R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Between my BJ4we and my Pred. X10 it's a tough choice their both great cars and handle great..... As for the new Pred. XRS it's a more budget friendly X10......the took away the ceramic bearings,front shaft one-way,the chassis and arms are not graphite their a nylon/glass fiber mix...not the nylon/ carbon fiber mix, non titanium nitrate shock shaft's....and a few other little things...but all in all its a X10 just more affordable for most people...it's shoud be just as good as the X10 ...+ it can be upgraded with the X10 parts...its about half the cost of the X10.
X10....572.00
XRS....294.13

I'll prob. buy one as a backup and a play around buggy...

Hope this info helped a bit...
tradhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking xrs

id say the "bj" was aimed at j concepts.as in bj4
Piss on holden
dallasv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #138
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Just heard that the XRS is due out in 2-3 week's..... and might be shipping some out next week....
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #139
Tech Master

just after i posted that comment i got to see one run at a series race and it lookedpretty good. one thing i noticed was it didnt seem to have as much "pop" over the jumps, what i mean is while all the xxx-4s and bj4s were going pretty hight this car was pretty low. that might have been the driver but it still looked pretty good.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #140
Tech Fanatic

hey RCdude....Yes, they fly a bit lower and they are very responsive in the air.... I have 2 bJ4we and their very very comparable in performance...I have a hard time sometimes on which to run..But yes, they seem to be a low flyer
Old 05-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #141

Is it because of the suspension geometry that made it fly low or something else?
Scuad X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #142
Tech Fanatic

Hey Scuad X,
I don't think it's suspension related on why it fly's a low. ( I could be wrong ..... I'm no expert). I think it's more of the aerodynamics of the car.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

could be the setup. softer suspension = less kick...

I got to see the X10 run too. To be honest, I thought it wasn't that great. I couldn't see what tires he was using when the car was running, but it was really squirrely and looked like not much traction... The car did jump lower like rcdude said. The guy also looked like he was way too cautious with the car, so in combination with the low flying, he was not able to clear some of the gaps.

I can understand why he was cautious though. He broke an arm and maybe some more during practice and at $15 a pop, I can understand why he'd be wary of running it hard...
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Hey Killer.....ya he could have the suspension set up soft....sounds like wrong tire choice to me mine's planted. No more twitcher then my BJ4's. If not a bit more planted.

I don't have any prob. clearing jumps .... The thing I've noticed is the X10 jumps way different compared to my other 4wd's. Approching and departing the jumps and in the air.

And ya 15.00 a pop it sucks but I think the car's worth it. I rip mine and don't really have many prob.

What kind of track you guy's run on...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradhunt
Hey Killer.....ya he could have the suspension set up soft....sounds like wrong tire choice to me mine's planted. No more twitcher then my BJ4's. If not a bit more planted.

I don't have any prob. clearing jumps .... The thing I've noticed is the X10 jumps way different compared to my other 4wd's. Approching and departing the jumps and in the air.

And ya 15.00 a pop it sucks but I think the car's worth it. I rip mine and don't really have many prob.

What kind of track you guy's run on...
It was at a series event at Pegasus Hobbies. Grooved up track. High speed with one section that that took some agressiveness to clear... and a pretty large ski jump...
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #146
Tech Adept

Man I forgot how much fun RCing was lol I've been out of it for about 3-4 years and there's so much I want to catch up on lol I want a couple of electrics but I want to also try to get into gas damn this is hard :P
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #147
Tech Fanatic

Ya, sounds like wrong tire choice and bad suspension set-up....
I run on a hard packed track it groove's sometimes.....I usually run taper pin's I'm trying out the Panther's and the Proline Inside Job.'s both seem to be pretty good tire's.
The proline's are really nice.....
We have some pretty good jumps. one is really big. maybe not quite the ski jump you guy's have but pretty close.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #148
Tech Fanatic

Ya MarkieMark.....I took a long break from it and when I came back to it all the new Tech. was imppresive...To many choice's.....But isn't it great....
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #149
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradhunt
Ya MarkieMark.....I took a long break from it and when I came back to it all the new Tech. was imppresive...To many choice's.....But isn't it great....
Ya It's awsome I hope to have a nice a electric and gas buggy by the end of the year (Hopefully :P).
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #150
Tech Initiate

Talking preds

can you buy the x10 and xrs straight off the ttech website?
im thinking ill buy an xrs and a couple of spares packs.
what comes in the spares pack?
mangemutt is offline   Reply With Quote