Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can someone tell the max length of the battery tray is? I need to verify I'm going to be able to get my batteries to fit while I'm waiting on my kit.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Can someone tell the max length of the battery tray is? I need to verify I'm going to be able to get my batteries to fit while I'm waiting on my kit.
The tray is 148x50mm.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

148mm x 50mm
Old 08-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Heres pics of it with two 2s batts in it.

upload images

photo hosting

Not the best pictures, but short of the story, sure can. Gotta get the right connectors, but I think even two bullet stand up connectors will work.

Also the straps can be put in different slots for different size batteries.
Thanks for posting that. I have my build nearly completed, but I've been working 12.5 hour night shifts for a week and unable to dedicate any time to removing the electronics from my old kit. After seeing your picture it is clear that I'm going to need a new battery setup. I've been running two nanotech 6600s in my D8V4 but the EB48 doesn't have enough room to install the banana plugs.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Thanks for posting that. I have my build nearly completed, but I've been working 12.5 hour night shifts for a week and unable to dedicate any time to removing the electronics from my old kit. After seeing your picture it is clear that I'm going to need a new battery setup. I've been running two nanotech 6600s in my D8V4 but the EB48 doesn't have enough room to install the banana plugs.

Same here. I was hoping I'd be able to run my dual packs but with the short battery tray the pack overlap just enough I'd never be able to the the bullet connectors in. Nothing like having to spend as much on new packs as I did on the kit...
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Same here. I was hoping I'd be able to run my dual packs but with the short battery tray the pack overlap just enough I'd never be able to the the bullet connectors in. Nothing like having to spend as much on new packs as I did on the kit...
Actually I can put bigger plugs in. That pic shows how two 2s fit into the tray then are strapped in tight. Just put two full packs through this thing. When I get home ill put in bigger plugs.

Both of post pics of the plugs you use. I'll see if. I have them. I did put in two 6500 2s batts and they fit fine. There really is a lot of room.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

one of the great many joys of RC ;D
Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Actually I can put bigger plugs in. That pic shows how two 2s fit into the tray then are strapped in tight. Just put two full packs through this thing. When I get home ill put in bigger plugs.

Both of post pics of the plugs you use. I'll see if. I have them. I did put in two 6500 2s batts and they fit fine. There really is a lot of room.
The bullet connectors on my packs are not out at the very end like yours. I drew out the battery tray dimensions on paper and set my packs down on it. They won't fit. Over half the female bullet on one pack is covered by the end of the other pack. Wouldn't be as big a deal if I hadn't just bought six new 2s packs. I guess now I have a good excuse to try out running 5s with a 1700 kv motor.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Turn the packs so the plugs are on top. Velcro them together so that the bottom pack's plugs are just clear of the top pack. Put the plugs of both packs at the same end of the tray. Use a foam spacer on the opposite end so that the battery doesn't shift forward.

Like this:

==============P
X==============P

That's how I've planned to run mine from day one. If that doesn't work out I'll be buying new packs too.

Chris
Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Turn the packs so the plugs are on top. Velcro them together so that the bottom pack's plugs are just clear of the top pack. Put the plugs of both packs at the same end of the tray. Use a foam spacer on the opposite end so that the battery doesn't shift forward.

Like this:

==============P
X==============P

That's how I've planned to run mine from day one. If that doesn't work out I'll be buying new packs too.

Chris
That's what I was trying to do. Because of the position of the bullets on my packs, I can't stagger them far enough in the tray. If there is enough clearance between the packs and the body I might be able to put the packs back to back and make it work.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi
I love my EB-48 and I love my EB-48. Tekno and Danny have thought of everything. I want to personly thank Danny for taking his time with this kit. I love my EB-48. She has not seen dirt yet; but the way she is built, she is going to love dirt. If you do not have a turn buckle wrench, you are not a serous racer, get one and your wrenching will be a lot easer. If you do not have a file to shave plastic parts of to fit your likings, get a file. If you did not have any of the above, stick to 1/10 scale SC. If you want to get serous about racing 1/8 scale, get with tekno. The support is beyond any other place, and those places got coustmer support with people's to answer the phone. Danny, I love your product and I love Tekno, keep up the good work and communication; this what separates you from the other companies.
Great you must be in love
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi
I love my EB-48 and I love my EB-48. Tekno and Danny have thought of everything. I want to personly thank Danny for taking his time with this kit. I love my EB-48. She has not seen dirt yet; but the way she is built, she is going to love dirt. If you do not have a turn buckle wrench, you are not a serous racer, get one and your wrenching will be a lot easer. If you do not have a file to shave plastic parts of to fit your likings, get a file. If you did not have any of the above, stick to 1/10 scale SC. If you want to get serous about racing 1/8 scale, get with tekno. The support is beyond any other place, and those places got coustmer support with people's to answer the phone. Danny, I love your product and I love Tekno, keep up the good work and communication; this what separates you from the other companies.
The intensity just went up a notch on this thread.....
Old 08-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Little update guys Once I am all done tomorrow I will post pictures and have a quiz question for you guys
Bag M....

Bag N...

Both sets of Shocks built.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Great job on these shocks Tekno, they are silky smooth. My roller is in the same state as yours is right now ZERTA.

Tekno,

Will there be machined pistons available soon? I sorta messed up one of mine when I was cleaning up the molding material.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Couple questions while I wait to order mine

What pitch are the wheel nuts? Fine or coarse thread? I have a couple sets of KingHeadz for my D8.

What is the spacing on the wing holes? I have the Tekno wing mount for Losi/HB D8, and have a few wings that I would like to reuse.

Would the Tekno axles for the D8 work as spares? Have an extra set of those.

What are most of yall getting for spares? Set of arms, hubs, ????

Thanks, have to order a new esc first( killed 2 this weekend) and possibly a new motor(killed a Tekin).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.