Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they are too pretty to get dirty!!!!!lmao....also so slick dirt doesn't stick to them!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mointr
Why are those off road EB48s lacking a coating of dust?
They must be going so fast it blows off.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well I spray by buggy with CRC 6-56 marine protectant the day before race day . It pretty much keeps dust and moist dirt off the buggy for about 3 -4 runs after than it starts to ware off ... The good thing about the CRC is if u get a light coat over car it dries without a oily film . Love this stuff
Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
This pretty much explains my same situation. Cali setups are pretty much useless down here as we never see that amount of traction. They have clay, we got dirt. 2 different worlds.
Indeed. It would be nice to see more sponsored guys outside of the single state and in varying conditions, especially if they will assist in setup sheets. I've always considered those sheets as VERY basic guidelines but commonly end up quite a bit off due to the kind of the single focus of most sponsored drivers.

And don't get me started about all the sponsored guys crying at the big events because the outdoor tracks don't perform like indoor blue groove
Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
Indeed. It would be nice to see more sponsored guys outside of the single state and in varying conditions, especially if they will assist in setup sheets. I've always considered those sheets as VERY basic guidelines but commonly end up quite a bit off due to the kind of the single focus of most sponsored drivers.

And don't get me started about all the sponsored guys crying at the big events because the outdoor tracks don't perform like indoor blue groove
Danny set me up as a team driver and i am in florida. My setups are usually for dusty tracks but i do have some for high bite. I will try to help out as best as i can. The local guys here have set up there cars with my setup and have been very happy with there cars. My setups are different than alot of what the other team guys run but so is the surface i run on. I run similar setups to them on medium and high bite.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

I noticed that one of the max amps guys has an eb48 with the castle 2200 motor and a 150c battery. How in the world do you even drive that
Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Danny set me up as a team driver and i am in florida. My setups are usually for dusty tracks but i do have some for high bite. I will try to help out as best as i can. The local guys here have set up there cars with my setup and have been very happy with there cars. My setups are different than alot of what the other team guys run but so is the surface i run on. I run similar setups to them on medium and high bite.
Sounds like we run on similar tracks, I'm having a hard time getting this thing dialed in to my style. Of course only getting to the track once a week or every two weeks for a couple hours doesn't help either.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have been putting my eb in my truck and stopping at the track a couple times a week to try new setup stuff, back when I ran for losi I think I took go granted the local help with setup, coming up with my own setup is taking longer than I would like.. We have a big local turnout but I like to stick with what I have for a day an try and drive it faster each qualifier.. With box stock setup I got a ton of interest locally tho!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by w_dupree
Sounds like we run on similar tracks, I'm having a hard time getting this thing dialed in to my style. Of course only getting to the track once a week or every two weeks for a couple hours doesn't help either.
Try out the setup i posted and see what you think. It has been working really well for me on the loose surfaces.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well fellas, I tried the CSI blue Kyosho pistons tonight, 35F and 30R, and it was WAY TOO stiff. The car sucked in the whoop section. I'm thinking 30F and 25R would be much better. Does anyone have any experience with the CSI pistons?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks, yea I saved that one for reference. The track I run on is outdoor, and it usually rains once a week. Saturday night is club race night, starts off with the track watered but then dries up if its not watered between rounds. That can make it loose, if it is watered through the night the grip is amazing.

Then on Sunday there's a really good groove built up but if it rains the groove is gone. This car must have a really small window for the perfect setup, but I will find it. Right now Door's setup is on it except diffs are 7k/5k/1k, shocks are stock piston's Losi 35f/30r and k car light blue's up front and orange in back. Also the least amount of anti squat and longest wheelbase. I am also going to try the mechanical brakes.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
Well fellas, I tried the CSI blue Kyosho pistons tonight, 35F and 30R, and it was WAY TOO stiff. The car sucked in the whoop section. I'm thinking 30F and 25R would be much better. Does anyone have any experience with the CSI pistons?
what springs were you running?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rythby
what springs were you running?
Yellow fronts, and Red rears. If I dropped the car from 18" off of the bench, it wouldn't chassis slap.

I think I liked the stock yellows all the way around a little better. I've played around with many different spring, piston, fluid combinations. Not having much luck right now.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
I like 8 hole 1.3mm pistons with 45wt front and 35wt rear with Tekno green springs front and rear. When the track is real rutty, I change to pink springs front and rear. I find that the softer setup really helps absorb the bumpy sections.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by protc3
I like 8 hole 1.3mm pistons with 45wt front and 35wt rear with Tekno green springs front and rear. When the track is real rutty, I change to pink springs front and rear. I find that the softer setup really helps absorb the bumpy sections.
I think I'll try yellows all the way around and drop 7.5wt out of the shocks.

Pink all the way around? Does it handle the big jumps too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.