tyco bandit's

Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tyco bandit's

well this was the first forum i found about rc cars so here we go. my wife made me clean out my closet i have 4 tyco bandits 2 red 2 black dont know very much about them had the since i was 12 been in my closet for a long time not sure if everything works from what i remember last time they were out all four we running great would anybody be interested to buying these?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I LOVED the commercial for those!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktUpGifRrc

To a collector, maybe $200, $50 a piece. Do you have the remotes?

GLWS.

*I'm guessing MANY of the members here will have never seen that commercial till they click on the link!

MOmo
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Rookie

yep remotes batteries and chargers
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Allow me to preface this post by saying I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but rather let you know how it is.

Tyco brand r/c's are a toy. This forum is about hobby grade r/c cars. The main difference between the two is when a toy breaks, it is broken. When a hobby grade car breaks, you buy the $5 part and fix it, or you buy the $10 part and upgrade it. There might be someone out there looking for one of these because they had one way back when they were a kid, before they got a hobby grade r/c and they want it to sit on a shelf next to their replica of their first hobby grade car they just got done restoring. Thow them on eBay, someone will buy them. Here, I doubt anyone will care. We are about shaving 10ths of seconds off lap times, not driving in a circle on the driveway. I do have to commend you on actually posting in the right section. Not to bad for someone that has no clue.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
I LOVED the commercial for those!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktUpGifRrc

To a collector, maybe $200, $50 a piece. Do you have the remotes?

GLWS.

*I'm guessing MANY of the members here will have never seen that commercial till they click on the link!

MOmo
Thai brings back some memories... Nice find!

:
Originally Posted by h8thatadmin View Post
Allow me to preface this post by saying I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but rather let you know how it is.

Tyco brand r/c's are a toy. This forum is about hobby grade r/c cars. The main difference between the two is when a toy breaks, it is broken. When a hobby grade car breaks, you buy the $5 part and fix it, or you buy the $10 part and upgrade it. There might be someone out there looking for one of these because they had one way back when they were a kid, before they got a hobby grade r/c and they want it to sit on a shelf next to their replica of their first hobby grade car they just got done restoring. Thow them on eBay, someone will buy them. Here, I doubt anyone will care. We are about shaving 10ths of seconds off lap times, not driving in a circle on the driveway. I do have to commend you on actually posting in the right section. Not to bad for someone that has no clue.
Pretty harsh man...

For many avid rc racers, the Bandit may have been their first rc car (myself included). It brought back a few memories of how cool the car was for me as a kid, and actually led me into wanting a hobby grade rc. Besides, let the moderators police the forums. If they deem the thread irrelevant or otherwise, they will close it.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

So rude on a new person...why?Could have said it even more rude?Be more polite to the newcomers man.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I would be willing to bet that 95% of us on this forum would admit that our 1st RC was a Tyco which hooked us on the hobby and drove us to the "hobby grade" units.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The r/c that got me hooked as a kid was the tyco turbo hopper...i think it was before the bandit?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

My first RC - Tyco Mutator... SICK TRUCK!!!! And dual 540 motors as well.... Big Daddy back in its day...

Graduated to the Tamiya S10 4x4 Stadium Truck... That was my first hobby grade RC... The mutator would out-pull it!!! But the S10 was faster!!! Lol..
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Last I heard this forum was called RCtech.net not Hobbygrade RCTech.net. Your SN and signature says it all. Obviously you enjoy getting a rise out of people, congratulations you win again (shakes angry fist). While I am like you, in the form that I read this forum for it's usefulness regarding my hobby grade vehicles. Not everybody who reads this forum are racers. Many are crawlers, bashers or even collectors. Many of the Toy-grade RC vehicles were the first vehicles to expose us to RC in the first place. Because of this, many of the older vehicles have sentimental value, which have also placed a premium on older out of production models, thus making them COLLECTOR RC vehicles. Yep, while not your cup of tea, I think they definitely belong here. Maybe, they should have been posted in the Vintage section, but it was a nice stroll down memory lane for many people who read this thread and watched the commercial. Ok, rant over.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

WTF? Did you just get dumped or something mate? You sound like Comic Book Guy!

Seems like a perfectly legit query to me, I remember my first rc was a Metro Scorcher which we thought was fast as until the kid next door got a jethopper, game over!
Attached Thumbnails tyco bandit's-images.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

He's the new guy with just over 100 posts who runs this forum!! We are at his mercy!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

There are some cvolltors of RC toys like Nikko on www.tamiyaclub.com. Give it a try there.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I had a bandit when I was a kid I totally forgot about that truck prior to this post. It does bring back some great memories!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My first was the Nikko Big Bubba 4wd truck. It looked just like a Clod Buster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.