Search

TS-Gold tire sauce

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

New "Trivial Trivia" up on facebook.

www.facebook.com/trackstarrc

"Like" our page and answer this weeks question for a chance to win a TS-3pak of TS-Gold, TS-Black and TS-1+.

This weeks trivia question is:

"Of all of the disciplines of R/C Car racing. Which one is an IFMAR World Champion Class that has never been won by an American?

Last edited by Racecrafter; 05-29-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

A few of the team guys including myself went out to SDRC last night to get some runs in on the new layout.

Two things we noticed right away was the slight bit of moist loam/dust build up and where the groove is it was a little slick. After a few chassis set up changes I had time to run some comparisons of the two sauces and found something good (or interesting depending on how you look at it)

After the track was blown off and lightly watered it gets that slightly slick top layer until it dries out a little about 10 minutes after. However during this time I sauced with Black about 20 minutes before running and backed it up with Gold 15 minutes after that, towel dried the remainder and went out. Though the track was still a bit slick I had more grip than before just using Gold or Black only.

So.... If you find yourself in the heat right after watering try a double sauce of both finishing with Gold.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
A few of the team guys including myself went out to SDRC last night to get some runs in on the new layout.

Two things we noticed right away was the slight bit of moist loam/dust build up and where the groove is it was a little slick. After a few chassis set up changes I had time to run some comparisons of the two sauces and found something good (or interesting depending on how you look at it)

After the track was blown off and lightly watered it gets that slightly slick top layer until it dries out a little about 10 minutes after. However during this time I sauced with Black about 20 minutes before running and backed it up with Gold 15 minutes after that, towel dried the remainder and went out. Though the track was still a bit slick I had more grip than before just using Gold or Black only.

So.... If you find yourself in the heat right after watering try a double sauce of both finishing with Gold.
Thanks for the intel! Rebars and Vektors?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Tried TS Gold on my B4.1 last night. Ran the first heat without the sauce and fast lap was 30.54. With no setup changes, I ran a 30.16 with the sauce on the front tires (gold Barcodes). The layout was new so I'm sure the added experience accounted for some of the difference in lap times but the car was noticeably looser in the corners which leads me to believe the car had more steering. On the negative side, I'm not a fan of the dauber but they give you the option to use it or the flip up tip on the bottle cap so no complaints from me.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'm glad you liked the sauce. Curious to know why you didn't sauce the rears as well?

The option of the flip top allows those who like the "rag method" or "tooth brush method" to be used.

The rag method is great for saucing just the tread and not the carcass. Keeps the tires themselves from going all "Gummy Bear" on you.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Track Star drivers will be in full force this weekend at SDRC for the Top Gun Shootout.

TS-Gold has been the tire sauce of choice out there and SDRC has plenty in stock as well as TS-Black.

If you have any questions regarding our products or need help with your set up please come see Pres Ilog or myself.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

I'm glad you liked the sauce. Curious to know why you didn't sauce the rears as well?

The option of the flip top allows those who like the "rag method" or "tooth brush method" to be used.

The rag method is great for saucing just the tread and not the carcass. Keeps the tires themselves from going all "Gummy Bear" on you.
I had good rear grip with a slight on power push so I wanted to see what the results would be individually. I'll be back tonight and for the Top Gun event and should have some time to play around with a few different tire combos (running MC Suburbs out back right now).
Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Do you recommend saucing the tread only and not the side wall?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
Do you recommend saucing the tread only and not the side wall?
Depending on what you want from your tires.

We have been experimenting with saucing only the tread. It takes more time to accomplish but as stated it won't allow the carcass of the tire to get "wallowey" or "marshmallowey".

Something I tried this weekend but didn't have time to break them completely in was where we normally use a Super Soft tire and sauce it, I went to a soft and sauced only the tread. The tires felt more stable and I still had really good bite. Needless to say I will break them in and compare back to back with Super softs.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

I stopped by Jimmy's pit on Saturday and talked with him about the sauce and some techniques; he brought up using the Black and Gold combined as mentioned in an earlier post so I gave it a shot and I have to say, there was a noticeable difference on track (not just on the clock). I was running gold Barcodes up front with Proline CC foam and MC Suburbs out back with Proline CC foams. I used TS Gold for the 1st and 2nd qualifiers (tread only) and went with Black 20 minutes prior to my 3rd qual followed by Gold 10 minutes later. Both sets of tires had about 5-6 runs on them and I sauced the whole tire for the 3rd qual. The fronts are noticeably softer but the rears feel about the same. During that 3rd qual my buggy lifted the front end under acceleration a few times which hadnt happened before (road a wheelie about 2/3 down the straight ).
Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

New "Trivial Trivia" up on facebook.

www.facebook.com/trackstarrc

"Like" our page and answer this weeks question for a chance to win a TS-3pak of TS-Gold, TS-Black and TS-1+.

This weeks trivia question is:

"Of all of the disciplines of R/C Car racing. Which one is an IFMAR World Champion Class that has never been won by an American?
Did anyone answer this yet? My guess is 1/8 on-road?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BLbound
Did anyone answer this yet? My guess is 1/8 on-road?
Pat, no facebook?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trivial Trivia time again! www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC

This week we will be playing for a GMK/Track Star prize package of GMK "Shock Snot" & Mobil1 Grease Syringe as well as Track Star Heavy duty body clips & your choice of TS-Gold or TS-Black tire sauce. Bonus question correct answer will receive a bottle of TS-1+

This weeks question is:

"What company produced the first 1/10 electric 4wd off road car that was belt drive?"

Bonus question:

"Who took this car to a Reedy Race of Champions victory?"
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

One more day to answer our "Trivial Trivia" question of the week.

This has been the biggest one yet!

Submit your answer at www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trivial Trivia time!

This week we are playing for a TS-3pak of TS-Gold, TS-Black and TS-1+.

The question is: "This r/c racer has won ROAR and IFMAR titles in both nitro and electric as well as on-road and off road, name him."

hint: I consider him the G.O.A.T. in R/C (and don't cheat by asking me)

go to: www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC to answer. While you are there hit the like button!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.