Do any Mugen MBX5 parts fit MBX4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do any Mugen MBX5 parts fit MBX4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Do any Mugen MBX5 parts fit MBX4?

Does anyone know if any parts from the MBX5 will fit an MBX4?

Don't think parts for the MBX4 are that hard to get hold of but just wondered how much difference there is between the two and if any parts can be inter-changed.

thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not many parts are interchangeable. I think the diffs, bearings, couple of small parts, but other than that they are different. I've had both cars and I would HIGHLY suggest getting an MBX-5. You can find a good used one on this forum for a good price. Last season I never broke one part or had a failure during a run with my MBX-5 (about 4 gallons of racing).
Old 01-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at a 2nd hand MBX4XR. I don't want to spend loads on rallycross, I just fancy giving it a go to see if I like it. Plus buying the older model keeps costs down a fair bit.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Getting the MBX4XR or the MBX-5 will not cost much of a difference. The X4 is harder to work on, it has extra stuff on the front and rear suspension that bends and binds easily. The shock shafts on the X5 are thicker and more durable (front shock shafts are the thing that breaks the easiest on any 8th scale.

8th scale buggies are by far the most durable RC cars. They are very fast, can jump like nothing else and have the highest fun factor of any RC cars out there. Whatever 8th scale buggy you get you will definaltely have fun with it.