Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Nah it wont matter. From what I have seen and read so far I included would thrash any Techno bashing on the spot.
There quality is far above top quality in all there conversions I have seen on the track and Techno has made a solid upstanding name for itself previous and right here on this thread. One of a very few companies in the industry that can get that kind of respect. Never have I heard any negative feed back at the track.
You guys are getting as good of Factory support as any sponsored driver could ever dream to get.

Look how much techno did just to find a simple washer has a cone on it. On a washer 800 grit would fix that on the spot. Anyone of us with any build experiences would just sand it down and move on with out even a sniffle. I have built about 6 different brands of 1/8th scales over the years and none have went together with out some kind of hick up.

This thread will be a great tool in the future and I would direct it to anyone who might need it.
Its definitively best to keep it transparent. It will insure the quality and how much Techno stands behind its products and my self included will build a solid loyalty with its customers.

PM's are fine but posting something on here would be faster and more support than any one man could respond to.

So far a washer and no tools.... ROTFLMAO.
That's nothing. Like any of us would let that, customer or not put a scar on any kit. Not going to happen.

My build is going to be a breeze thanx to this thread.
Thanx fellas.

I think your going to love this ride. I haven't wanted a kit so bad since the first B4 kit. I bought the only 2 in KC. just so I would have parts. Oh how I thought I was the cool guy. LOL
Oh dont get me wrong guys, Im not a professional, and I hope that anything Ive said doesnt deter anyone from buying this thing. Its built like a mack truck, the parts are going together perfectly (If addendums are read correctly).

I mean I did make the turnbuckle wrench comment at like 4am in the middle of the build lol!! So dont listen to that.

So far front and rear end together and theres absolutely nothing I DONT like so far. Though I do want to make a video of the rear left shaft to see if the wobble is to much, I mean it looks excessive, but then again it seems to run true anyway.

One thing I really love is the screws already, just the kit ones, seem to be really high quality. Oh yeah I also love the plastics seems to be tough, easy to screw (Oh I had to say it!) and easy to work with.

Though I didnt get much gunmetal anodizing like the main chassis, kinda bummed about that!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Oh come on, why cant you include a tool to fit the turnbuckles?! All the other kits Ive bought had at least a small tool to fit them. Now I cant find one in my toolbox, and Im jacked.

Ok so I think my left rear drive shaft is warped, it looks like it wobbles when I rotate the wheels. Is there a way that I could have screwed up that drive shaft?
OMG!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Oh dont get me wrong guys, Im not a professional, and I hope that anything Ive said doesnt deter anyone from buying this thing. Its built like a mack truck, the parts are going together perfectly (If addendums are read correctly).

I mean I did make the turnbuckle wrench comment at like 4am in the middle of the build lol!! So dont listen to that.

So far front and rear end together and theres absolutely nothing I DONT like so far. Though I do want to make a video of the rear left shaft to see if the wobble is to much, I mean it looks excessive, but then again it seems to run true anyway.

One thing I really love is the screws already, just the kit ones, seem to be really high quality. Oh yeah I also love the plastics seems to be tough, easy to screw (Oh I had to say it!) and easy to work with.

Though I didnt get much gunmetal anodizing like the main chassis, kinda bummed about that!
Just get it to the track. Biggest reason I want to race today is to see it.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Seriously? You thought you were cool!!?? Where the heck did that come from? LOL
I think if I ever convert to electric 1/8, this is the way to go. Looks like a well built machine. I guess my only concern is the nylon/plastic spur gear and massive torque electric motors. But Techno has alot more experience at it than I do,lol
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We saw another shaft that was not as straight as it should be from the factory. It will still work, but obviously we can get you a new one if you want. Again, just email us with your info.

I don't mind anyone posting their thoughts and concerns here, just know that we're here to help.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

im sorta glad i have to wait this extra wk for my eb48..............get to see the lil nitches i might see during my build. thx everyone for updating your builds and most importantly thx Tekno for being there when we need you!!! Can't wait to hear "WHAT IS THAT!!??? THAT IS FAST, NEVER SEEN ANYONE CLEAR THAT JUMP!!!"......."ITS JUST THE TEKNO EB48 TAKING OVER!!!" LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Just get it to the track. Biggest reason I want to race today is to see it.
Can't get out today, got a dnd gameday. Plus my stupid self spent so much time on the center diff that I could only finish front and rear sets.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teknorc
We saw another shaft that was not as straight as it should be from the factory. It will still work, but obviously we can get you a new one if you want. Again, just email us with your info.

