Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The rules?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

SC8 wheels are compatible with normal SC tires I thought. Most local clubs shouldn't give you too much grief if you are running sc tires. A 17mm conversion isn't an advantage if you are running SC8 wheels or the aforementioned 17mm wheels from DE racing.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by henry
SC8 wheels are compatible with normal SC tires I thought. Most local clubs shouldn't give you too much grief if you are running sc tires. A 17mm conversion isn't an advantage if you are running SC8 wheels or the aforementioned 17mm wheels from DE racing.
Ahh, I thought they were bigger. If it's just the hex, nobody will notice. I've seen people running 1/8th buggy wheels on 1/10th SC, so I thought (clearly wrong) that the SC8 tires would be similar to truggy tires in diameter...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't have a local track or club anymore. It's more if I go away to race and get knocked back because of something so little for a crap driver like myself.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by h8thatadmin
The level of talent in Australia is a bit lower than alot of the other places in the world. For example the highest placing Australian at the 2011 IFMAR Electric Worlds was 66th in 2wd and 59th in 4wd. In fact the top Australian only beat 1 driver from the U.S. The U.S. driver was Zach Rogers in 4wd. I have raced with Zach and have been on his pace, and I have got a lot faster since the last time I raced him too. Now maybe he has got faster too, but still Australians just are not that fast on a global scale. The faster you are, the more in touch you are with your car. A new guy is not going to notice inconsistencies in their car due to sidewall flex, vs the inconsistency in their driving whether they are in the U.S. or Australia, but in the U.S. we have a lot more people that would be able to tell. Go ahead and glue up the same tread and compound tires, with the same inserts on SC8 wheels, and regular 2.2/30 SCT wheels, and see how many people can tell the performance difference.
Douche bag comment.......sorry not all Americans are this lame.