Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Into 1/10th Buggies - Decisions decisions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting Into 1/10th Buggies - Decisions decisions

So I tried short course trucks and it wasn't for me. I sold both of my trucks and got a 1/8th Associated 8.2e buggy. Really like the way a buggy handles and jumps. But my local indoor track is too small for the big buggy, so I want a 1/10th. I'm looking at the Kyosho, Associated 4.1 World kit, Losi 22, and the Durango.

After holding them and inspecting up close and personal, I noticed that the 1/10th buggies are of a higher quality than my short course 2wd truck. Not as plasticky. Looks like a lot of design and attention went into these buggies vs the 2wd truck. I really like that. Personally I think they are more "hobby quality" than the 2wd trucks.

Anyway...............

So I like the aluminum frame in the Losi and the Durango, and hmmmmm, not too impressed with the plastic Associated. I do like the carbon composite chasis of the Kyosho.

I also don't like the "sliding mechanism" in the steering of the Losi 22. Lots of slop.

So, in a nutshell, which of these stand out in your opinion?

Do any of them hold up better - more durable - in the real world?

Do any of them stand out due to the fact that they break easy if you look at them funny?

Thanks for your help in my search!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

f.w.i.w.

I love my Kyosho RB5 WC. But i despise it when it breaks and i need a part and get it mailed in, if its in stock some where but i probably have enough parts to build it three times over now in my toolbox dedicated to kyosho parts.
oh yeah on that thought how is Durango parts supply these days.
hope that helps with your decision
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I have ran the 22 for abaout 8 months. It was my first 1/10 buggy and I thought it was great,untill I drove a friends WE B4.1. Went home and sold my 22 that night. They are both pretty durable imo. One thing about the 22 is your gonna spend another $100 to $150 on hop ups to get it the way everyone is running them now. With the B4.1 it comes with all the goodies right from the start. Parts support is pretty much the same in my area for both cars. I feel the B4.1 is alot more forgiving and corners a whole lot better than the 22 but the 22 was a little better jumping. Im not saying the 22 is garbage by any means but I think for my driving style the B4.1 is better for me,you may be different. You should really try to drive each one you are considering and see for your self.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you like AE. 1/8 you'll like the 10th. It's one of the better buggies, imo. Other than that, unless your racing to feed your family, the higher end buggies are all personal preference.