Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 AM
  #1321  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Marzac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,046
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
First I have to say, THE SMOOTHEST SHOCKS IVE EVER BUILT!!!! OMFG.

Anyway, I totally got a Tekno lusty love man love (no gay) thing going on right now.

But the spur gear rubs the top plate when I mount it on the chassis. The front of the top of the spur gear hits the edge of the top plate. Ill take a picture of it once I finish the rear shocks.

This is where the the shims you were wondering about earlier come in to the build (TKR1222). They need to be in place before you insert the center diff in to the mounts. This spaces the spur gear away from the top plate edge.

Marzac2 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:16 AM
  #1322  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
Wait till you get it on the track and see how awesome the shocks perform it is butter smooth even on the roughest of tracks.

Think i might wait till tomorrow to build the shocks and finish the build pretty tired and my GF is looking at me funny LOL.
Pulling an all nighter, then waking up in the afternoon to practice on my local track. Gotta see what this thing can do.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 AM
  #1323  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Allen Drebi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I love my EB-48 and I love my EB-48. Tekno and Danny have thought of everything. I want to personly thank Danny for taking his time with this kit. I love my EB-48. She has not seen dirt yet; but the way she is built, she is going to love dirt. If you do not have a turn buckle wrench, you are not a serous racer, get one and your wrenching will be a lot easer. If you do not have a file to shave plastic parts of to fit your likings, get a file. If you did not have any of the above, stick to 1/10 scale SC. If you want to get serous about racing 1/8 scale, get with tekno. The support is beyond any other place, and those places got coustmer support with people's to answer the phone. Danny, I love your product and I love Tekno, keep up the good work and communication; this what separates you from the other companies.
Allen Drebi is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
  #1324  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi
I love my EB-48 and I love my EB-48. Tekno and Danny have thought of everything. I want to personly thank Danny for taking his time with this kit. I love my EB-48. She has not seen dirt yet; but the way she is built, she is going to love dirt. If you do not have a turn buckle wrench, you are not a serous racer, get one and your wrenching will be a lot easer. If you do not have a file to shave plastic parts of to fit your likings, get a file. If you did not have any of the above, stick to 1/10 scale SC. If you want to get serous about racing 1/8 scale, get with tekno. The support is beyond any other place, and those places got coustmer support with people's to answer the phone. Danny, I love your product and I love Tekno, keep up the good work and communication; this what separates you from the other companies.
Dude seriously. I have turnbuckle wrenches, not one fits these turnbuckles. No big deal, I made a 4am build post. I apologized.

I have a file for plastic parts, called a dremel, I asked if I should or was it supposed to be like that.

Last but not least Tekno is the absolute best so far. And my entire drivetrain on my SCTE is Tekno. The build of this kit so far is outstanding. The best fitting parts, shocks are redicilous. The drivetrain is insanely pretty.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:18 AM
  #1325  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Allen Drebi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Ir
Allen Drebi is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:14 AM
  #1326  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Ok some pictures, Im on the back end of the build!!

Oh yeah couldnt tell by the book what the basic points for the shocks to be setup, is there a basic setup sheet showing this?


upload photo


upload images


image hosting


image host
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 AM
  #1327  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
kevinpratt823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I have just about every Tekno part/kit available for my Losi buggies, E-truggy, and SCT-E, the best components out there IMHO, and I am so pumped about this car. I am waiting for an LHS to get it, but I want it NOW! My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and it just occurred to me that maybe I should just order a second kit to build and just put on the shelf to stare/drool at in my shop.............

Quick question, what is the optimal battery weight to achieve the best balance? I have Tekin buggy motors/RX8, should I be planning on my 1900kv/4s/5300mah setup, or will my 2650kv/3s/5400mah setup work well? I really like the handling of my current buggy with the lighter 3s.

Thanks, and keep 'em coming! Truggy and/or SC4x4 next, I will buy them both! Heck, I even wanted to figure a way to use your chassis on my nitro buggy!

