Wiki Posts
Search

savage conversion help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default savage conversion help needed

Ok in a nutshell this is where we are. In dealing with enough nitros in my time and getting tired of paying out for motors after gallons on top of fuel i have decided to try my luck at doing the unthinkable and going with the best of both worlds and do an overhaul from nitro to brushless. Now this is going to be on a budget and I will list what I have so far. Right now I have installed the hpi speed passion conversion kit. For the motor I am running a 1800kv tacon motor with a turnigy 160a esc ( not sure if i needed this big of esc but oh well). I am looking to find out about a good low budget servo that i will be able to use with this as it will be strictly for bashing or more or less speed runs. I have been looking at lipos and have came to the conclusion on running 2X 2s lipos in 40c and am considering 3300 size as i am not looking right now to be going at it for 20+ minutes until i know how the heating issue will go. My biggest issue right now is that the motor's wires with bullets are really short (only about 2-3 inches). What i am trying to find out is if there is a way to make sort of an adapter between the esc and the motor or if there is any other way to extend the length of the motor wires in order to place the esc at a comfortable position. Any pics or ideas would definitely be appreciated. I am also looking for any ideas on possible street style tires that i could possibly use with a balance tread that would hug the asphalt just right. Would it be better instead of running dual batteries to just run on 4s battery and figure out how to mount it on the truck. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided