Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion >

Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion

Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion

Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Associated RC8 WRC Rally Conversion

So I have a RC8 Nitro I tore apart and decided I want a rally car that can really do something. I have already done this with a Short Course Truck conversion and it works great! Why not make my rally car BA too! My issue is trying to find 1/8 scale rally bodies that are available. I have searched all over for the Kyosho 1/8 body and its measurements would work perfectly but it seems those have fallen of the face of the earth. I have seen some other manufactures of a cheap 1/8 scale but no options to buy the body. It looks like HPI is releasing a 1/8 rally car so maybe more bodies will be available in the short future. I am really looking for a Subaru due to the fact I drive an 07 Impreza. Can anyone help with a search for a body that would work for this!

I wont have a problem mounting the body as I have creative ways of doing that I just need help finding the body, anyone that could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I will post pictures of the progress as soon as the forum lets me I am new to the site but well versed to the hobby!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, lets do some smalltalk here until you have 10 posts which in turn will make you able to post pics here

I have done this conversion, i have a thread here about it with the same car as yours. The Impreza from Kyosho looks great to be 1/8th scale, most bodies like this looks a bit too chubby except from this. But it has its price though...

The problem with HPI's WR8 is that it has a width of 220-and-something mm, while most 1/8 scale cars are 305 mm width. In terms of scale appearance i think it is great as it don't have this earlier mentioned chubbyness.

Here is where i bought the body for my car from by the way.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Do you need 10 posts linking thru photobucket or something similar?