Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HELP: SCRT-10 pulls to the right on hard acceleration. >

HELP: SCRT-10 pulls to the right on hard acceleration.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP: SCRT-10 pulls to the right on hard acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)
Default HELP: SCRT-10 pulls to the right on hard acceleration.

I have an SCRT-10 that I really like, my only complaint is that if I give it full throttle from a standing start, it pulls to the right a little bit. I'm running a HK 120amp esc, Tacon 3500KV motor on 2S. Shocks are recently setup with 60wt white springs full compression. Full Droop. Not sure what else could be causing it. There's no wheel being bound up either.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scottgir
I have an SCRT-10 that I really like, my only complaint is that if I give it full throttle from a standing start, it pulls to the right a little bit. I'm running a HK 120amp esc, Tacon 3500KV motor on 2S. Shocks are recently setup with 60wt white springs full compression. Full Droop. Not sure what else could be causing it. There's no wheel being bound up either.
the steering system will usually have play in it back and forth, so maybe it only has play to the right so thats the way its pulling i would check that (not for sure if thats what it is though just something to try)
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has it always done that, or is it something new? My SCTE has always done that and I always assumed it was just torque steer.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

RCDUDER, there is a little play in the steering but nothing more than any other "good quality" car that I own. I appreciate the thinking. I have a feeling it'll be something either "that's the way it is" or something odd.

MX304, The truck is new to me, got it in a trade. I really like it, this is my only complaint. It could be torque steer but as much as I hate to admit this, I have a Hobbyking Trooper (center diff 4WD short course) and ran the same system in it, and it didn't do this, would hate to think that Hobbyking has a better drive system than Jammin or Losi.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scottgir
RCDUDER, there is a little play in the steering but nothing more than any other "good quality" car that I own. I appreciate the thinking. I have a feeling it'll be something either "that's the way it is" or something odd.

MX304, The truck is new to me, got it in a trade. I really like it, this is my only complaint. It could be torque steer but as much as I hate to admit this, I have a Hobbyking Trooper (center diff 4WD short course) and ran the same system in it, and it didn't do this, would hate to think that Hobbyking has a better drive system than Jammin or Losi.
i know this may sound wierd but it could also be something in the rear making the axles or tranny or even the wheels bind which slows it down on that side making it pull to that side if you get what im saying
Old 04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
i know this may sound wierd but it could also be something in the rear making the axles or tranny or even the wheels bind which slows it down on that side making it pull to that side if you get what im saying
yeah, I would check your bearing...
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try a little toe out in the front. You can't get rid of the play. The toe out will keep you straight during take off. While the wheels are toe out, and you give it gas they will then move to the straight position. It worked for me on a hyper tt.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

this may sound weird, but try this. Give your RIGHT REAR spring collar one FULL turn. I have found that all springs are not the same and what you may be experiencing is a weak spring issue. No big deal, just compensate with the shock collar. I have tested many springs on a dyno and have found that it doesn't matter who made it, there will be differences.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, I'll check out the rear end as well as look at some toe out.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

The rear end was fine, I was tinkering with the front tires to try out some toe out. Toe out helped but also hindered my cornering, but what I did find was the front tires weren't set equal (camber and toe) so I was tinkering with that. That seems to be the culprit. It seems the SCRT-10 (and maybe the Losi SCTE) is VERY susceptible to any slight inconsistancies in the front tires.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcduder
This.

I had the exact same problem and i found out it was the cvd pin that was too long and that = entire wheel not spinning freely.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Also depending on track and what level of grip there is, it could be uneven wear on the tires that does it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For me was either dirty rear or bad bearing in the rear, droop not set right or in high traction situations not good weight balance if you use a regular 550 motor. I added weight 1.5 oz to battery side using a 550 and it balances the truck out so it turns equally well left or right.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
this may sound weird, but try this. Give your RIGHT REAR spring collar one FULL turn. I have found that all springs are not the same and what you may be experiencing is a weak spring issue. No big deal, just compensate with the shock collar. I have tested many springs on a dyno and have found that it doesn't matter who made it, there will be differences.
Listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about! I bet it pulls to the right on accel and slightly to the left on hard braking. Your crossweight is off. I see this all the time. I have a crossweight setup station that remedies this problem, but you can setup your crossweight by seeing how your buggy accelerates and decelerates on the straightaway. That is how I setup my crossweight when I don't have my crossweight station at the track.

What is happening is on accel, you have too much weight on the left rear, that is why ohiostatechamp said to preload the right rear, so it balances the weight. But when you preload one side, you have to take it out of the other side to maintain the proper ride height. Also, it may be the front right shock with too much preload loading the left rear too!

So, I offer a slightly different recommendation. Add one full turn of preload to the right rear and left front, and take out one turn of preload at the left rear and right front. If it is still doing it, repeat it a couple times.

Here is a friends balanced SC104x4. If your SCRT was as balanced as this, it would not veer to the right or left on accel or decel.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Check your front,center and rear diff oil. they get black that cause the problem. change diff. oil every 15 races or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.