Wiki Posts
Search

New guy here, need help choosing a SC truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New guy here, need help choosing a SC truck

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I have been into R/C almost my whole life. I grew up in a family of R/C nuts (planes, cars, trucks, trains, you name it). When I started my own family I kind of strayed away from R/C, but soon I found myself back into it, full force. Right now I am really into helis, but I want something to bash around and race a little that isnt as stressful as helis. We have a local track, but it is just for fun. A few years ago I sold off almost all of my R/C cars and trucks (about 14 of them). Most of them were vintage from my childhood(Tamiya Blackfoots, Tamiya Lunchbox, Clodbusters, early 1/8th scale buggies, etc you guys get the idea). Right now I only have a 2.5 nitro Stampede, and a Clodbuster based super scale crawler. I am really digging the short course scene. I want to start with a base RTR model, and build it up to my likings over time. I am unsure of what to go with though. I have been looking at SC10's, Slash's, and Blitz's. I want to stay within the $200-250 range. 2.4 tx is not necessary because I have an Airtronics MX Sport running my Stampede and Crawler that I will use on it. I still want rtr though. Opinions please. Thanks guys.