Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ANZA Slash Thread >

ANZA Slash Thread

ANZA Slash Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ANZA Slash Thread

Just thought I would put a thread here to discuss the ANZA Slash LCG Kit. Post pics, setups, race results, etc. Anything ANZA RC related.

Received the chassis kt yesterday and started on the conversion last night. Almost done, just need to place and route electronics. Very well engineered and manufactured. Gonna try something different with the esc placement.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

why isnt this the offical anza thread lol anyways good to see a thread for the anza i'll be getting one soon
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, "Official" does not seem to mean much and wanted let the RCTech users determine if a thread is worthy of becoming the official thread instead of proclaiming it.

Anyway, esc placement....I tend to like short motor wires and I am limited on sensor wire length (with existing wire) so I am playing around with creating a shelf in front of the rear shock tower. The shelf will be CF and the esc is a tekin, so not much weight at play here.

I have the STRC LCG part here as a proof of concept.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been working with mine for a couple of weeks now and although I see a hage difference, I've been struggling to get the Pro-Line control arms to work with the Anza shock towers. I'v done some work in the front and I think I like it, but I just cant get enough ride height from the rear, any suggestions will be tried and appreciated.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
Yeah, "Official" does not seem to mean much and wanted let the RCTech users determine if a thread is worthy of becoming the official thread instead of proclaiming it.

Anyway, esc placement....I tend to like short motor wires and I am limited on sensor wire length (with existing wire) so I am playing around with creating a shelf in front of the rear shock tower. The shelf will be CF and the esc is a tekin, so not much weight at play here.

I have the STRC LCG part here as a proof of concept.

You dont think you can mount that on the chassis floor with a couple of layers of foam in front?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by BillPear
You dont think you can mount that on the chassis floor with a couple of layers of foam in front?
Yes, I looked at that. I was a little concerned with the esc overheating being tucked down in there. I am in the South with Summer heat already, so I was wanting it up to catch some air flow.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

I just picked up a full Anza Slash and looking for shock oil, shock spring and shock location suggestions. Just a baseline set up. Will be running on outdoor slick tracks, mainly for fun. Truck has:

Anza:
chassis
front tower set up
rear tower set up
rear 1* hubs
front 0* caster blocks
HD front axles
HD rear axles
Ti turnbuckles
Traxxas shocks with stock progressive springs.

Have on the way Viper 3900 kV Copperhead system and a Savox servo.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, I looked at that. I was a little concerned with the esc overheating being tucked down in there. I am in the South with Summer heat already, so I was wanting it up to catch some air flow.
I can see your concern with that.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Ok, got almost everything together and just went for a little test run in the street. It seems very well balanced and stable. I got the CF shelf installed to mount the ESC in front of the rear shock tower. Still planning on installing 2 supports using CF hollow rods and 3x45mm screws for reinforcement.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

looking good
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

You could easily take the Tekin and mount it behind the battery and not use that graphite toplate. It will have plenty of cooling. Actually you could easily fit both the speedo and receiver behind the battery since the Tekin is smaller than most other speedos. Would be very easy to do.

Truck does look trick. I like the Anza setup as it is a very nice overall layout.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
You could easily take the Tekin and mount it behind the battery and not use that graphite toplate. It will have plenty of cooling. Actually you could easily fit both the speedo and receiver behind the battery since the Tekin is smaller than most other speedos. Would be very easy to do.

Truck does look trick. I like the Anza setup as it is a very nice overall layout.
Wyd, Agreed. I looked at the placement behind the battery, and for some reason it did not appeal to me. Plus, now I still get the tuning options of moving the battery all the way back.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

where do you get the kit ? Straight from anza or another site ?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Lenman73
where do you get the kit ? Straight from anza or another site ?
Yes, from the ANZA site, great service. It usually ships same day. Got to GA from CA in 3 days!

Also, Hobbytown is a distributor for ANZA, so if you have one nearby pick one up today!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wyd, Agreed. I looked at the placement behind the battery, and for some reason it did not appeal to me. Plus, now I still get the tuning options of moving the battery all the way back.
Got ya. Either way it is a trick looking ride. Sure it works well for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.