R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

cool, look i dont want to be dragged into an argument, but rarely, if ever, are half of these 4wd prototypes anything like what we end up in the shops, yokomo were the masters at this and the 98 one was the same, nothing like the masami special, the xx4 on the other hand is much closer to what is raced by the guns and even if it didnt win the 98, it won a couple of worlds. i still dont really believe u can judge a car on stand alone results anyway

besides all this, all i want to tell people is be wary of predator and as u say i wont be buying one, i;d buy losi, but it looks like 4wd in general is picking up which is a good thing with the kyosho out and gaining numbers and the yokomo out soon, which should actually be like the one raced at the worlds
Bathurst Vintage Enduro - 17th March, 2018 - 1st round of the NSW Vintage enduro Championship
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi all.

I'm poking-around and contemplating getting back into RC after a hiatus of oh... 15 years. My last car was a kyosho Lazer, but thankfully not much has changed in my abscence. I looked into getting back into 4WD buggies a couple years ago, but the scene was rather dead at that time. Glad to see it making a ressurgence.

I just recently found pics of the Predator on their site, as well as having read through pretty much this entire thread (and a few others) concerning that car which was *supposed* to be released back in March (and we're now practically at December's door and still nada). I have to say that from a marketing perspective i'm not very impressed by the way T-Tech has handled it.

The buggy itself looks nothing short of awesome... Very reminiscent of Schumacher's earliest) 2wd buggies with the inboard (quasi F1-style) dampers. Problem is, that Cat suffered terribly on tracks with big jumps, and somehow I get the impression that the Predator may suffer the same troubles.

I was initially very hell-bent on getting one, but aside from the VERY high price tag, if the sluggish production schedule is any indicator, getting spares could be about as pleasant as pulling teeth.

Hopefully those of you who've had a chance to race your cars (or at least GET them) will have good things to say about its performance on-track.

Personally, I'm still on the fence about the Predator and willing to give it a chance, but unless I hear some rave reviews in the near future, I may just opt for a Lazer ZX-5.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My biggest gripe with T-Tech is their lack of updates! If you go to their site and click on New Stuff it says that they will have some New things listed in the next few days. That has been on there for a month now, lol. I like the car but come on, try to stick to your word, at least reasonably! All the updates and info on that sight are very slow. If they would just post info at least every two weeks to let you know what is going on at least you would know, but good god! As far as parts, I have only ordered one batch and did receive them rather quickly, so I have no complaints there. Also someone posted on the Car Action site a web addy for a Canadian importer so I think next time I may try them because they are closer and shipping charges should be cheaper. Also although the New stuff is not listed I do know that some of these New parts are available, like the stainless steel steering link. There are guys on the UK Pred forums that have already bought this part, but like I said they could atleast acknowledge that this is available on the site. Believe it or not though, the car has proven to me to be tougher than even I thought. In the pics it looks as though the arms would be brittle, but if you see and hold the car in person they are actually quite buff, I have yet to break one yet. I haven't been running mine for the past month, been busy, but when I get some real time and runs on it I will know for sure how well it holds up. But so far it has taken some good punishment.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I have learned these cars will only set you back around $350 usd here in the states. The prices on the page must just be speculation. Take a look at the recomended prices for losis and aes, its normaly more then double the street price.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america
Hi all.

I'm poking-around and contemplating getting back into RC after a hiatus of oh... 15 years. My last car was a kyosho Lazer, but thankfully not much has changed in my abscence. I looked into getting back into 4WD buggies a couple years ago, but the scene was rather dead at that time. Glad to see it making a ressurgence.

I just recently found pics of the Predator on their site, as well as having read through pretty much this entire thread (and a few others) concerning that car which was *supposed* to be released back in March (and we're now practically at December's door and still nada). I have to say that from a marketing perspective i'm not very impressed by the way T-Tech has handled it.

The buggy itself looks nothing short of awesome... Very reminiscent of Schumacher's earliest) 2wd buggies with the inboard (quasi F1-style) dampers. Problem is, that Cat suffered terribly on tracks with big jumps, and somehow I get the impression that the Predator may suffer the same troubles.

I was initially very hell-bent on getting one, but aside from the VERY high price tag, if the sluggish production schedule is any indicator, getting spares could be about as pleasant as pulling teeth.

Hopefully those of you who've had a chance to race your cars (or at least GET them) will have good things to say about its performance on-track.

Personally, I'm still on the fence about the Predator and willing to give it a chance, but unless I hear some rave reviews in the near future, I may just opt for a Lazer ZX-5.
I'm not an expert on 4WD off-road, but having seen this car in person at the iHobby show, all i can say is "WOW!" and many manufactures (executives and factory drivers) share similar first impression. From talking to the designer Richard Weatherley who was at the booth, he mentioned that in design of the X10, they definitely kept in mind the big jumps of the US track and he claims that the X10 have every bit as much suspension (if not more) than any 4WD currently on the market. And after playing with the demo car at the booth for a bit, I have to say, Mr. Weatherley might be correct, the X10's got a lot of suspension travel. Parts support and just availablility could be its down fall as I've read in other UK community forums, but one thing you simply can not argue against, this thing is gorgeous in pictures and even more impressive in person.

Steve Wang
Old 12-12-2005, 02:28 AM   #96
BG
Tech Addict

This is an amazing looking car. I had a look at the website and noticed that there are no company details. The email account is a hotmail account. I would love to buy this car but from what I have read about the company dissapearing around the 90's, I am a little shy parting with my money.
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:38 AM   #97
Tech Initiate

Smile TTech Racing Details

Hi all

TTech's details are on the website.

Please click "E Shop" and then "Contact us".

Please contact us anytime.

