Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
This is awesome, thanks alot. I got it on preorder from AMAIN. Hoping you dont have any more production issues!
You got your eye on this one too? Im up in the air over this or the mugen as you well know. Ill wait until its out a bit for parts because no matter how well its made..ILL break it...lol.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
We're still trying for mid-July. The factory didn't machine the steering posts correctly so they are redoing them as fast as they can. There have been a couple other production delays, but we're managing everything with minimal impact so far. We may have a more definitive date next week if we don't find any more production issues. We don't see any huge delays or issues as of now.
Sweet. hoping to have it for the Byrons Race in Omaha at Hobby Plex july 27 you have race there before do you think one of your base line setups will be close for that track/dirt?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magoo_lc1
You got your eye on this one too? Im up in the air over this or the mugen as you well know. Ill wait until its out a bit for parts because no matter how well its made..ILL break it...lol.
I own a mugen and it is the most breakable car that ive own by the moment, i just will wait to look if the car handles well, and have not any issues like bending the chassis or other big issues.

If you want a bullet proof car get a xray 808.

Can anyone tell me who is the distributor in europe?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patxeik
I own a mugen and it is the most breakable car that ive own by the moment, i just will wait to look if the car handles well, and have not any issues like bending the chassis or other big issues.

i own a mbx6 eco and a nitro mbx6 and i have never broken a single part and one of the kits i have had since the x6 release in nov 08.

so i would venture to say maybe some bad luck as its a very good/durable car.

based on my tekno experience so far i would venture to say this will rank higher than the ae/losi and be very similar to a mugen/kyosho/xray.

just my .02 and speculation.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I spoke to the folks at Tekno and he told me to post this up for anyone like myself that has questions:

Maintenance is very easy and simple. Definitely no harder than others and a little easier in a lot of cases.

Parts support will be very good. You can order directly from us or through one of our dealers. For example, A Main Hobbies will be fully supporting the car as will many other hobby shops. LHS support will vary, but it's safe to say it won't be supported very well by smaller shops.

Spares pricing will not be as expensive as Serpent or Kyosho, but not as cheap as HB. Spares will be in the Losi/Mugen range mostly.

JC, FTW and PL will be receiving kits for consideration to make bodies. Considering how well pre-orders are going I would assume they will want to support the car with bodies and such.

Please feel free to post this in the thread, I think a lot of people would be interested in this info. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by magoo_lc1
I spoke to the folks at Tekno and he told me to post this up for anyone like myself that has questions:

Maintenance is very easy and simple. Definitely no harder than others and a little easier in a lot of cases.

Parts support will be very good. You can order directly from us or through one of our dealers. For example, A Main Hobbies will be fully supporting the car as will many other hobby shops. LHS support will vary, but it's safe to say it won't be supported very well by smaller shops.

Spares pricing will not be as expensive as Serpent or Kyosho, but not as cheap as HB. Spares will be in the Losi/Mugen range mostly.

JC, FTW and PL will be receiving kits for consideration to make bodies. Considering how well pre-orders are going I would assume they will want to support the car with bodies and such.

Please feel free to post this in the thread, I think a lot of people would be interested in this info. Thanks.
Great info man! I love this thing so far, just looking at it. There are some folks who are asking alot of questions, and Tekno just keeps coming back with answers.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

How about an update on the blog

EB48:Part 4 ??????????
Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jf45
How about an update on the blog

EB48:Part 4 ??????????
Word...
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Great info man! I love this thing so far, just looking at it. There are some folks who are asking alot of questions, and Tekno just keeps coming back with answers.
Yea ive been impressed with the quickness of the question answering. It still will take a bit more to pull my pennies from the mugen.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like the Tekno website had been updated with replacement and upgrade parts for the EB48 for those that want a closer look. $15 retail for suspension arms, not bad It looks like it will come with a white wing? Little bummed it donsn't come out of the box with lightened outdrives or the cool wheel hubs in all of the pictures. Although I do think the machining work on the shock towers, chassis and motor mount looks amazing.

http://www.teknorc.com/product-category/eb48-parts/

http://www.teknorc.com/product-categ...-option-parts/
Old 06-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Oldanski311
Looks like the Tekno website had been updated with replacement and upgrade parts for the EB48 for those that want a closer look. $15 retail for suspension arms, not bad It looks like it will come with a white wing? Little bummed it donsn't come out of the box with lightened outdrives or the cool wheel hubs in all of the pictures. Although I do think the machining work on the shock towers, chassis and motor mount looks amazing.

http://www.teknorc.com/product-category/eb48-parts/

http://www.teknorc.com/product-categ...-option-parts/
Great info, cant wait for this car!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by patxeik

The mbx6 is supposed to be strong. At least it is for most of the drivers. But its design is far from being as good as the EB48.. The eco is just a conversion, the tekno is a purpose built electric buggy.

I had two 808 that I converted in brushless and I wouldn't recommend it because of its bearings problems.

Anyway the EB48 is the best car on the market on the paper today, time will tell if it's reliable enough to be the best car on the track too. You have to keep in mind new cars will always have little problems and it's totally normal. That's why I would wait a bit before buying an EB48
Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I got to take a look at Austin Blair's EB48 today. It looks great in person. He told me that he has only broken one arm and that was because of a mid air collision. I asked him if I should order springs, sway bars or any hop ups and he told me that he is just running the car as provided from Tekno.

I can't wait to get mine.

Last edited by ChrisAttebery; 06-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Tekno website say " EB48 FAQ

What is the release date of the EB48 1/8th Electric Buggy?

We are currently working to ship the EB48 kits at the end of July 2012."
Old 06-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

It looks like the eb48 will not have easy acces to the center differential like the mugen eco does, so we will need to remove one center diff support to take it out? One thing to improve in my opinion Tekno.
At least it looks like the front/rear diff are installing hinge pins and not threaded hinge pins like the mbx6 and 808 (stock). It is a pain to remove all hinge pins to get acces to the diffs, and specially when its near impossible to screw on the nut in the fronts hinge pins of the mugen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.