Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hot bodies lighning stadium

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default hot bodies lighning stadium

hot bodies lightning stadium seems like nobody is talking about these come on guys this truggy rules
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

I had one of those trucks when they first came out. I bought the pro version with the
aluminum arms. I don't know which version you have, but the first batch of axels broke
at the drive pin. They were overhardened from the factory. Called HB, no problem they
sent the new axels right away. You can use the shiny axels off a Losi LST, just the bone
portion, and use your existing axel. Stronger than stock. Also you may want to double
up on the drag links, they bend pretty easily. The diffs are filled with very light weight
oil, like 40w shock oil or something. Try 5-7-3 in the diffs. I also increased shock oil
to 50w all around. Keep than long chassis from bottoming out on the takeoff of a jump.
Junked the stock HB motor for a Sirio 27xl pro version. Non-pull. Fast as hell. First time out
at the track qualified 2nd for the a-main, out of 3 monster truck outlaw classes. After a twenty
minute main I took the win with a lap and a half over second place, three laps over the rest of the
field. Awesome truck, just too radical of a design for some people. I loved it. I sold it to my
friend, and he just can't drive it enough. If you need help with that truck let me know, my friend
and I have alot of stick time and tuning with that truck, to make it handle much better than stock.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

thanks chim so far i only put 60 in the shocks and going to change my diff oils to like you said and as for the motor i got a rex .28 8 port in the box going to throw that in thanks for the help and other set up you got would be highly appreciated
Old 01-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have a better motor for mine but have not put it in yet,The problem i see with the stock motor is it's undergeared,I went up 2 teeth on the bell and it did make a difference,so for now the stock motor works fine on the tracks i race at(small).I still have had some problems with breakage on this truck,I have bent the stock steering link a few times(you have to double them up)I have broke the shock ends a few times as well(my fault did not use the set screws on the arms ..I use them now)I have broken the rear suspension block(twice)Most of the damage has been when i was using the bow tie 40's,with the stock tires i really have not broken anything..yet.I also tried the Dragons and you really need to gear way up on these tires,with stock gearing,max speed in about 15 feet.. I'm running 10k in the center diff,7k in the front diff and 3k in the rear diff,Assoicated 50wt in the shocks F& R,One of the problems that i see on the shocks is the shafts,3.5mm then thay take it down to 3mm for the shock end,hard to find replacements if you break one,I think the offna shock shafts will work,that way you could at least find replacments.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

mine came doubled up out of the box if this is what you mean i think they upgraded it in the last batch
Old 01-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

did any of you use the double shocks on the wheels with the space provided or should i be good with just the 4 and 60 weight all around thanks guys glad i got this started so far i seen this thing kick azz on the tracks but heard some stuff at my local track that they might not let them race with the trucks cause its been so dominent i think they are thinking of a truggy class this thing rules
Old 01-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

not familiar with the drag links hope that was it in the picture or do you have one or can explain where it is i went over the whole truck and thats the only thing that came to my mind was i right
Old 01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

It's the steering link..alum. bar conects the steering links.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

got it now i know,it looks thick ass hell though
Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default mgt man

Is that elmwood park NJ if so shoot me a email,my normal screename is Xtreme R/C for the store i own but i lost password and this is what they gave me??? anyway [email protected]
Old 01-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

lol ye you guys know me it albert whats up ill be stopping by soon you guys rule we got to bash as soon as this snow melts i cant wait im starting to get the shakes lol
Old 01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

I know it looks thick but it will bend if you crash big.. Just got all my parts in..need to work on the truck,Got a new motor for it,Peak .28 should be faaaast now.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

hell ye im putting the rex in it .28 8port but right now its to cold and to much snow to do anything but that thing should fly with the peak .28 also i was almost happy with the stock speed of it but as always lol i break it in with a bigger motor and hold the spare for stock i love this truggy almost as bad as my buggies
Old 01-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Lord

Wait till you race it.. This has to be the most fun I have ever had racing RC's(thats 18+ years)On a small track I TQed over the stadium trucks(1/10)thats with pro level drivers(I was the only MT to show up that night)I still need to do some work on the handling(small stuff)but the MT's at this track are about 3 laps off the pace of the Stadium trucks,So for me to be in the same neighborhood let alone TQ,Speaks volumes about how good this truck really is.I think that with the success that the LSP has had you will see most of the 1/8th makers(Ofna,Kyosho,GS,XTM)come out with truggys,But thats cool 1/8th Stadium trucks..
Old 01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

i cant wait im getting some hop ups for it tomorrow ihavent even firedd my up yet and im going crazy so im hopping it up in the meanwhile till the frozen tundra dissapears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.