Best regards
Richard Weatherley
CEO TTech Racing
RWeatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:26 AM   #98
Tech Initiate

Smile

To make finding our address easier in the future, I will have some new links added to the home page.

We stopped making cars in the late 90's due to the recession in off road racing, and our business then focussed upon UK distribution through our company Centre-point.

Once we saw that off-road was growing again we set about making our latest race car the "X10".

"TTech Racing" is now back with its eletrics partner "Vega Power". Vega Power . Net will go on line in the new year.

A large 2nd batch of Predator X10's has just completed manufacture, and and they are now ready for shipping. These clear all current back orders and there are a few cars left in stock at the moment.

Best regards
Richard Weatherley
CEO - Richard Weatherley
RWeatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #99
Tech Initiate

RWeatherley...Dec 20th, and Im having trouble locating this car in the USA. Any suggestions? and aprox what is the street price of this car in the states? I sure hope you guys get parts available. thats is very key. if you do that and show your hear to stay then the car will sell like mad i believe. thankyou
Team3rdStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not sure of any US importers but there is a company in canada at www.dtcrc.com . They have it listed for $639.95, as far as I know of this is the canadian price and the American conversion will be cheaper, not sure how much though. Just do a search for currency converter to find out the conversion price.
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #101
Tech Regular

639.95 CAD
Canada Dollars = 545.920 USD
United States Dollars
mcastor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #102
Tech Initiate

uggh...dat to much They should of found a way to bring this in at a better price. comparable to the other 4wd. I realize this car is innovative but you need to be in the range of the others. Sorta like ur game consoles. Those companies know they need to stay around 300 street to sell. Companies like 3D0 had a great system but priced at near 700. just too much. I realize the X10 may deserve a price of 500 plus. but buyers will just stick with losi etc for their 4wd needs. I do wish I can afford the X10 it would be in my pit thats for sure.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

However they are totally different ways of business. Game console companies can push their prices to the lowest limits to get more popularity so that more developers will make games for their systems. And while the games are sold, the console companies can take profit from commissions since the games are copyrighted under their names and develpment programs.
On the other hand, car makers don't get any direct/physical profit from the aftermarket companies because the parts are not copyrighted. What worths the money is the design and the quality and the effort put in during developments, not to mention they have to "feed" top racers to make the car acknowledged. So the prices will be based in order to cover those costs and keep up the production costs, also different companies have different production level and materials (ie big company can affort mass production lines to cut down labor/material cost while smaller company can only make small production in longer periods), these will also affect the outcome of the final price......Hope my poor english makes some sense.....
ogreasurada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #104
Tech Initiate

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense dude.

Well the 500 price tag will destroy any chance of this car catching on here. Like i said, racers are just going to stick with Losi and Associated.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Team3rdStreet-Please do us a favor and keep your NEGATIVE Opinion to yourself.Your making statements that are opinion and when doing this you can really harm a buisness.Just because YOU think it will destroy their catching on has no truth to it and doesnt need to be said.I see you have 23 post.Humm.Im guessing you maybe a LIL new to the hobby (My Opinion)not having the knowledge to back up your statements.
Tenth Technology has been around a LONG TIME and I can honestly say that the Team losi guys have NEVER been faster than the day Kinwald and a couple of others drove the early versions of TT's 4wd.

#1=Associated doesnt MAKE a 4wd and has said for years it WONT.
The Bj4 is a nice car and also has a HEFTY price tag on it and VERY hard to get and so are parts for the car.While a Killer car this can also be a pain.

#2-Losi has re-released the XX-4 because the XXX-4 on alot of tracks simply doesnt work very well.This car will be popular because of the name LOSI and the ease of Distribution through Horizon.
Not EVERYONE like this car,Not everyone Likes Losi and some people simply want a car nooone else has,performs better than the rest and at times you have to pay extra for this.

The reason I know your knew to this is you havent mentioned and may not even KNOW about the Durango 4wd.This car was upward of $1000.00 and had a line of people wanting to buy the car.So please keep your OPINION of pricing of a car to yourself if it's not backed with Knowledge of the hobby.
You can really do harm to a company like TT with your FALSE statements.

Losi XX-4We-$329.99(If you dont know where to cut the upperplate this car can be a PAIN to work on.Some people dont like belts,much less 3 of them)

BJ4-Car is in the $450.00 range and may need extra ADD on's to make it right.
Do I smell $500.00? Car and Parts can be hard to get but look at the waiting list.People are MORE than willing to wait.
If you purchased the 1st edition of this car it has already had a upgrade of the worlds chassis and other parts moving the batteries to the back of the car.If you purchased the 1st edition Team 3rd Street and do the Upgrade on parts your looking at $600.00-750.00 total.

New Yokomo-When it hits your looking at $329.99 at the lowest they have said to $389.99 and it has alot of hopups you can and may need to buy taking it over $400.00-450.00 in most cases.
Parts MAY or MAYNOT be easy to get.

Kyosho ZX-5-Very cool car and can be found as cheap as $300.00 up towards $339.99 depending on where you buy it.With the parts added to this car to make it durable your close to $400.00-450.00 as well.
Parts are getting easier and easier in america to get for this car.
Finally Kyosho is back!!!!!

Durango-$850.00-1200.00 car and still had a line for it.
Some people simply like the Exotic's and what wins.
If a sponsored Associated Driver drove the X10 to the winners circle and smoked the other cars this car could be $750.00 and people would buy it.

Team 3rd Street-Im not trying to be harsh Im simply explaining why people such as yourself need to watch what they say when it's OPINION BASED and not FACT BASED.While Public Forums are for opinions as such it's NOT when your making comments on a car and product area you know NOTHING about.

Les