Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sparkwraps
Remove the maybe from there - Do it. The bumper set is like $5 and it will save your chassis. Don't wait to put it on.
Already had ordered and it did make the cut... if nobody has a good clay setup, does this truck setup more like the desc210 or the dex210? I have an idea where I want to start but figured I'd see what has worked out there.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

i'm using the same setup as my DESC and it seems to work fine
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Are you not getting full throw when the truck is at full droop? At ride height it should cycle just fine, but it can rub a bit with the front arms at full droop. Technically this shouldn't matter- if you're at full droop the truck is most likely in the air and full lock doesn't do much there. But, I dremeled the arms on my SC with no breakages since it was new back in August. I wouldn't recommend taking half the material away, but a little bit for clearance if it bothers you won't hurt- the arms are pretty darn stout.
Just built the Truck today and I'm getting the same rubbing. The set screw on the front is rubbing and the rear steering link rubs at full lock.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

This truck runs better w/ the droop set than it does with out anyway.... droop should be used imo. A good starting point for the rear is 101.5, front is 86. The axles actually get a strange vibration at full droop as well.. I find the 102mm"ish" is about max where you don't get this odd behavior.

Almost have her dialed.. managed to qual 2nd and win the A on the first race, just hours after being built. BUT the tq was messing around a bit and paid for it :P My truck was still a mess at that point, but have made several tweaks and she is getting really close. I was down to almost buggy speed practicing yesterday w/ the latest. I'll update my sheet after this wed's races and post up for anyone looking for a starting point. Not much available out there for setups imo, but I will say losi green 22t front springs and white losi 22t rear springs, with a shorty pack make it very happy.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 03-04-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Welp, tweaked some tonight.. settled on a setup for the next race and she was very dialed by the end of practice today.. so the only thing I'm still a little undecided on is the rear springs. I replaced the stock light blue w/ the losi white which is "supposed" to be the same rate but it is a little different size and does feel a lot different imo and is way better than the stock spring, but I also tried the slightly harder durango lt red spring and it is pretty nice too. I'll end up with one of these two springs the losi 22t wt or the durango lt red. This maybe up on petitrc soon too.. but here is a link to a jpg.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Welp, tweaked some tonight.. settled on a setup for the next race and she was very dialed by the end of practice today.. so the only thing I'm still a little undecided on is the rear springs. I replaced the stock light blue w/ the losi white which is "supposed" to be the same rate but it is a little different size and does feel a lot different imo and is way better than the stock spring, but I also tried the slightly harder durango lt red spring and it is pretty nice too. I'll end up with one of these two springs the losi 22t wt or the durango lt red. This maybe up on petitrc soon too.. but here is a link to a jpg.

Can't read the sheet. Resolutions not high enough or something.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Helping out The spacers under the front inner camber link isn't filled in, in 8ight-e's picture. His front ride height is 28, missed that.

Last edited by ekt; 03-08-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Double post

Last edited by shagino; 03-13-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ekt
Helping out The spacers under the front inner camber link isn't filled in, in 8ight-e's picture. His front ride height is 28, missed that.
Thanks. I downloaded the pic so I'm a bit shocked. Thought it was the source for sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ekt
2mm for those spacers. Didn't even notice it wasn't on there.

height works good from 27 to 28 range front and rear, seems better overall with the rear ever so slightly lower, which is odd my 1/8 scale losi's like it just the opp.

I'm racing tomorrow.. we'll see if I need any more tweaks but she felt great the other day w/ this setup Running a nice set of pressure points on the rear now and feels like I have a lot more traction.

I did swap in a hw extreme stock esc so I could add a little boost to my setup as well.

I also ordered the locking exotek hex's for the front and rear, I've notice how un-smooth the front wheels roll even after break in. Built in drag ;P
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the setup info. What are you using for pistons? Blanks drilled out? Etc.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 03-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
2mm for those spacers. Didn't even notice it wasn't on there.

height works good from 27 to 28 range front and rear, seems better overall with the rear ever so slightly lower, which is odd my 1/8 scale losi's like it just the opp.

I'm racing tomorrow.. we'll see if I need any more tweaks but she felt great the other day w/ this setup Running a nice set of pressure points on the rear now and feels like I have a lot more traction.

I did swap in a hw extreme stock esc so I could add a little boost to my setup as well.

I also ordered the locking exotek hex's for the front and rear, I've notice how un-smooth the front wheels roll even after break in. Built in drag ;P
Check the first page of the DESC210 thread, there's info on how to shim the front axles to eliminate bind. The clamping hexes are a nice upgrade, but they don't solve the issue of there not being a crush tube between the bearings. No bind at all with them shimmed up properly.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Thanks for the setup info. What you using for pistons? Blanks drilled out? Etc.
I've been pretty happy w/ the 1.2 x6 pistons.. you do have to run thicker oil vs closing them up,, but I could see how certain tracks would like a lower hole count (plug a few). I use them front and rear, 45wt oils front, 40wt rear. Obviously if you ran smaller holes or if you ran less holes you could thin up the fluids. I did try the single tapered 6x1.0 pistons on the rear and totally hated them.. maybe drilled out but even w/ 30wt oil they just didn't feel as nice at least on our track.

I moved to a 8.5 for today's race and WOW does it rip.. the hw extreme stock esc is awesome. But now I have to tweak again.. a little too much power in turns.. my rear end likes to wash out so I'm going to need to make a few adjustments. I may need firmer foams in the rear too aka or something. Need to think on it some, that or just move back down to the 11.5 motor
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Just picked.one.of these up. Subscribed!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by socal23
Just picked.one.of these up. Subscribed!
I almost bought that one just for parts. That was rediculous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.