Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldanski311
Hurry up FedEx, just put my building pants on.
Ditto Brother mine is due in tomorrow!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marco926
so should those o-rings fully go inside the caps ???
The o-rings do not go inside the shock caps. They go on the actual shock body threads....then the bladder....then the cap.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just ordered a couple of the A-Spec Nano Tech shorties to try. They should be here about the same time as my car so I will update when I get it running.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Magnum PSI
The o-rings do not go inside the shock caps. They go on the actual shock body threads....then the bladder....then the cap.
i know what you mean, but i just mean that when i fully tighten down the cap, will the cap cover the whole o-ring inside (talking the top cap)

thanks first
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Started the build and just about to build the shocks. I have the front and rear end attached to the chassis.

For those of you starting your build, here are a few things I've noticed (they have been mentioned in past posts, but I'll state again here which means you will probably have to deal with these things as well during your build).

These are the only actual issues I've had. No showstoppers by any means. Absolutely fabulous build other than the first 3 issues listed above

Lastly, I do have a question. What is the stock insert setting for the b-plate? It looks like the stock position is centered, but my eyes can be playing tricks on me and it can also look like 1 down.
          Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
          Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the center diff rubbing too but put on a 7th shim and it solved the problem.
          Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
          Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What i noticed with the center diff is that when you screw the spur gear on to the diff housing, the thread bulges the mounting surface just a hair causing the spur gear to not run perfectly true. The slightest bit of wobble will make the spur rub the cover. I just removed the screws and countersunk the holes and it was good. Too many shims will cause too much load on the bearings and they will eventually sieze. Be careful as there isnt much room for more shimming.
          Old 08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
          Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Nice catch.

While I'm disappointed that my EB48 is just getting here tonight I appreciate that you guys are posting solutions to the issues you've found. There's a slight chance that I might actually be able to run mine tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to start building it tonight and work on it between heats tomorrow.

Originally Posted by protc3
          What i noticed with the center diff is that when you screw the spur gear on to the diff housing, the thread bulges the mounting surface just a hair causing the spur gear to not run perfectly true. The slightest bit of wobble will make the spur rub the cover. I just removed the screws and countersunk the holes and it was good. Too many shims will cause too much load on the bearings and they will eventually sieze. Be careful as there isnt much room for more shimming.
          Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM
          Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My car is all together now just waiting for the electronics install. I wont make it to tomorrow's race with it as i want to take my time. I am going to run my Serpent tomorrow. Next race it will be all EB-48. This is one sick car. I really like how light it is and how everything so so close to center-line. Definitely a bad ass ride. I will keep you posted on my first outing with it when i take it out.
          Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM
          Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
          My car is all together now just waiting for the electronics install. I wont make it to tomorrow's race with it as i want to take my time. I am going to run my Serpent tomorrow. Next race it will be all EB-48. This is one sick car. I really like how light it is and how everything so so close to center-line. Definitely a bad ass ride. I will keep you posted on my first outing with it when i take it out.
          Document your lap times this week with the serpent and then compare it to the Tekno.
          Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
          Tech Adept

About done with my build. everything is assembled but the shocks. decided it would be a good idea to do them when I'm not half asleep. I will say that so far this has been the most enjoyable and smooth build ever. Everything goes in its place and anything you could ever think of that might make working on or driving this buggy even the tiniest bit better has been done. Its such a masterpiece that sometimes I just look at it and drool. I think I'm in love.

About the problem with the balls not going into the rod ends. It will work. I squished mine in a vice and at first it didn't seem to work, but a little pressure to the side of the turn buckle and it popped right on. later i figured out it doesn't take much force at all, just a little bend to line up the ball, they are smooth and free.

On a side note, I figured out an easy way to mod the wing mount in order to put the DNX408 wing on it. I'm sorry for tampering with your beautiful buggy Tekno, but it is the most baddest ass thing you have eva seen. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thank you Tekno, for the wonderful experience of building this kit and I hope to be even more impressed once I drive it, thank you and goodnight
          Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM
          Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldanski311
          About done with my build. everything is assembled but the shocks. decided it would be a good idea to do them when I'm not half asleep. I will say that so far this has been the most enjoyable and smooth build ever. Everything goes in its place and anything you could ever think of that might make working on or driving this buggy even the tiniest bit better has been done. Its such a masterpiece that sometimes I just look at it and drool. I think I'm in love.

About the problem with the balls not going into the rod ends. It will work. I squished mine in a vice and at first it didn't seem to work, but a little pressure to the side of the turn buckle and it popped right on. later i figured out it doesn't take much force at all, just a little bend to line up the ball, they are smooth and free.

On a side note, I figured out an easy way to mod the wing mount in order to put the DNX408 wing on it. I'm sorry for tampering with your beautiful buggy Tekno, but it is the most baddest ass thing you have eva seen. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thank you Tekno, for the wonderful experience of building this kit and I hope to be even more impressed once I drive it, thank you and goodnight
          are you going to bring that thing out to dirt burners anytime soon?
          Old 08-18-2012, 05:09 AM
          Tech Addict

Anyone else having trouble with the shocks? I built them with zero rebound, cranked down the caps, cycled the shocks, and all seemed good. After I installed the dust boots and springs, I cycled the shocks again, and heard air!! I mean a lot of air! Now, I've built hundreds of shocks (racing for 20 years) and have never had this problem. I made sure the bladder was fully seated, and the cap was tight as can be without breaking anything. I might try some Mugen bladders. After three tries at 2 am, I gave up and went to bed. Any thoughts?
          Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM
          Tech Addict

Overall this is a very good first effort for Tekno. I'm a little worried about the "light duty" nature of some of the parts, and the fit and finish of some components could be improved, but otherwise a great job. This chassis screams "race me!" like no other I've had. If I get the build finished today, I'll be racing her tomorrow and will report back.
          Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 AM
          Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
          Default Tekno rc question

Are there any other companies that are going to be making bodies like FLM or Biddy Design?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.