GiggityGigittyGigitty!!!
kevinpratt823 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:30 AM
  #1328  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (13)
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,867
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I believe i saw it posted before but I can run 2 2S packs in the car correct? Thats all i have right now as I currently run the 811BE. Cant wait to get the car. Should be arriving this week.
protc3 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 AM
  #1329  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by patxeik
i had a similar issue with daniel several years ago, and he sent me the right part and let me keep the wrong part he sent me with no cost added, and i think it was my first order in his shop and overseas order. So no complains about that, and sure he will take care of it if you can demostrate it.
Also know that tekno will do his best to keep this car updated if something goes wrong and at a low cost for the customers.
Well, I hope so, it was an overseas shipping as well, but it never arrived.
Redondo is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 AM
  #1330  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by protc3
I believe i saw it posted before but I can run 2 2S packs in the car correct? Thats all i have right now as I currently run the 811BE. Cant wait to get the car. Should be arriving this week.
Jason, it will work as long as they are like TP's and use lead with a deans conn. Bullet style may have issues, so you'll have to play that one by ear.

BTW, I was just checking out my BMI T2 carpet chassis yesterday when I was cleaning up shop...man you guys do some fine machine work.
Rob Phillips is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 AM
  #1331  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (13)
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,867
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Jason, it will work as long as they are like TP's and use lead with a deans conn. Bullet style may have issues, so you'll have to play that one by ear.

BTW, I was just checking out my BMI T2 carpet chassis yesterday when I was cleaning up shop...man you guys do some fine machine work.
Thanks buddy. I am going to have to mess around getting it to run with bullet style connectors. Thats all i got right now

I am going to be making some cool stuff for the EB-48. Glad you like our products buddy. I have a new 1/12th and WGT car coming this year that is going to be pretty cool.
protc3 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
  #1332  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by protc3
I believe i saw it posted before but I can run 2 2S packs in the car correct? Thats all i have right now as I currently run the 811BE. Cant wait to get the car. Should be arriving this week.
Heres pics of it with two 2s batts in it.


upload images


photo hosting

Not the best pictures, but short of the story, sure can. Gotta get the right connectors, but I think even two bullet stand up connectors will work.

Also the straps can be put in different slots for different size batteries.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:32 AM
  #1333  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (112)
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
The steering is locking up far right and left, how far should it turn left and right?

http://youtu.be/iYpsA9wzU8A

Heres a video, not the best, camera phone and not great lighting.

Pleaes tell me if its supposed to do this.

EDIT: ANOTHER PROBLEM! Gah Im just putting this thing together wrong or something. Now the spur gear is catching on the top plate. I need to know if I need to fix either of these things.

Is it ok to grind away some of the top plate?
Don't grind the top plate! I think Zac already mentioned it. There are six shims that go on the outdrive prior to assembly. These are what's needed to keep the spur fro rubbing. And as Thomas mentioned the steering run is caused. Y a slight bulging in the plastic due to the M4 screw being jus a touch long. That will work its way out or you can grind the slight bulge down without issues
rice_man is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 AM
  #1334  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rice_man
Don't grind the top plate! I think Zac already mentioned it. There are six shims that go on the outdrive prior to assembly. These are what's needed to keep the spur fro rubbing. And as Thomas mentioned the steering run is caused. Y a slight bulging in the plastic due to the M4 screw being jus a touch long. That will work its way out or you can grind the slight bulge down without issues
Didnt grind the top plate, everything is installed and it seems to be fine right now.

Did grind down the hubs with my dremel a little bit and now the steering is super smooth!

Heading to the track right now to test this bad boy out!
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
  #1335  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Ok some pictures, Im on the back end of the build!!

Oh yeah couldnt tell by the book what the basic points for the shocks to be setup, is there a basic setup sheet showing this?

The stock shock mounts are located in the build manual, Front is Middle hole on the arm and second hole from the outside of the tower. Back is the Middle hole on the arm and second hole from the outside of the tower.
ZERTA RACING is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.