I don't mind anyone posting their thoughts and concerns here, just know that we're here to help.
Well ill make a video and post it tonight to see if its excessive.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default metal spur

Tekno,

I didn't see the metal spur in stock yet. Any news on when it will hit the shelves?

I know there are mixed feelings about running metal or plastic spurs, but I've always had a little better luck with metal gears, and it gives me a little piece of mind.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't get out today, got a dnd gameday. Plus my stupid self spent so much time on the center diff that I could only finish front and rear sets.

DnD, nice. Last time I played I ruined the DM's day with uncommonly good rolls. Killed his "ultimate" golem in 3 turns lol. He figured he'd set up a days worth of entertainment.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hack-N-Slash
DnD, nice. Last time I played I ruined the DM's day with uncommonly good rolls. Killed his "ultimate" golem in 3 turns lol. He figured he'd set up a days worth of entertainment.
We play every friday night, and once a month we have gameday where we play most of Saturday.

I could have spent this morning trying to finish but want to do it nice and slow and right. So probably going to come out tomorrow and play with it a bit.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hello, that build on the other site is mine, I was waiting to post here till the car was more completed. Anyways here is my build so far the quality of the kit is amazing the diffs are the only problem but once broken in they are great. Big thanks to TEKNO for finally producing this kit.

Well the TEKNO EB48 box was staring me down so I decided to see how far I could get before I became to tired.

The Box....

Whats in the Box..... minus the body...

Bag B....

Bag C...

Bag D...

Bag D continued ...

Bag E....

Bag F.....

Bag G....

Bag H......

Bag I....
Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
Tekno,

I didn't see the metal spur in stock yet. Any news on when it will hit the shelves?

I know there are mixed feelings about running metal or plastic spurs, but I've always had a little better luck with metal gears, and it gives me a little piece of mind.

I also have used plastic spur gears in the past and had problems with them, but after seeing how beefy this one is in the Tekno kit, I decided to give it a try. Its a better material and thicker than most others. I have been running it for many months during testing and have had no issues at all. Still using the same one for more than 6 months when I switched from the metal prototype. I dont think we had one strip on any of the test cars either.

The metal spur gear is still a great option though and I will likely go back to it when I switch to the Traktion Drive/mechanical brake set-up.

The metal spurs will likely be in our warehouse next week, though I could be wrong. Should be real soon anyway.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have not ordered one of these yet (had it in the cart last night, but couldn't pull the trigger because my current car has been so awesome lately I hate to switch), but was looking through the manual last night. I saw that the droop screws appear to be plain screws, a small complaint I know, but perhaps the HPI107372 droop screws (with hex in both ends!) would help some of you guys out. I just started using these on my current car, and love them.

Where do I get an extra gasket? Is the gasket specific to this or can I. use like an acts or xray one?
As long as it fits and the holes line up... use it. I have seen this on other brands, and it does get better (extra gasket not needed on rebuild) with some break in.

Oh come on, why cant you include a tool to fit the turnbuckles?! All the other kits Ive bought had at least a small tool to fit them. Now I cant find one in my toolbox, and Im jacked.

Ok so I think my left rear drive shaft is warped, it looks like it wobbles when I rotate the wheels. Is there a way that I could have screwed up that drive shaft?
I have built dozens of kits and have never got a turnbuckle wrench in any of them. Unless you count a stamped steel so called "wrench" that belongs in the trash. I usually take most tools included with a kit and transfer them straight to the trash... good tools make a build so much easier/better.

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Seriously? You thought you were cool!!?? Where the heck did that come from? LOL
I think if I ever convert to electric 1/8, this is the way to go. Looks like a well built machine. I guess my only concern is the nylon/plastic spur gear and massive torque electric motors. But Techno has alot more experience at it than I do,lol
Plastic spurs should be of no concern with the diff mounted motor... and proper gear mesh. I have been running plastic spurs on my 1/8th electrics for many years, and I get about a year on mine, running nearly every weekend! I think they actually last longer than the steel ones... and, I am the envy of the other racers as my cars are so quiet!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

ĘDanny why plastick knuckles in the front? thats a pro kit and i think it deserves it. It is nearly a c-hub sistem like kyosho and all the pro cars that i ve seen with this sistems include a cnc knuckel!!
I love the car but it is 549 dollar car so i assume that will be reasonabe to wear cnc knuckles like the hobaos, hong nor, associated,.... that are in the same range price

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.