Wiki Posts
Search

T4 RTR Clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default T4 RTR Clicking noise

hey,
the truck started making this noise after about 5 packs, i kept using it and it got worse and worse until it wouldn't move and just make this noise which sounded like a gear were stripped, i took it to my LHS and they replaced the gear box to an upgraded one and showed me the old one which had gears stripped. the first run after getting it fixed it makes the same clicking noise and if i go hard on the throttle it will make a worse sound.
sorry if its confusing.
thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's the diff. The T4.1's are known for it (and SC10's). The gears in the diff need shimming so they contact/mesh properly. Take it back to your LHS and let them know or contact Team Associated and they should send you the shims for free.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RatsacK
It's the diff. The T4.1's are known for it (and SC10's). The gears in the diff need shimming so they contact/mesh properly. Take it back to your LHS and let them know or contact Team Associated and they should send you the shims for free.
thanks