R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The locals were all told this as well (The 25th). It came as a shock to everyone including us locals.

I don't think that they really had control over the situation. Car Action apperently told them that the mag was going to start hitting shelves on the 25th. Well it just so happenned that they hit in places a little earlier than that and people were starting to send in entries as soon as they got a hold of the mag.

Just a hunch, but hold out a bit longer to see if you got your entry in on time or not. It just very well may have made it. If not I'm sure that they will send your money back. They have to me in years past when I didn't get my entry in on time.

SS
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #17
Suspended

" I have always wanted to fly to Arizona to see all the Cacti. I thought it would be a fun adventure and escape from the daily rigors of life here in DC. You see, my grandparents had a place near the Mexican border when I was growing up, and I always loved visiting them there. I have since dreamed of being able to come back, but the airlines were always booked! I then got shipped out to Vietnam and it didn't really matter anyway. I realized that Grandpa's place near the border wasn't nearly as great of a destination as the whorehouses in Guam! Boy did I save a lot of money...."
-John McCain
Max Brushware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #18
SRS
Tech Regular

Ben-We posted the entry form on the srs website on wednesday 1/19 once we found out that car action entry form was available. We posted that forms were available and being taken on tech talk and also on the srs site that forms were available. Also, this entry process has been the same for the past 18+years. It is not advised that you book all your plans before you are confirmed in at any event. If you entry was recieved after the cactus was filled up, you will recieved your payment form back shortly. In regards to your comment about us sticking to a date, R/C Car Action distributed the magazine earlier than expected which caused the entry form to be available to subscribers and on newstands. We did our best to get the information available to everyone who was intrested by posting that the form was available in car action, the srs website & on newstands.

Last edited by SRS; 01-25-2005 at 06:54 PM.
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #19
SRS
Tech Regular

Ben-Many locals did not get their entries in this year nor did a lot get them in last year, so your idea about this being a locals race is completely un-true.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Ben Ellis

SRS- I understand your guy's situation. Like I said, no offense to your track by any means, it was more Car actions fault more then anyones if I should be pointing it at anyone. I know you guys have a great staff and facility and look forward to one day running there. Unfortuantly, I guess I need to get a computer attached to my side so I can check for updates while at work. haha. It would be niice if I get in after they round classes, but if not, hope to see you guys next year.

Again sorry If I sounded harsh, just needed to vent a little I guess.
Ben Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #21
SRS
Tech Regular

ben-no offense taken. we have just been getting bombarded with calls seeing if people getting in and complaining, so I hadn't taken offense. I appreciate your understanding of the situation and we do apologize that the form was made available before we said it would be. Believe me, everyone vents, no big deal. Hopefully next year works out better for ya. Also, we are having the 2005 Roar Stock Nats this year.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Next year make the entry fees $75-100.
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Next year, allow 400 entries..
Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 PM   #24
SRS
Tech Regular

tacoma-more complaints, but it would still fill up regardless.

Aaron-It would take forever, we wouldn't get out of there till late, and for the track crew, it would run them down so fast b/c they are working super hard all week.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #25
Tech Elite

That's always been the reason we've heard for years, but there are other tracks all over the country that do it every single year. For a race with such crazy entry problems to only take in such a small turnout is pointless. Every year you take a small turnout with a certain few people running 2-4 classes a piece, and every year you have people all over the internet complaining about how the locals screwed everyone else's chances of getting in.

The Hot Rod Shootout has had more than 400 entries, and even run gas truck...with zero problems. The Midwest Winter Championships a couple weeks ago had a combined 480 (I think?) entries over the course of the weekend. The Watermelon Classic would have more than 350 and included gas truck and 1/8th scale in their program.

I understand it would be hard work..but the extra $4000 would be worth it, wouldn't it?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #26
Tech Adept

maybe next year limit it to 2 classes max that way more racers can run
Team Dorkmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #27
SRS
Tech Regular

aaron-we have been doing this race for going on 19years. We have tried various entry limits, class restrictions, etc and we do know what works best for us and for the racers. You can't make everyone happy, but that's life.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Here's an option perhaps you didn't consider:

You had announced a beginning date for registration. Stick to it. If entry forms are out there a few days early, oh well...

I still don't have that issue of RCCA.

You could simply refuse entries before the official start. It wasn't that people were mailing their RCCA entries in, they were calling/E-mailing. All you had to do was to tell them that no entries would be accepted prior to the official date.

Since you changed policy in mid-stream, you might want to make the exception to the entry limit suggested by Aaron for this year. it's reasonable to assume that many interested racers did not see your posts -- they knew the date you had announced and had no further reason to check. We were at the Mid-Winter with 460 entries in just two days and they ran a smooth program -- it can be done.

You're the organizor. You set the policy. It's fairest to all if you set the policy you want once and stick to it.
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #29
Tech Master

The Cactus is by far the best race of the year, I dont know any other races that sell out that fast. Its like a Jay Z concert!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Who cares if the magazine came out early and people sent in forms ...that's why you should honor mailed entries according to their postmark. If you say the 25th...no entries allowed if postmarked before. Not rocket science.

nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote