Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
In your opinion, what is the single greatest improvement you have seen against the best handling V4 conversion vehicles you have with the new car?

Same question with the best handling dual pack other manufacturers car?
Single? I guess it would have to be steering/cornerspeed (OK, that's two). These are closely related however. Because the chassis is so narrow, there is less weight on the edges pulling you out of your turn compared to most other buggies. This keeps the car flatter in the corners (less roll) without having to use heavier sway bars. With lighter sway bars and less roll, you have more overall traction. More traction means faster cornering.

With the way RC has developed in the past years, races are now won in the corners. We all have enough power and acceleration, we all have good suspension packages for bumps and jumps. Cornerspeed now plays a larger role in lap times.

This is also where the dual pack layouts suffer a bit. Yes, they are almost as narrow. Aside from the left/right imbalance of the motor vs. ESC/servo on dual pack layouts, they have a lot more weight in the rear of the car than the EB48 does. More weight in the rear does mean more rear traction, but it also means more push on power. It's the on-power steering characteristics of a weight-forward layout combined with the weight being centered that gives the EB48 an edge on the track.

Every manufacturer is trying to center the weight and get it forward for better steering. We believe we've optimized the layout in this regard.

Last edited by teknorc; 05-02-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: more info
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Is there any vid of the running prototype?
Here's Blair running it and beating the rest of the competition handily at my local track, NorCal Hobbies. When I talked to him a bit, he mentioned that just switching to the new car dropped a couple seconds off of his lap times, and he was still working out a couple things to get even faster with it. You can really see the increased cornering speed in a few spots of this. Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by justpoet; 05-02-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you so much for the vid! I love how it handles, soooo nimble and light looking I think I just found the future replacement buggy for my nitro conversions..
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teknorc
We worked out as many issues as possible during testing, but we aren't going to be shocked if issues pop up that we didn't experience. Once you get a car (or a hop-up part) into the market, there is almost always something that comes up. We've been dealing with plastics and metals for many years so hopefully we don't have issues any of that.

Let JP know that all of the spare parts lists and prices will be sent this week. Thanks!
I just sent him a message, thanks

I wish you all the success this buggy and you guys deserve, this is the first time I would be ready to spend my money on a brand new 1/8 e-buggy
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I just sent him a message, thanks

I wish you all the success this buggy and you guys deserve, this is the first time I would be ready to spend my money on a brand new 1/8 e-buggy
LOL, Come to think of it, other than the Hyper 9E, I don't think I have bought any 1/8 electric brand new myself since I go through vehicles pretty often. The Tekno V4 D8 I have though makes it hard to sell as I like it so much.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
Here's Blair running it and beating the rest of the competition handily at my local track, NorCal Hobbies. When I talked to him a bit, he mentioned that just switching to the new car dropped a couple seconds off of his lap times, and he was still working out a couple things to get even faster with it. You can really see the increased cornering speed in a few spots of this. Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Damn!!! you got my money tekno That thing looks nimble as a 1/10 scale 4wd buggy on a tiny indoor track!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Damn!!! you got my money tekno That thing looks nimble as a 1/10 scale 4wd buggy on a tiny indoor track!!!
It did look very good out there , not to take anything away from Blair though he's one of those guys that can be fast with whatever hes wheelin .

Cain , Im with you , I love by V4 D8 but this thing looks like it might be a real game changer ......
Old 05-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

LOL, Come to think of it, other than the Hyper 9E, I don't think I have bought any 1/8 electric brand new myself since I go through vehicles pretty often. The Tekno V4 D8 I have though makes it hard to sell as I like it so much.
Buy a Tekno, keep the one you prefer, sell the other..
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
Hey that EB48 Looks good, I really like the wiring layout with the MMM and CC2200kv motor. Who ever built that kit did a nice job.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Depending on how things I may just hang on to the D8 for my kids. The middle child likes 1/8 electric better than she did 1/10 SCT.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Out of curiosity do you know what combo and electronics was used in the vid?

Depending on how things I may just hang on to the D8 for my kids. The middle child likes 1/8 electric better than she did 1/10 SCT.
Happy kids! I have more pleasure driving a 1/8 buggy than a SCT too actually
Now we will have to wait arghhhhh
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Austin was running a 1/10th scale Castle Mamba max pro speed controller and a Castle 1/10th scale 2400kv Short course motor.

Last edited by steve blair; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

This is excellent. I ran a MMP and a SCT motor a year ago for indoor application on my converted 808 and at first no one trusted me .. I still have the MMP on the last Durango I converted .

What motor exactly, a 1415?
Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

The 1415 is correct. Austin changed the rotor for the bigger pinions
Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Great choice, do you have any idea of the weight of the buggy? It looks very light I don't know if it's just a feeling but..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.