Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howse View Post
Just finished the rear end tonight before bed, I had a hard time with the rear camber links, am I really suppose to tighten them to the size on the manual? The size says 33.60 but I have no idea on the measurement. When I try to even go by the line on the manual by placing the camber down on it, theirs no way I can tighten it that much.
The photo in the book just tells you where to measure from point to point. You will need calipers to measure exact or just get close for now the set it up with the wheels on by using camber gauge.i measured the picture and it is 20.30mm
Old 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I used a crescent wrench on the end to hold it while I cranked them in. It takes some effort the first time.

Originally Posted by howse View Post
Just finished the rear end tonight before bed, I had a hard time with the rear camber links, am I really suppose to tighten them to the size on the manual? The size says 33.60 but I have no idea on the measurement. When I try to even go by the line on the manual by placing the camber down on it, theirs no way I can tighten it that much.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

[QUOTE=sffan15;11149067]We should start a page that shows a simplistic diagram of all of these things. Would be cool to include a list of terms used too, and description/picture. Would be good for some parts too. For instance, Danny talks about the akerman plate, and I bet alot of people go "who?" A list w/pics would be so simple to make. EB48 wiki anyone?

Like this!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi View Post
Like this!!!
Yea, But it needs to be bigger or clearer. I cant read that. Looks like a cool reference chart though!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Yea, But it needs to be bigger or clearer. I cant read that. Looks like a cool reference chart though!!
Pm an e-mail and I can send a PDF
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3racers View Post
Did you take anti squat all the way out or go to the middle dot?
I think I took it all the way out. I put which ever one has the hold in the dead center of the insert on both ends of the hinge pin.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ordered my kit a few minutes ago. Now I need to sell some other stuff or the wife isn't going to let me build the new car!! Who wants to buy some onroad stuff?? LOL, jk.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Looking at my slightly wobbly spur gear... Whoever suggested cleaning the little bulge of plastic from the screw hole on the diff cup was right on the money!! That's the fix. Perfectly true spur gear now!! Thanks to whoever that was!! Put that in your build tips section Tekno guys!!! Or better yet, a revision to the diff cup so it has a small chamfer molded into the hole on the diff cup and nothing needs to be trimmed.

Also, question for the tekno guys. I cant get anything smaller than a 15T pinion gear to mesh properly. The motor hits the center brace and keeps it from going in far enough. I am trying to switch from a 4s 1900 motor setup to a 6s 1400 motor setup and I want to run a 14T gear. With the motor touching the center chassis brace the mesh is still a little too loose. It works with the center chassis brace out. I assume I'll just need to take the center brace out to run this setup. Unless there is some other work around I'm not seeing.

I was going to try taking the brace out this weekend anyway but wanted to run it with the brace first and then take it out to get a better feel for the effect it has.

I may be able to dremel a little off the brace and get the extra mm I need, but didnt want to start chopping the car up just yet. LOL.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Still had some leakage from the shocks after this week's mud bowl. I sanded the shock caps as suggested, and I think it will work. I could feel the cap squishing the bladder as it just touched the shock body. I'm crossing my fingers.....
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What size turnbuckle wrench does this thing take? I don't have a single wrench of any kind that fits.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelman17 View Post
The photo in the book just tells you where to measure from point to point. You will need calipers to measure exact or just get close for now the set it up with the wheels on by using camber gauge.i measured the picture and it is 20.30mm
ah, thanks man, I do have a digital caliper but i need to get the battery replaced. i just tightened it to a point and made sure they were both even. So looking forward to finishing the build the weekend.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
What size turnbuckle wrench does this thing take? I don't have a single wrench of any kind that fits.
4mm
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Looking at my slightly wobbly spur gear... Whoever suggested cleaning the little bulge of plastic from the screw hole on the diff cup was right on the money!! That's the fix. Perfectly true spur gear now!! Thanks to whoever that was!! Put that in your build tips section Tekno guys!!! Or better yet, a revision to the diff cup so it has a small chamfer molded into the hole on the diff cup and nothing needs to be trimmed.

Also, question for the tekno guys. I cant get anything smaller than a 15T pinion gear to mesh properly. The motor hits the center brace and keeps it from going in far enough. I am trying to switch from a 4s 1900 motor setup to a 6s 1400 motor setup and I want to run a 14T gear. With the motor touching the center chassis brace the mesh is still a little too loose. It works with the center chassis brace out. I assume I'll just need to take the center brace out to run this setup. Unless there is some other work around I'm not seeing.

I was going to try taking the brace out this weekend anyway but wanted to run it with the brace first and then take it out to get a better feel for the effect it has.

I may be able to dremel a little off the brace and get the extra mm I need, but didnt want to start chopping the car up just yet. LOL.
Right on. Welcome to the 1400 club . I'm running a 16t on a medium sized indoor track(I don't run the brace anyway). Seems fine to me.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Take the brace out or grind it a little bit. Is the track small?

We'll make a note about the spur gear. There is a chamfer on the diff case already, but if you don't thread the screw right in, it can dig out a little bit to the top there. I'll see about making the chamfer a little bigger. Thanks for the verification.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcmiket View Post
Still had some leakage from the shocks after this week's mud bowl. I sanded the shock caps as suggested, and I think it will work. I could feel the cap squishing the bladder as it just touched the shock body. I'm crossing my fingers.....
Are you using the o-rings on the caps still? I tested without them all week with just hand tightening and not a drop came out. I think we will ditch the o-rings in the next instructions/packaging revision. We put them in to be sure the cap was tight and wouldn't work loose, but it may have caused more issues than it solved . That happens sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.