Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS Problem HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tekin RS Problem HELP !

Hello everyone, I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a Tekin RS and I had it hooked to the hotwire and made a changed and when it was saving my laptop froze and I had to power it down in the middle of it saving the new settings. Now when I hook the esc to the hotwire I get the light on the esc like normal but the hotwire software can't connect to the esc. I have tried running an update with no luck. I don't know what to try next. If I plug the esc into the reciever I don't get any lights on the esc, my steering works so it's passing power through to the reciever, I just have nothing as far as throttle goes. I'm affraid I have an expensive paper weight now. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Did you try and just factory reset it without the hotwire? Ive had a similar issue before where the software or computer has frozen. Look in the manual, there has got to be a factory reset/default type button combo to set it back to like it came out of the box
Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

i have an rs on the way and if that works for you,, thank you in advance just in case i run into the same issue
Old 04-14-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

it is not a paper weight contact tekin on live chat monday
Old 04-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Have you bound it to the radio? Try to load the old software, then update it to the new one. Had a similar problem with a racer's RS Pro at the track one day. It took a while but it finally worked. Also try the "official" Tekin thread next time.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...s-offroad.html
Old 04-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Got it figured out. I had an older version of the software so I removed it and loaded the latest they have up on the hotwire site. Got that done and it found the esc and I was able to reconfigure it. Thank goodness... and thanks for the responses.