R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Durango DEST210R thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/603683-team-durango-dest210r-thread.html)

jpcopeland1 06-11-2014 09:45 PM

Looking for a good setup for tight indoor hard packed clay.

Devin 07-03-2014 08:25 PM

I have a Dex and a DESC, what DEST specific parts are recommended to get for the pit box?

tfrankito 07-03-2014 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13378503)
I have a Dex and a DESC, what DEST specific parts are recommended to get for the pit box?

rear arms and inner hinge pins. Those are the only things that I broke on a regular...well I'm exagerating a tad...basis.

Devin 07-04-2014 10:09 AM

Thanks Frank.

Hinge pins are 210 line generic and rear arms shared with the DESC. Things I like to hear:)

Your the second person to tell me to get rear arms. My SC has never broken one, ST must be harder on it / that bumper must be doing work.

jpcopeland1 07-04-2014 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13379508)
Thanks Frank.

Hinge pins are 210 line generic and rear arms shared with the DESC. Things I like to hear:)

Your the second person to tell me to get rear arms. My SC has never broken one, ST must be harder on it / that bumper must be doing work.

Its the material that makes them frail when its cold. Boiling helps. I would go to Tower and get the new arms that just came in. Different plastic that is less susceptible to breakage.

tfrankito 07-04-2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13379508)
Thanks Frank.

I was using the old material. I have only broken 1 arm on my SCT but it was a huge hit. The stadium truck for some reason would break when I looked at it wrong. I was holding the car waist high and lost grip of it before my main. it fell on the tire at an angle and bent the hinge pin and broke the arm. Weird. I did notice I was using the kit arms from a year ago and they felt different then the new arms when I put them on.

Devin 07-04-2014 12:50 PM

OK,

Bought new arms with my order. Smeone else told me to get extra arms as well. You guys did at least $10 worth of arm twisting LOL.

Devin 07-09-2014 11:58 AM

What is the rule of thumb for shock weights? If 30w front and 25 rear has me really happy on the buggy, should I just keep it or does ST need to be a bit stiffer/lighter (in general).

If there is no general buggy to ST rule of thumb I'll just use my buggy shock set-up as a starting point.

mcopeland65 07-09-2014 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13390014)
What is the rule of thumb for shock weights? If 30w front and 25 rear has me really happy on the buggy, should I just keep it or does ST need to be a bit stiffer/lighter (in general).

If there is no general buggy to ST rule of thumb I'll just use my buggy shock set-up as a starting point.

I would go with Cush starting setup and tweak from there. It is a good base setup to use. Just axe all of the tresrey, creme aftermarket stuff since you won't be using it.

trick25 07-09-2014 01:18 PM

i broke more arms on sc than st. but almost all arms broke were outdoor when it was cold. they do not like cold much.

i really love my st. i really like associated and this truck drives better than my t4.1 with some of the 4.2 upgrades. my favorite st. only thing i dont like is the body is getting hard to get. going to try get a body made for associated to fit when this one goes.

trick25 07-09-2014 01:19 PM

i run thicker oils and 22t springs. but i run outdoors .

mcopeland65 07-09-2014 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by trick25 (Post 13390154)
i broke more arms on sc than st. but almost all arms broke were outdoor when it was cold. they do not like cold much.

i really love my st. i really like associated and this truck drives better than my t4.1 with some of the 4.2 upgrades. my favorite st. only thing i dont like is the body is getting hard to get. going to try get a body made for associated to fit when this one goes.

No other body is a drop fit for it. Randy Pike had to run a Bulldog body with the back cut out to accommodate the rear shock towers.

nitro-rob 07-09-2014 02:33 PM

I managed to get my hands on two bodies so I am lucky. I agree this ST handles very well, my friend chose between this and a 4.2, he bought both and he sold me the durango. He wants to get a durango after driving mine.

35/27.5 is what I am running.

tfrankito 07-09-2014 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Devin (Post 13390014)

I think I ran cush's base set up. The rear I ended up with a 2x1.6 with pink sometimes red losi 22 springs. Only thing to keep it from slapping the 2x1.5 in the front felt good.

Leans 07-10-2014 06:40 AM

Team Durango DEST210R kit purchase

I have been looking at purchasing this kit as I have never built a kit but always wanted to. My LHS is selling it for $140 so that made me start thinking about it. Can anyone give me some information on this truck? Thanks!