Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 03-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #811
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait69 View Post
They protrude the same but just don't sick through the wheel. Plus, what tool are you guys using for the wheel nuts. Having problems getting something to work due to the small diameter of the bore in the wheel.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with your hex assembly, looks like your steering knuckle needs an extra vertical shim though.

A generic RC cross wrench like #TD390022 will fit. I know the Hudy nut driver will fit too http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...et-Driver-70mm
Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #812
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Built a Dest210r kit and ran it for the first time this weekend. As it is right now it has a major off power push. What should I look at adjusting first to get more steering in it? That was the biggest issue I had with the kit, something is up with the slipper but I believe it is in assembly I have it locked down and it is still slipping like crazy.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #813
Tech Rookie

Default parts maybe

Was on la parts house website and noticed there's a durango tab. Maybe some part support.
trypple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #814
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust1905 View Post
Built a Dest210r kit and ran it for the first time this weekend. As it is right now it has a major off power push. What should I look at adjusting first to get more steering in it? That was the biggest issue I had with the kit, something is up with the slipper but I believe it is in assembly I have it locked down and it is still slipping like crazy.
Check a couple things. Check the layshaft spacer for wear. That's a huge issue if it is worn. Durango pads are not the greateat. Associated pads will work before the v2slipper. I have those on mine and works a better. My dest210 I have been struggling with the slipper. I tried the avid triad but I run ball diff and afraid of barking it. Working through the issues. My St truck no issues. Kind of weird. I did replace the layshaft spacer and it did help.
tfrankito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #815
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust1905 View Post
Excess slipping of the slipper can be cause by glazed slipper pads or a worn layshaft spacer, would say it's the former since it was your first run.

Softening the front suspension would be one thing to try to get more off power steering.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #816
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are they coming out with a new Stadium Truck as well? sure would be nice to have the straight arms on the front of my truck also.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #817
Tech Adept

anyone converted their st into a buggy? Nobody running st in my area anymore so wanted to see if it was worth the hassle and $ involved. Thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #818
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Got a DEST210R coming in next week. Couldn't pass it up at $150 shipped. What are your guys thoughts on this particular truck in mid motor configuration. It will be on an indoor clay track with relatively decent traction. Should I build it 3 gear or keep it a bit safe at 4 gear?

Thanks!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait69 View Post
They protrude the same but just don't sick through the wheel. Plus, what tool are you guys using for the wheel nuts. Having problems getting something to work due to the small diameter of the bore in the wheel.
The Dynamite black handle aluminum and Losi also work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nil View Post
anyone converted their st into a buggy? Nobody running st in my area anymore so wanted to see if it was worth the hassle and $ involved. Thanks.
It's not cost efficient. I think it's easier to list the common parts rather than what you need. I think even the shocks and turnbuckles aren't the same.

Steering assembly
Transmission

You can convert into SC way easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Got a DEST210R coming in next week. Couldn't pass it up at $150 shipped. What are your guys thoughts on this particular truck in mid motor configuration. It will be on an indoor clay track with relatively decent traction. Should I build it 3 gear or keep it a bit safe at 4 gear?

Thanks!
I haven't heard of many trying it as MM. Gotta get the track time and try it.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #820
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
It's not cost efficient. I think it's easier to list the common parts rather than what you need. I think even the shocks and turnbuckles aren't the same.

Steering assembly
Transmission

You can convert into SC way easier.
As feared about the cost and I already have a sc so won't go that route. Thank you.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #821
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got bored and pulled the 17.5 out of it and put a 8.5 in, what a difference, this thing is a blast, but I am also now having the slipper issue as well. I am using the Aarma pads, but maybe it is the layshaft spacer. This truck still rocks. I hand made a 100 gram brass weight for the back, under neath the chassis, it really made a difference.
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #822
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

having raced he 4.1 with 4.2 parts and the team c tco2t pro. this is the best st i have had. The thing just stayed glued to track outdoors in rm4. yes i broke a rear arm first time out(cold) but i originally bought this truck as a intermiem till the AE t5 came out and they were on sale at tower.....

But as it stands i may not be getting the t5 since this truck drives so good. only issue ive had is the shock cap seals are horrid. shocks are good though. running different springs and sumo trans case brace just in case.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #823
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick25 View Post
only issue ive had is the shock cap seals are horrid. shocks are good though.
Take an x-acto and cut a 45 bevel around the edge if you have already done so.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #824
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wish Durango would hurry up and release a new body for the DEST210. I think I have more Shoe Goo than lexan at this point.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #825
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I wish Durango would hurry up and release a new body for the DEST210. I think I have more Shoe Goo than lexan at this point.
I am with you.. I have been team durango since I decided to stop bashing but the lack of support for everything in the last 3-4 months has turned me off.. once my current cars need replacing I think It's a different brand
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote