Wiki Posts
Search

Justified purchase???

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Justified purchase???

As the owner of 5 vehicles (all in very different classifications) I've cherished buying a Traxxas Summit or Revo... Already owning a FULLY BUILT & capable E-maxx makes me question whether or not it would be a justified purchase... Anyone have any insight on how they feel about their summit/Revo.. Worth the $600 when I already run an E-maxx?? Or should I just keep enjoying my Maxx... Money is not really an issue, all my 5 vehicles see plenty of PT.. Just don't want to drop $$$ on something that is not worth it in the scheme of things... In all honesty I'm leaning more towards the summit because I live in hill country and I LOVE rock-climbing with my maxx... Any opinion is welcome, I'm on the fence...
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say go for it bro. I've spent more money on this hobby than I want to even think about but I keep doing it. I'm gonna buy me a big monster one of these days.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow. I asked myself that very same question just recently!

I already had my Brushless E-Maxx, and just finished my E-Conversion on a Losi Muggy (handles so different from the Maxx!), when I saw the opportunity to get a Summit. Didn't want the Revo, as it was just another racing MT. Already had a Muggy, didn't want another one.

I say go for it. The Summit is a totally different machine, and while it's not super fast, it climbs over everything without missing a beat. The locking diffs and 2-Speed trans are really, really fun.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The locking diffs and 70-1 gear ratio are a neat feature that I'd really enjoy.. But it almost worries me, just cause its something else to go wrong.. Then again I haven't heard of too many problems out of the summit...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I say go for a used Summit. Pay $300-$350 for it (I picked up 2 for $300 each) and enjoy it. Its a very different beast and although not very fast its a blast to run with.

The one thing I have seen with the Summit is that its retains its value well. I picked up my 2 for cheap, all of the ones I saw online including ebay were selling for over $400 considering a new one goes for about $520 on Tower with a coupon. If you get tired of your Summit just go ahead and sell it.