Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Any new E-truggies on the horizon??? >

Any new E-truggies on the horizon???

Any new E-truggies on the horizon???

Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default Any new E-truggies on the horizon???

Just wondering if anyone is working on one. Myself and some of my friends are looking to update our rides. We run Xray Xt8 with rc-monster conversion and love it but its getting hard to find these kits. I would love a new purpose built e truggy! Maybe serpent or durango?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Prophet

No mainly because of the rise of popularity in 4x4 sc trucks so you only have a choice of converting your nitro truggy. Or get a true electric conversion kit like Tekno or RC monster which i highly remmend insend of a nitro conversion kit.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

I am very familiar with both. I have a tekno v4 mugen and an rc monster xt8 full chassis conversion. Just hoping for a new purpose built e truggy. It is still my favorite class. I also have 3 4x4 sc truck. The durango, Assc, and hyper. I love to race them but e truggy and e buggy will always be my favorites.

The xray xt8 with the rc monster conversion is the best there is imo but the kits are almost impossible to find now and our current rides are 3 seasons old. Plus it seems xray has no interest in updating the truggy. When shopping for a new truggy I just dont know if going with technology that old appeals to me. I want all the new stuff! LOL
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Durango has a nitro truggy in the works so might see a electric version of it at some point.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Xray has one in the pipeline, but no one has heard from it since this was posted more than a year ago:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...kategoria=2328

I will buy one the moment it is released.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

We are lucky because we basically own the electric truggy market. We have had all sorts of issues keeping 1/8 inventory in stock for this year so keep asking and we can keep selling. Our truggies are bulletproof now so they are a lot of fun to sell.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kaan View Post
Xray has one in the pipeline, but no one has heard from it since this was posted more than a year ago:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...kategoria=2328

I will buy one the moment it is released.
I would to but dont think it will happen as it is based off the 808e in the middle and that did not do so well. They probably scrapped it. And they still use that fugly body! Come on Xray.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
We are lucky because we basically own the electric truggy market. We have had all sorts of issues keeping 1/8 inventory in stock for this year so keep asking and we can keep selling. Our truggies are bulletproof now so they are a lot of fun to sell.
Gonna go check it out. A buddy of mine had a nitro truggy from you a few years back and the plastics were less than ideal. Have they improved?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Caster has a purpose built electric truggy. No buying a nitro and then having to convert it. It's a great truggy so give it a try and it wont take all of your cash either
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
Gonna go check it out. A buddy of mine had a nitro truggy from you a few years back and the plastics were less than ideal. Have they improved?
Yes, they have. I also had seen Caster's products a few years ago, and since then (as Mike likes to put it), they have much improved themselves from redcats and hope to approach xray status. I think you should definitely check them out. To many, they look very similar to Mugens. This is mainly because they are one of the few to use pivot balls, so there is a connection there. But he's right, those things can't stay in stock for more than five minutes.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart View Post
Caster has a purpose built electric truggy. No buying a nitro and then having to convert it. It's a great truggy so give it a try and it wont take all of your cash either
Any thoughts when these might be available? Any parts shared w the mugen? I have an eco buggy and want a truggy but dont wanna spend the cash for a mugen 6t + eco conv
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Any thoughts when these might be available? Any parts shared w the mugen? I have an eco buggy and want a truggy but dont wanna spend the cash for a mugen 6t + eco conv
The truggies are really nice,i have seen one in person and it was top notchjust pm Hakmazter for the availability or check out casterracingusa.com.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just list out of stock on the site--no promise date listed that I could find.

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...&cat=60&page=1
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgunz View Post
just list out of stock on the site--no promise date listed that I could find.

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...&cat=60&page=1
Thats because they are excellent trucks sir