R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Pipe advice for O.S. VZ-B engine

Just got an OS VZB engine (not the V spec) and am unsure which pipe/manifold to get for it.

Do most manifolds fit most engines or do you have to get specific manifolds for the engine. I've been looking at RD Logics 61850 but have no idea if it will suit the VZB.

Also, could someone shed some light on what Pros and Cons there are of buying either an inline exhaust or slip jointed ( apart from slip jointed popping off from time to time!)

Thanks
ScoobyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

My VZ-B ran awesome with the OS 2050 pipe. I have the RD Logics pipe also and it's a good all-around pipe...kinda similar to a 086 pipe. I like the 2050 better though.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Talking

Hi there......

OS 2050 is the suggested Pipe for this engine........as ROD said. its the way to go !!

I had to go with the 2040 which turned out to be a ON Road version this is also running fine with for me still !! guess its gives me more top end !! LOL

But learn from my error which i realised a lot later when the obsession of getting to run the car faded........ the pipe comes in a set along with the muffler take the whole set.......

Quote:
Also, could someone shed some light on what Pros and Cons there are of buying either an inline exhaust or slip jointed ( apart from slip jointed popping off from time to time!)
FOR me this has been the most horrible experience in the ON ROAD car where i lost the race and didnt qualify aswell...due to a slipped up pipe and later a torn joint tube.....but hey if you are ok with that !!

..the fact remains that was an ON ROAD ......no Jumps bumps or hUmps !!

Choose wisely........
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote