Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:38 AM
  #8896  
Tech Apprentice
 
GrimmReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 73
Default

Originally Posted by RC Geezer
I have two 1st generation kits, and on one of the kits the center diff has been that way from day one, Even after 10 or 12 races..............Last time I rebuilt the diff it was super notchy so I then took it back apart and re-positioned the gears (a couple of times) and found a happy medium................

Until I can afford all the Revised Diff internals I will just have to play musical chairs w/ the diff gears until I get it as smooth as possible at rebuild time.....Hope this helps .... and make sure you dont over-tighten the 4 diff/spur bolts
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try that tonight. If it doesn't help I'm going to try the new spur.

I'm not using the washers behind the 4 diff gears so it shouldn't be an issue.

I noticed that the more I tighten the cap screws the worse it gets. If it were any more loose, all of the fluid would fall out. The part that really ticks me off is that before I took it apart it was so smooth, but it did leak. Maybe a new gasket and spur will do the trick. I'll check to make sure everything is seating properly tonight.
GrimmReaper is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM
  #8897  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
I noticed that the more I tighten the cap screws the worse it gets. If it were any more loose, all of the fluid would fall out. The part that really ticks me off is that before I took it apart it was so smooth, but it did leak. Maybe a new gasket and spur will do the trick. I'll check to make sure everything is seating properly tonight.
Try using 2 of the paper gaskets instead of just 1. This will give you more space, just like not tightening the screws down, but also maintain a seal. Make sure to put a little grease on the seals though so they actually seal to each other well (just smear it on, you don't need anything other than a thin film of it, don't even really need to see it).
justpoet is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM
  #8898  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
cpt_RedBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhautz
I gotta say, the .2 kit is pretty damn nice. The original EB48 was a great kit but the .2 version just feels a bit more polished. Everything just falls together and feels great. On the font diff I only needed one shim on the gear side and on the rear diff it didn't need any.
Did it seem like the plastic was slightly different in the .2 kit? I thought it was just me, but it feels like the plastic on the .2 is a little better quality than my first .1 kit.
cpt_RedBeard is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM
  #8899  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
Did it seem like the plastic was slightly different in the .2 kit? I thought it was just me, but it feels like the plastic on the .2 is a little better quality than my first .1 kit.
yea i dont know if its the placebo effect because its the .2 but I think it seems to be better made in general, better tolerances, didnt really need to use shims on the diffs. the plastics didnt have high spots, etc...
Graham11 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM
  #8900  
Tech Apprentice
 
GrimmReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 73
Default

Originally Posted by Graham11
yea i dont know if its the placebo effect because its the .2 but I think it seems to be better made in general, better tolerances, didnt really need to use shims on the diffs. the plastics didnt have high spots, etc...
Alright that's enough, after this weekend I'm ordering a .2.

My wife will thank you all later. Proly not.
GrimmReaper is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
  #8901  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
cpt_RedBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
Alright that's enough, after this weekend I'm ordering a .2.

My wife will thank you all later. Proly not.
haha, mine knew what was up when I was boxing mine up. I got the "What are you doing, you race that every weekend why would you sell it?" awkward pause. "Nevermind, how much is it?"
cpt_RedBeard is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #8902  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,264
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
Did it seem like the plastic was slightly different in the .2 kit? I thought it was just me, but it feels like the plastic on the .2 is a little better quality than my first .1 kit.
I didn't notice anything really. As far as plastics go, everything has been good on all of my Teknos.
jhautz is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM
  #8903  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhautz
I didn't notice anything really. As far as plastics go, everything has been good on all of my Teknos.
Yea i dont know if it is the quality of the plastic itself more the quality of the machining and molding in regards to tolerances, things fit nice.

And yes the wife issue... haha i hadnt even opened my eb48.1 before i was already boxing it up to sell for the .2. I tried explaining why but it was fruitless but she did understand that it was cheaper than buying all the upgrades individually which she knows i would have done so in with the new out with the old(but still new in box)
Graham11 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  #8904  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Wait what your suppose to tell your wife I get off easy they are all just toy cars to her and she can't tell the difference between 1/10th scale buggy and an 1/8th scale truggy
scorpion51503 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
  #8905  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Graham11
Yea i dont know if it is the quality of the plastic itself more the quality of the machining and molding in regards to tolerances, things fit nice.

And yes the wife issue... haha i hadnt even opened my eb48.1 before i was already boxing it up to sell for the .2. I tried explaining why but it was fruitless but she did understand that it was cheaper than buying all the upgrades individually which she knows i would have done so in with the new out with the old(but still new in box)
I just dont tell her what i bought. When she sees me working on it i say ive had it a while, its just been put away. Lol
Hoese37 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM
  #8906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I cheat. I got my wife to race too (2wd buggy and SCT410).
So, I just find a way to make what's coming upgrade something of hers too and can say I'm making more than 1 vehicle better with the purchase.

No .2 for me though, already have most of the parts for it that I had bought along with my last EB48 to build it how I wanted. I think the only thing I'm missing is lightened balls and the offset case. I'll probably get the offset case, but that should pretty well do it for me.
justpoet is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:53 PM
  #8907  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know what the Tekno 450 and 350 shock oils translate into Associated oils?

Thanks guys!
McGuire is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
  #8908  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,389
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

lol. For me we run separate accounts, so no complaining when I buy an RC Car or when she buys her Coach Bags.
Cain is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM
  #8909  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Haha my wife would never drive one herself so that's not an option haha, she might get dirty and we all know dirt kills as many people as drunk drivers
Graham11 is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
  #8910  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Racer591
Does anyone know what the Tekno 450 and 350 shock oils translate into Associated oils?

Thanks guys!
350=30wt
450=37wt
Hoese37 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.