R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayrc View Post
What hexes does this truck use 12,14, or 15?
15mm. Same as the DESC410 and DESC210.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #332
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Picked up an rtr ran it out of box not too shabby! Finished 4th in the Amain! Gonna put my SC setup on it and it's only gonna get better esc is very smooth just could not get power out of that 13.5 motor kit came with 87-26 only had an 83 spur so upped it to 83-29 motor ran a little better but only 106 degrees after 8 minute main should I go down to a 75 spur?

Anyone got a 13.5 gearing?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #333
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Already a new stiffer chassis in the works... DIMEC20
Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #334
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajj View Post
Already a new stiffer chassis in the works... DIMEC20
mine broke right in front of the structural webing at the front kickup. I hope this will be stronger at that point.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #335
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

whats a good starting point for a 8.5 lrp x20....its for my boy so it doesnt need to be to crazy...rear motor, 3 gear trans
fastchvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #336
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastchvy View Post
whats a good starting point for a 8.5 lrp x20....its for my boy so it doesnt need to be to crazy...rear motor, 3 gear trans
Depending on esc, 20/21 should be a good start..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

does anyone know if any company is thinking about a carbon chassis as we race a controlled 10.5 blinky class and as per normal the Durnago are not the lightest in the field

but i guess plastic V carbon would not be a huge difference compaired to the steel buggy chassis
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #338
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I got my RTR last week and raced it on Saturday. I made a few changes out of the box but mostly all stock. I finished 1st in the Amain with a 1 lap lead. I have found this is a great truck and cant wait to get my hands on some more Durango products.
BT00561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #339
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
does anyone know if any company is thinking about a carbon chassis as we race a controlled 10.5 blinky class and as per normal the Durnago are not the lightest in the field

but i guess plastic V carbon would not be a huge difference compaired to the steel buggy chassis
Kit buggy chassis is aluminum, not steel. But it is heavier than an equivalent carbon chassis. And I think you're right that carbon to plastic weights would be comparable. If you're looking to shave weight I would look into using titanium where you can- turnbuckles and hingepins are the most cost effective, but using Ti ballstuds and screws saves a lot of weight as well (though pricey). Small things add up too- I kept the plastic battery thumbscrews rather than the nicer and easier to thread aluminum ones, and even used the plastic shock preloads over the aluminum ones on my DESC210 that I run in blinky 17.5. Lunsford has Ti upper shock mounts as well and save some weight over the steel ones too. Acer ceramic bearings are said to be 20% or so lighter than stock steel bearings, and also have much less drag. I was able to go up a couple teeth and keep the same temps when I switched to them. There's not a whole lot else to put it on a diet I can think of, but my durango sc is faster and easier to drive than my SC10 was, even with it being the heavier of the two.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Kit buggy chassis is aluminum, not steel. But it is heavier than an equivalent carbon chassis. And I think you're right that carbon to plastic weights would be comparable. If you're looking to shave weight I would look into using titanium where you can- turnbuckles and hingepins are the most cost effective, but using Ti ballstuds and screws saves a lot of weight as well (though pricey). Small things add up too- I kept the plastic battery thumbscrews rather than the nicer and easier to thread aluminum ones, and even used the plastic shock preloads over the aluminum ones on my DESC210 that I run in blinky 17.5. Lunsford has Ti upper shock mounts as well and save some weight over the steel ones too. Acer ceramic bearings are said to be 20% or so lighter than stock steel bearings, and also have much less drag. I was able to go up a couple teeth and keep the same temps when I switched to them. There's not a whole lot else to put it on a diet I can think of, but my durango sc is faster and easier to drive than my SC10 was, even with it being the heavier of the two.
yeh cheers i meant Alum not steel hehehe

was just seeing if i could drop a bit more weight as i am running shorty pack all ready and real happy but even gram helps in a stock class thats for sure
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #341
Tech Addict

Default Broke

Just broke my 2nd chassis! Both broke in the same spot at the front kickup. They definitely are going to be having a problem with this, just hasn't had enough time to manifest itself yet.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Just broke my 2nd chassis! Both broke in the same spot at the front kickup. They definitely are going to be having a problem with this, just hasn't had enough time to manifest itself yet.
Was this due to a collision or a cased jump, etc?
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #343
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Was this due to a collision or a cased jump, etc?
No crashes whatsoever, just casing a jump. It seems like the force of casing a jump(not that big of one) snaps the chassis. If you look at the chassis right where the structural webbing stops and the kickup begins, it is really thin(around 1m). The area between the 2 screws is where the crack happens. I believe it is just too thin at this point and the forces created when you case a jump is too much for it. I wish I could say it was my bad driving, but I am not doing anything that everyone else isn't doing at my track. The difference is that none of their chassis's are breaking.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #344
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
No crashes whatsoever, just casing a jump. It seems like the force of casing a jump(not that big of one) snaps the chassis. If you look at the chassis right where the structural webbing stops and the kickup begins, it is really thin(around 1m). The area between the 2 screws is where the crack happens. I believe it is just too thin at this point and the forces created when you case a jump is too much for it. I wish I could say it was my bad driving, but I am not doing anything that everyone else isn't doing at my track. The difference is that none of their chassis's are breaking.
i hope this isn't going to happen to all of them, just got done building 1 for my 8 year old and he is a punched driver and west coast has a big triple now. he isnt going to like it when i say double single
fastchvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I made a couple new parts for my DEST today.

Carbon front tower, batt strap and rear ball stud mount. Rear shock tower is next.

J
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DEST210R thread-front-tower.jpg   Team Durango DEST210R thread-img_4987.jpg  
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote