Search

Team Associated SC10.2 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
I am running a 13 pinion and it seems to be just right for my track.
im assuming this is WCRC. there is no way in hell my truck can keep up with anything with a 13t, 17.5s would probably pass me on the straight. im running a pro4 4600kv, currently im geared with a 16t and it still feels slow, i added a little timing and it feels decent. but my scte with the same setup would definately destroy this thing on the straight. fortunately the car handles so much better than the scte that my laptimes are faster.

im trying to find more power right now, the pro4 isnt enough motor. with my setup i currently temp 160s
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
im assuming this is WCRC. there is no way in hell my truck can keep up with anything with a 13t, 17.5s would probably pass me on the straight. im running a pro4 4600kv, currently im geared with a 16t and it still feels slow, i added a little timing and it feels decent. but my scte with the same setup would definately destroy this thing on the straight. fortunately the car handles so much better than the scte that my laptimes are faster.

im trying to find more power right now, the pro4 isnt enough motor. with my setup i currently temp 160s
So is wcrc allowing them to run in the 4x4sc class? I was hoping a 13 or 14 would be enough...seems thats what the mugen guys are gearing. Did you do any other weight savings?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh

Now I think you might have read too much into my post. You may have this idea of when I said that I can keep up with or pass others on the track you are picturing passing in the carpool lane on the 405. I did not mean that I am zipping by others. Never said I was the fastest thing on the track. In fact I may be on the other side of that spectrum. I'm only saying that even with the added weight of the 1/8 scale it is still possible to be competitive on 2s lipo. If the Pro4 is too slow try the Revtech 4XS Quad 4800. Check their thread on here. Others say it's a bit faster than the Tekin.
Originally Posted by BLbound
So is wcrc allowing them to run in the 4x4sc class? I was hoping a 13 or 14 would be enough...seems thats what the mugen guys are gearing. Did you do any other weight savings?
As far as I have seen there are guys running these and Mugen conversions at WCRC. And yes I am running a 13T but think I can bump up to a 14 as temps are good.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BLbound
the mugens run, i dont see why this couldnt run. i dunno, i rarely race, only race i did was the JC series, but i ran my scte.

as for weight,its a stock 8.2e, removed radio box, swiss cheese battery tray. i have the first set of SNR towers, im the one who got SNR to make them, and the 8.2 spec chassis, i saw little to no weight savings. when i get a chance ill weigh stock vs SNR towers and chassis.

with full rtr no body, ~6.75lbs
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
the mugens run, i dont see why this couldnt run. i dunno, i rarely race, only race i did was the JC series, but i ran my scte.

as for weight,its a stock 8.2e, removed radio box, swiss cheese battery tray. i have the first set of SNR towers, im the one who got SNR to make them, and the 8.2 spec chassis, i saw little to no weight savings. when i get a chance ill weigh stock vs SNR towers and chassis.

They are trick pieces thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh

Thanks for the info! And thanks for getting Steve to make the towers!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aoh
thats heavy

6.10 RTR no body
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC10.2 4wd-p1010109.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

6lbs 10oz = 6.625 lbs

not much lighter than mine, tires can account for that difference

its a fat cow
Old 06-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheOutlawRc
thats heavy

6.10 RTR no body
Outlaw,
where did you find that battery tray? Or is it a custom job?
Old 06-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

@Aoh
ops guess my "german" understanding of lbs and oz does lagg a little....
need to spend more time with my us buddys ;-)

@DoggieLee
I got this tray from a dealer here in germany, called IN-Racing
But as far as i know this tray is from Jamara
But the tray from the Hyper 10SC will fit the same way
Old 06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Ok so next hurdle is putting the little fat girl on a diet, anyone with an idea???
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

If you ask me, weight is not everything.
My truck is awsome on my little tight indoor track.
I'm wheel to wheel with the Losi trucks, means in the same 10th of a second per round. drive time is around 15-18min with about 5000-5500 mAh.

I may cut down some weight from the chassis but mainly to gain some more flex.

The weight is pretty much set, not much more to do in my opinion.
The only thing i have left out is a carbon fibre chassis, but i down want to remove to much weight on the lower end of the car because of roll.
My weight distribution is as low as possible and i wan to keep it that way.

no reason to drop more weight imho
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheOutlawRc
@Aoh
ops guess my "german" understanding of lbs and oz does lagg a little....
need to spend more time with my us buddys ;-)

@DoggieLee
I got this tray from a dealer here in germany, called IN-Racing
But as far as i know this tray is from Jamara
But the tray from the Hyper 10SC will fit the same way
Thanks Outlaw,
I was just looking at the Hyper 10 battery tray, looks a little different than yours, but its the same principle. Might have to drill some new holes in it.

So, the general consensus is, if you use the Losi wheel hex's, and the stock SC8 wheels, you can get it down to within a mm or 2 of being full on ROAR legal, correct?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

TheOutlawRc, your the inspiration for the truck in the first place, thanks!

but, i agree and disagree with you on weight. yes my truck is probably faster than my own SCTE purely cuz it is sooooo much better handling. BUT, when the track has triples and quads that everyone is clearing, and i dont have the grunt to do it, i lose ground on them .

i did scale both my trucks, they both have similar running gear, same exactly wheels/tires. these weights are RTR minus battery and body.

scte is 2 413.6 grams, 5.32lbs
sc10.2 4wd 2758 grams, 6.08lbs

im gonna keep at tryin to lose weight on it some more, but i really dont see losing 3/4lb, not even sure if i can pull 1/2 a lb off it.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Aoh,

Are you running any of the lightened drive train components in your sc10.2?

How did you get your losi 1.5 pounds lighter than what losi says it weighs? Or are their specs off that much on their website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.