LRp 6.5 turn

Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default LRp 6.5 turn

Hey guys i got a 6.d turn in the mail, and im a little concerned. My tacons and my trinity duo all clunk when i turn them by hand, from the magnets. The used lrp i got in the mail is barley evn notivcable. Is that something to be concernd of? Or is that normal...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

There's two types of motors.. in some, the magnets have very noticable "slots", in others, it spins smoothly. I have both types (i.e. mamba monster has very strong jumps between slots, venileon motor turns smoothly), there's no actual difference in function there.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

i have an 8.5 lrp with a 12mm rotor in it, 12.5 comes stock, and their is a noticeable amount of drag when you spin it. i have cooked a few motors in my day and the rotor looses its magnetism and u loose the "clunk" as you described it. put the motor in and if it's really strong, ur fine. if it gets hot quickly and really soft on the bottom end of the rpm curve, your rotor is toast. I do have one i can sell ya.... just saying.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

LRP's "spin", when spinning the rotor by hand, feel VERY notchy, like the magnets are pulling very hard. On the opposite end of the spectrum, are the Tekin motors... you can hardly feel anything. If you have an LRP and it spins in your hand really easily, either something is wrong with the motor or there is an aftermarket rotor in there, or something...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking

I also have a Velineon and it spins freely by hand, and sometimes for some reason it seems to have the brakes on after ive shut eveything down, then if i leave it sit a lil while later it will be back to free spinning, im guessing its soon to be going poop on me as i have gotten TONS of use out of it,,, Id guestimate it like and old chevy small block its just over 120,00 miles so its prob got a 1/4 of its life left