. The perspective in that one shot makes that Dean's connector look huge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.